Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another "my house is a tip" video! I would be mortified showing my house in this state. They are renting but they are definitely not being kind to the space, e.g. ruining carpets with paint. Who does that? Also, she admitted she never cleaned her doors or skirting boards, she even had some cobwebs. Filthy!
This ^^^ Her home was cluttered, untidy and filthy dirty 🤢

Reactions: 3
People in the comments are agreeing with us Tattlers. She will never buy a house this way because her expectations are high (she calls herself a FTB but she says in the comments she's not looking for a classic FTB's house/starter home) and her budget is low. Now, she cannot afford a property she could have bought two years ago. Market is moving forward and they are left behind...

Reactions: 4
Her wish list is not realistic and she is worried about the economy and interests rates which is the samething she said a year ago. I really don't see them as seriously interested in buying a house.

From the start you could tell her husband saw no point in viewing a house that is out of budget and already had a lot of viewings. Lara still seems to think she holds a golden ticket being first time buyers but it doesn't hold as much clout as she thinks it does.

Can't even be bothered to watch her latest video, its pure click bait. They don't have enough money to buy a "done" house so they will never buy. Her job is not secure, he's thick as sh!t and she won't settle for anything that's not instagramable so they just won't buy.

You're right it's click bait, they actually admitted in the video that it's more than they can afford. They slept on it and decided they didn't want to push themselves!
She's been very quiet this week and has been hinting it's been a massive week, so wouldn't be surprised if they have bought something?

I‘ve been a long time lurker but this is my first time posting. I started watching her channel about eighteen months ago and initially liked the content but started getting disillusioned after six months or so.

Two things which really annoy me are firstly the ‘house buying’ saga Early on they looked at a 1980’s house which would’ve been a lovely family home. it needed stuff doing but nothing that prevented you living in it, yet they dismissed it.
The second thing is some of her investment advice, and her attitude that comes across at times that only mugs do normal jobs.

I just wish she would be realistic in what she want, and realise the majority of people don’t get gifted holidays.

Reactions: 8
I‘ve been a long time lurker but this is my first time posting. I started watching her channel about eighteen months ago and initially liked the content but started getting disillusioned after six months or so.

Two things which really annoy me are firstly the ‘house buying’ saga Early on they looked at a 1980’s house which would’ve been a lovely family home. it needed stuff doing but nothing that prevented you living in it, yet they dismissed it.
The second thing is some of her investment advice, and her attitude that comes across at times that only mugs do normal jobs.

I just wish she would be realistic in what she want, and realise the majority of people don’t get gifted holidays.

Definitely. It's very clear she does youtube because she thinks a "proper" job is below her, not because it's a passion or she has skills to share.

This is precisely why I unsubscribed from her about 12 months ago. I'm not surprised she still hasn't bought a house, she wants a big 5 bed detached with lots of land and space to develop etc, but clearly cannot afford it! Being a first time buyer isn't a bargaining tool anymore, annoys me how she goes on like she is some expert in this field when she hasn't even started the process!

Totally agree on her gifted stuff too, you can't advertise a no buy year when you had a free holiday and expect people to relate!

Reactions: 5
This is precisely why I unsubscribed from her about 12 months ago. I'm not surprised she still hasn't bought a house, she wants a big 5 bed detached with lots of land and space to develop etc, but clearly cannot afford it! Being a first time buyer isn't a bargaining tool anymore, annoys me how she goes on like she is some expert in this field when she hasn't even started the process!

Totally agree on her gifted stuff too, you can't advertise a no buy year when you had a free holiday and expect people to relate!
The whole thing is just plain weird. She got so much press coverage about her "no buy year" and how she saved £25k. That suggests that they're earning alot to be able to save that much after expenses even if you bought NOTHING not even food, let alone feeding a family of 4, petrol, presents etc. That's why I started watching, I wanted to know what she actually did. But after watching all the videos, it seemed she just shopped at Aldi and homebargains. Maverick.

That 25k would have been a decent deposit 2 years ago. I assumed THAT was the story. The story should have been how they saved for a deposit, bought an affordable house and did it up/filled it nicely but cheaply etc. I just don't understand the thought process around what they're doing now except she just thinks she deserves free things, lots of followers and the nice big house of her dreams. She's not even explained why that's what she wants. She hasn't sat down and said she needs a good school and a big garden to grow things and get a pet and rooms for the boys and an office for her work and they want to rent a room out for extra income or anything like that. She repeatedly says why buying a house is bad and that house isn't for her or affordable but her alternative is to not buy a house, not once does she consider something smaller, relocating, fixing up etc that everyone else considers and would actually fit in with the frugal nature of her channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Definitely. It's very clear she does youtube because she thinks a "proper" job is below her, not because it's a passion or she has skills to share.
She is so bleeping stuck up!!
Thinks she is above everyone!
She will never buy a house as she is far too picky and snobby but as we all now know you can’t be snobby whilst living in winklebury! 😂😂😂😂

Her house always looks really grubby despite all the so called de-cluttering and tidying.
Anyone else notice that since someone mentioned on here that he cheated on her she has been extra lovelie dovey about Stu?
I have heard this too

Last edited:
She is so bleeping stuck up!!
Thinks she is above everyone!
She will never buy a house as she is far too picky and snobby but as we all now know you can’t be snobby whilst living in winklebury! 😂😂😂😂

I have heard this too

cannot be snobby living there 🤣🤣🤣 Anyone know if she is planning on buying in blasingsmoke?

Realistically nobody worries about the things she always mentions, for example interest rates increasing (you can fix your rate afterall if it's a real worry) & they haven't risen in years. I think she's desperate to buy but in this climate now can't afford to and is trying to justify renting to enable her to drag out this house buying 'series'.

Realistically nobody worries about the things she always mentions, for example interest rates increasing (you can fix your rate afterall if it's a real worry) & they haven't risen in years. I think she's desperate to buy but in this climate now can't afford to and is trying to justify renting to enable her to drag out this house buying 'series'.

Absolutely. I think part of it is saying things to sound smart. Like just saying "interest rates" and "housing market" make her qualified to give advice.

Buying a house is a bad idea if you can't afford it. If you can get the deposit together, in most places, it's worth buying ANYTHING that has 4 stable walls and a non-leaky roof because you have to pay to live somewhere, it may as be into an asset you can sell and move when you want to upgrade/can afford better. My mortgage is £400 less than the rent I paid for the best part of a decade, and the house is twice as big as anything you can rent in the area.

Sorry but who will take advice from someone who doesn't even own one house, and never has!?

Sorry but who will take advice from someone who doesn't even own one house, and never has!?
Absolutely! the frugal advice while saving for a deposit? Great! In the beginning it was sensible, you followed the journey. But there's a massive disconnect for an audience that's watching for tips on shopping in Aldi for 30 quid a week and people buying half mil houses.

She’s totally missing a huge potential demographic with this house buying nonsense.

There are SO many millennials living in the south east paying over £1000 in rent, earning significantly more than an average income, maintaining a comfortable level of living for a family and finding it impossible to save a deposit. Every single one of my peers that now own houses either had help from parents/inheritance for the deposit or held off having children and building a family. She could really get genuine engagement from this demo. Unfortunately paying £1500 rent per month isn’t sound enough evidence that you can afford a £600 per month mortgage 🤷🏻‍♀️ If she just accepted her situation, so many people would find her more relatable. She’s not about to buy a £500,000 house and she needs to stop pretending that she is!

This is the kind of stuff that is relatable and could build a real following for her....without the need for all the bullshit American “Mom/dollar store” tripe.

Reactions: 9