Last film you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The silence 1963 by ingmar bergman they really don't make em like that any more!!
It deals with what ingmar bergman deals with best i.e family alienation dysfunctional dynamics the power struggle/alienation between men and women.
The usual bergman subject matter then!!
The film does not have much dialogue (hence the title) but it does have absolutely stunning cinematography by sven nykvist and is very atmospheric.
I think its worth watching just to see how cutting edge it was for its time and also how influential ingmar bergman is.(he's been a huge inspiration for many modern directors i think).
The thing that i love most about this film though is the fact that you are free to make your own interpretation about it.
It leaves you space to make up your own mind and you are not spoon fed anything or hit with sensory overload like you are with many modern day films.
In my mind its a classic that still has power to unsettle and to get you to think and i love any film that has that effect.

Attachments

I watched two films on amazon prime last night. The first was ‘a boy called dad’,Then I watched parasite. I really enjoyed both of them.

"Walkabout" (1971) - Jenny Agutter

Fascinating film about 2 British children stranded in the Australian Outback, after their father tries to kill them before committing suicide.

Sumptuous scenery, very moving music and good acting performances, albeit from a fairly limited script

Reactions: 1
Today I've watched Carry on Girls and Shirley Valentine. I'm now watching Dirty Dancing - busy day for me 😂

I started watching Mary and the Witch’s Flower on Film 4 yesterday, but little one wanted something else on after a while-I was really enjoying it as well!

I loved "Inbetweeners" the tv show, but didn't think much of the first film.

Was Inbetweeners 2, any good?
I think films of TV shows generally are a disappointment as the material is spread too thin. I started watching the Alan Partidge movie yesterday and just gave up but I love the TV show

Reactions: 2
I think films of TV shows generally are a disappointment as the material is spread too thin. I started watching the Alan Partidge movie yesterday and just gave up but I love the TV show
Yeah, I watched Alpha Papa, and found it incredibly lame compared to the Alan Partridge TV sitcom

Reactions: 2
I loved "Inbetweeners" the tv show, but didn't think much of the first film.

Was Inbetweeners 2, any good?
No not really, it doesn't help that it's always on E4 too!

I prefered the first inbetweeners film but I didn't think that was great either.

"Edge of Tomorrow" (2014) Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt

"Groundhog Day" meets "Starship Troopers" - a fairly entertaining aliens-invade-Earth film, with Tom playing an officer who has never seen combat, finds himself on the frontline trying to defeat wave after wave of super intelligent killing machines!

He is killed within minutes, but then wakes up a day before the same battle is due to commence. He quickly realises he is stuck in some weird time-loop that will take some skill to escape from. While at the same time every time he fights the same battle he learns something new before he is "killed" over and over again.

A nice concept, brilliant action sequences and sfx. But the chemistry between Cruise and Blunt is a bit lacking; and the ending is disappointing.

Cast Away. First time I’ve seen it and I’m just glad I’m not going on a plane any time soon 😂

Saturday night I watched two films.

1) The Blob with Steve McQueen, however he was billed as Steven McQueen back then.

2) Baby Boom, late 1980's movie which I never saw back in the day, actually a good story, enjoyed every minute.

All the films I see are from Film 4, Sony Movies, Horror channel, all sources that are free.

Parasite...
Uhm. I thought it was meant to be amazing? I do not get the hype. Didn't think it was anything special. Absolutely shite. What a waste of time.

Last edited:
Last night I watched "A League of their own" yet another film I've never seen before, great movie.

The Karate Kid (1984).

Haven't seen it in well over a decade and I found it still held up really well, story wise. Cracking soundtrack as well.

• Heart
ITV4 are running Bond films again which is a good thing because I'm home and I missed a few on the last run.

Last night watched DR NO and half of To Russia with Love.

Tonight, the second half of To Russia with Love.