Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did you think of it?
I really disliked it, with the age difference between the characters, the male lead being pretty unlikable and the underwhelming soundtrack which could have been awesome but wasn’t. The fashion was also not as prominent as I would have liked, and I kept looking at my watch to see how long was left.
I liked it, it was my second time seeing it, I wasn't keen on the actor playing Gary I just found him to be really slimey and just ugh! I though Alana Haim on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, I loved the scenes with her family, but the age thing could have been left out of it completely if we didn't know the ages of the characters I feel the story would have been accepted more, I did feel in some places it was a bit ropey and a bit drawn out like the whole Bradley Cooper part.

Reactions: 1
I liked it, it was my second time seeing it, I wasn't keen on the actor playing Gary I just found him to be really slimey and just ugh! I though Alana Haim on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, I loved the scenes with her family, but the age thing could have been left out of it completely if we didn't know the ages of the characters I feel the story would have been accepted more, I did feel in some places it was a bit ropey and a bit drawn out like the whole Bradley Cooper part.
I liked Alana Haim too, I would have liked to see the film told from her character’s point of view and found out more about her family, as they seemed pretty interesting. The Bradley Cooper part was so drawn out, I agree. I think I was expecting it to be a more coming of age story and a love story between two high-schoolers or young adults, not a mixture of the two.

Reactions: 2
The Kings Man…oh DEAR! If you’re a fan of the first 1/2, just don’t bother!!

We watched Gold on Stan and then the new Mortal Kombat on Binge the other night...Gold was a bit hectic and I absolutely loved MK I grew up playing the game and loved the 90's movies.

Reactions: 1
On Friday, I saw Death on The Nile, which kept me guessing until the end ( I must have read the book and/or seen the episode of David Suchet’s Poirot, who is my favourite version to watch, but I remembered nothing of the plot or who the killer was), though it was a bit slow to actually get to the murder. There were some gorgeous costumes, and it was fun spotting all the actors! Russell Brand was almost unrecognisable ( his hair was short, he was wearing a smart suit and glasses and just looked clean and sober, in my defence!) I had to stay to watch the credits to confirm it really was him, and French and Saunders as a nurse and her patient made my heart really happy, I love those actors! The scene where one of the characters sees the body was so over-the-top, with the character crying in what I felt was really melodramatic and fake.
Later that day, I saw Nightmare Alley, which wasn’t as dark or disturbing as I had anticipated, though it was still true to Guillermo del Toro’s usual atmosphere. The plot was gripping, although most of the characters were dishonest/morally corrupt. I think Cate Blanchett must have a clause written in to her contracts that she needs to have a covetable wardrobe at all times, as everything I have seen her in recently ( live action Cinderella, Ocean’s 8…) made me want to reach into the screen and steal her wardrobe! I guessed the ending by about 2/3 into the film, but was hoping against hope that it wouldn’t play out that way. Bradley Cooper is very easy on the eye, and I loved Toni Collette and David Strathairn as a married couple. Rooney Mara was also very good, and she looks incredible in red!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.