Late Diagnosis ADHD/ADD (Women) #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really learned to identity burnout since my diagnosis to the point I’ve done lots today before work so I can do very little tomorrow and put myself on charge.
Also inspired a friend who’s seeking a referral albeit with the NHS, she’s ok with the long wait and knows if it would help her to save some money to go private. We get along so well and a lot of it is similar personalities. I was inspired by a friend so it’s nice to carry that on

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Really learned to identity burnout since my diagnosis to the point I’ve done lots today before work so I can do very little tomorrow and put myself on charge.
Also inspired a friend who’s seeking a referral albeit with the NHS, she’s ok with the long wait and knows if it would help her to save some money to go private. We get along so well and a lot of it is similar personalities. I was inspired by a friend so it’s nice to carry that on
I now feel absolutely no shame in doing nothing. I love going back to bed after the school run and staying there until lunch time sometimes. It’s what I need at times so 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have my appointment for ADHD in June 😬 I’m on a long NHS waiting list for ASD, I’ve heard this is currently at 2 years 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi lovelies, not sure what my plan is being on this thread but potentially just looking for advice I guess?
I'm 25, and have always felt theres 'something' different about me and I worry about everything lol but today made me want to question it more after reading online - as you do x

In certain situations - for example, meetings - if I am not engaged in the situation by speaking to others I find myself getting really warm, and struggling to keep my eyes open, and I can almost feel my heart / body drop (sounds so stupid I know) and I wake myself back up again. This continues the entire meeting / situation - even if I am writing things / eating / drawing, and when I read online it was linked to ADHD.

Has anyone had anything similar at all? I am currently undergoing investigations as I suffer from short burst migraines which again have been mentioned to link to ADHD, but I want to hear from people who are officially diagnosed before I go to professionals x

Reactions: 1
Just been diagnosed with this from a doctor. I wasn't seeking a diagnosis for ADHD and it took him a good hour to convince me. I'm Autistic and ADHD which seems like a tit combo I'm scared to be fully medicated incase the autistic traits get stronger

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a full zone out at the table in a restaurant last night, went in before 7 and it just got louder and louder by the time we got the bill just after 8. The waiter had to ask me if I was alright. So embarrassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any career ideas? My daughter is wanting to come off her college course and feels a bit lost. Career ideas for an asd/adhd brain is hard (she doesn’t want to do my job and I don’t think she’d be quite ready for it). She needs something around people even though it’s exhausting so she needs it away from people too, she needs routine and structure but also change and a challenge. Oh the joys of a ND brain 😭
Edited to add, we live in a city but we’re rural

Reactions: 1