Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Black Phone. I liked the 70’s era setting and thought it went off to a promising start, but it all seemed a bit pointless in the end.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen the Elvis film? Omg SO good - but made me so emotional at the end! Actually cried 😂 He was so exploited!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone else who loved the book very sad that the film version of "Where the Crawdads Sing" has been fairly universally panned?

Reactions: 3
Anyone else who loved the book very sad that the film version of "Where the Crawdads Sing" has been fairly universally panned?
I thought this might be the case. I had my reservations about the actress cast as she’s nothing like the description in the book. It’s one of my favourite books so it’s such a shame if the film is rubbish!

I thought this might be the case. I had my reservations about the actress cast as she’s nothing like the description in the book. It’s one of my favourite books so it’s such a shame if the film is rubbish!
One of the big criticisms I have read is that everything looks too pretty and that you don't get a feel for the complete and utter poverty and hardship that Kya lived through. Seemingly Daisy Edgar Jones is good as Kya and does great with the accent but is let down by the rest of the film

Thor: Love and Thunder. I hate to admit this, but I think I need a break from Christ Hemsworth after this film. 🤫

One of the big criticisms I have read is that everything looks too pretty and that you don't get a feel for the complete and utter poverty and hardship that Kya lived through. Seemingly Daisy Edgar Jones is good as Kya and does great with the accent but is let down by the rest of the film
Saw this at the weekend, it's actually pretty good. I think a lot of the people slating it weren't fans of the book or didn't read the book.

The film sticks pretty well to the book and the performances are all very good. David Straithairn as the lawyer is good and Daisy Edgar Jones as Kya is absolutely fantastic. Her accent is impeccable. I will say it does all look a bit idealised and pretty. Kya looks like she has stepped out of a magazine with perfect dresses and faux-shabby clothes. And the shack looks "cosy" rather than what it was in the book, which was a dilapidated shithole.

But if you liked the book, go see it, you will enjoy it.

Reactions: 4
Saw this at the weekend, it's actually pretty good. I think a lot of the people slating it weren't fans of the book or didn't read the book.

The film sticks pretty well to the book and the performances are all very good. David Straithairn as the lawyer is good and Daisy Edgar Jones as Kya is absolutely fantastic. Her accent is impeccable. I will say it does all look a bit idealised and pretty. Kya looks like she has stepped out of a magazine with perfect dresses and faux-shabby clothes. And the shack looks "cosy" rather than what it was in the book, which was a dilapidated shithole.

But if you liked the book, go see it, you will enjoy it.
I loved the book. Thanks for doing a review. x

I loved the book. Thanks for doing a review. x
No worries, am glad to help. It would be a shame for the book lovers to miss the film because of the generally poor reviews. It's not going to win Oscars but it's definitely still worth seeing

Reactions: 2
Roadrunner..it’s on Netflix about Anthony Bourdain, very interesting watch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.