Laura Adlington #2 when you’re Laura, every silver lining has a cloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think dresses are probably the only and easiest thing she finds to dress in hence the quantity of them. Literally looks like a uniform at this stage though I don't remember her wearing them constantly on GBBO.

Reactions: 5
I think dresses are probably the only and easiest thing she finds to dress in hence the quantity of them. Literally looks like a uniform at this stage though I don't remember her wearing them constantly on GBBO.
I think she did, from what I can remember. And to be fair, I thought she looked stylish and carried her weight well. She always looked nice.
I think she seems stuck in a bit of a style rut now though.

Reactions: 11
Really boring podcast today. I feel like it was pretty random, usually their discussions centre around being 'plus size' and until now I have really enjoyed the podcast but not sure what today was about? just a random slim girl talking about ADHD? I feel like they have ran out of topics now and clutching at straws. Maybe it's time to call it a day.

Reactions: 4
Really boring podcast today. I feel like it was pretty random, usually their discussions centre around being 'plus size' and until now I have really enjoyed the podcast but not sure what today was about? just a random slim girl talking about ADHD? I feel like they have ran out of topics now and clutching at straws. Maybe it's time to call it a day.
Honestly I need to stop listening - today’s was terrible. I dunno why I still listen every week 😂 was the guest Harry Styles’ sister?

Reactions: 2
Yeah I think they’re running out of topics. It’s a shame as I do enjoy listening. Not sure where they can go next

I’m a Brit who lives in America and US sizes are much less generous, I’m sure that’s it. I can fit into a UK size 18 a lot of the time but I have absolutely no chance of fitting into the equivalent over here (which would be a US size 14). Sizes do vary here too but not anything like in Britain and are certainly smaller overall.

Honestly I need to stop listening - today’s was terrible. I dunno why I still listen every week 😂 was the guest Harry Styles’ sister?
I did wonder this? But I don’t think she is or surely they would have mentioned it? Just very a random girl talking about a very dull topic!
---
So I just googled her and turns out it is Harry Styles sister! Makes it even more random. makes sense though as I was wondering how somebody so boring got insta famous….

Reactions: 3
The ADHD episode was a slightly odd detour… also I’m not sure there was any advice that didn’t involve asking other people to do more work (e.g. send me a text to let me know you’ve sent me an email, follow up with me about stuff) which reeeeeeeked of privilege. If someone suggested that to me I’d be going back to them to say I think actually it’s a you job to figure out how to put systems in place that keep you on task and allow you to deliver the outputs expected from your role, let me know what it’s helpful to include in my initial (one, singular) email when I’m requesting your input to support with that as best I can.

Honestly I don’t get why she is so against weight loss. She hates it when people on about obesity all the time and making it a thing but she does exactly the same with wanting to lose weight or be smaller?!

Honestly I don’t get why she is so against weight loss. She hates it when people on about obesity all the time and making it a thing but she does exactly the same with wanting to lose weight or be smaller?!
Because she knows full well she is morbidly obese and it's affecting her health in a negative way , for example not being eligible for IVF etc . For some reason she doesn't want to tackle the subject of her weight / overeating, she is in denial and the mere mention of the health implications of being her size , losing weight set her off on a tangent.
She is so out of breath in all her stories where she's doing anything minor , she is extremely unhealthy and needs to lose weight for her heath

Reactions: 9
That poll really annoyed me. Like why look for the negatives of weight loss, pretty sure (speaking as someone obese myself) that the negatives of extra weight are probably worse? And that the positives of weight loss likely far outnumber the negative?

I’ve honestly never known someone so miserable and negative.

Reactions: 4
Because she knows full well she is morbidly obese and it's affecting her health in a negative way , for example not being eligible for IVF etc . For some reason she doesn't want to tackle the subject of her weight / overeating, she is in denial and the mere mention of the health implications of being her size , losing weight set her off on a tangent.
She is so out of breath in all her stories where she's doing anything minor , she is extremely unhealthy and needs to lose weight for her heath
I work in theatres. We had two patients for bariatric surgery with BMIs (outdated measurement possibly) of 74 (no joke) and 57. Not denying they can’t be great people with great jobs etc but there is nothing healthy about those weights. The anaesthetic is more difficult with a trickier airway, the amount of people it takes to move the patients, the position they need to be on the operating table (head down can put tremendous pressure on the lungs), recovery is more dangerous with higher risk of DVT and pneumonia, wound infections in skin folds etc etc. that’s just the basics.

Reactions: 2
Some poor person has written a heartfelt response in her question box about difficult times you’ve been praised for weight loss and asked for it to be anonymous, but she’s posted her name next to the response anyway like a complete dick. I’m pretty sure some people wouldn’t have answered so honestly if they knew she’d share everything indiscriminately, rather than picking out a few and anonymising them.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I work in theatres. We had two patients for bariatric surgery with BMIs (outdated measurement possibly) of 74 (no joke) and 57. Not denying they can’t be great people with great jobs etc but there is nothing healthy about those weights. The anaesthetic is more difficult with a trickier airway, the amount of people it takes to move the patients, the position they need to be on the operating table (head down can put tremendous pressure on the lungs), recovery is more dangerous with higher risk of DVT and pneumonia, wound infections in skin folds etc etc. that’s just the basics.
Lol when I first read that I thought you meant acting theatres. It clocked after I got to anaesthetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Some poor person has written a heartfelt response in her question box about difficult times you’ve been praised for weight loss and asked for it to be anonymous, but she’s posted her name next to the response anyway like a complete dick. I’m pretty sure some people wouldn’t have answered so honestly if they knew she’d share everything indiscriminately, rather than picking out a few and anonymising them.
Same, I thought that sharing names of people who've shared something so personal, was so out of order on her behalf. It's the type of thing she'd be the first to lose the head over. Her reason for being on social media is to blast weight loss and small sized clothing brands, and put the odd ad flogging stuff. She has put herself in too niche a corner ie: many people are comfortable to speak about weightloss or be truly body positive, which she is not. Its long been time for her to go back to a proper job and give up attempting to influence anyone.

Reactions: 9
Omg I’m shocked that she has shared the names of those people by sharing all the responses publicly 😬

Laura hates her body and wishes she was thinner, that’s so obvious to see, she resents the fact that she is a fat person. She’s so anti diet because she’s not willing to put the effort in to lose weight, and address her issues with food, so she tries to make those people who do want to lose weight for whatever reason feel bad about it. I get the feeling she doesn’t like it when she sees people loosing weight or trying to become healthier.
I don’t care what she says, she can’t be healthy, but if she’s getting out of breath simply talking!

Reactions: 10
Going by her recent stories, she's always having a dig at people who are able to loose weight. Clearly jealous for her own circumstances that she has to find fault in others.

She always says weight doesn’t equal health, which I agree with to a point, however she weighs 20 stone + (at a guess), you can hear how out of breathe she is on her stories when she’s literally just sat still. In this case weight does equal health. As someone else says, she’s in denial. I wonder if she even attempted to lose weight to get pregnant

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.