Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly & that's probably before the Banks stress test their affordability where interest rates increase to 5%. That could potentially add an additional £500 to their monthly repayments.

I think the problem they have is that neither income is particularly reliable, Lara is part time & I'm sure she has said her husband relies a lot of commisson. He's also been on furlough and was at risk of redundancy. He is pushing 40 now & surely isn't going to want to be paying a mortgage into his 70's so that is also going to increase their repayments each month.

The more she talks about house buying the further out of reach it is becoming for them.

Reactions: 3
Exactly & that's probably before the Banks stress test their affordability where interest rates increase to 5%. That could potentially add an additional £500 to their monthly repayments.

I think the problem they have is that neither income is particularly reliable, Lara is part time & I'm sure she has said her husband relies a lot of commisson. He's also been on furlough and was at risk of redundancy. He is pushing 40 now & surely isn't going to want to be paying a mortgage into his 70's so that is also going to increase their repayments each month.

The more she talks about house buying the further out of reach it is becoming for them.

He is 40. She did a video about some free watch she got that she was going to give him for his 40th.

Yeah, if he retires at 65, some mortgage companies get iffy about lending past retirement age since you might not have a reliable income.

My husband and I had quite a high mortgage rate initially and we were really stung be affordability checks. Even though were were paying a high rent, apparently that showed we had high outgoings and they charged us more!

I still can't understand why she wants to stretch herself so far when she's spent so much time banging on about how house prices are inflated and will crash soon.

If she genuinely believes that, why on earth would she want to take out such a massive mortgage for a first home?

Her advice is useless, contradictory and just comes across as insincere. It's almost like she wants to tell her viewers something so she has less competition 🙄

Reactions: 14
She cannot afford what she wants - the Insta perfect house - so she will be flogging a dead horse around for years. Someone needs to tell the expert she should buy a first time buyers house and build herself up to the perfect house she craves.

Reactions: 4
She cannot afford what she wants - the Insta perfect house - so she will be flogging a dead horse around for years. Someone needs to tell the expert she should buy a first time buyers house and build herself up to the perfect house she craves.
It's absolutely this. Her job is youtube videos, she's not getting a mortgage on a half mil house.

The market is crazy right now, but it's not a new trend. The market has been rough for first time buyers for the last 5 years at least. Her kids are in school, she needs to get a proper full-time job to make some money in and a job for the application and THEN take up youtube "full time". The idea that she needs the perfect 5 bed commuter belt house is just unrealistic but it doesn't look like she'll ever sit down and admit that and change accordingly.

Thanking people in advance for their engagement on the ADs she hasn't posted yet. Get those tiny little violins out as it's been so quiet workwise lately for her.

Wasn't she almost in tears because she was so proud of herself for getting a mortgage for half a million house approved so sorry Lara the begging act doesn't work on me.

It's absolutely this. Her job is youtube videos, she's not getting a mortgage on a half mil house.

The market is crazy right now, but it's not a new trend. The market has been rough for first time buyers for the last 5 years at least. Her kids are in school, she needs to get a proper full-time job to make some money in and a job for the application and THEN take up youtube "full time". The idea that she needs the perfect 5 bed commuter belt house is just unrealistic but it doesn't look like she'll ever sit down and admit that and change accordingly.
How have her other Insta Mates done it if she is struggling? Are their husbands better off that thicko meathead Stu?

Reactions: 2
Thanking people in advance for their engagement on the ADs she hasn't posted yet. Get those tiny little violins out as it's been so quiet workwise lately for her.

Wasn't she almost in tears because she was so proud of herself for getting a mortgage for half a million house approved so sorry Lara the begging act doesn't work on me.
She did post an ad yesterday, I assumed that is what she was referring to

Her house is a tip!
It never gets any better does it see same video over and over.

1) she has too much furniture and a mismatch furniture
That old family cabinet doesn't work on that room.
What wicker chair dining room needs go.
That wicker bar shelf looks naff and loads stuff shoved in draws underneath.

2) open shelves don't work well messy hoarders.
Those ikea shelves she spray painted gold just don't work especially 2 of them its too much in that space.
She be better off book case with doors
Not mixing ornaments on doors.
Once mine reach around school age they not allowed toys in the lounge..
That pathetic sized basket on floor with magazines and books looks messy.

3) I don't know why bits share a room or why office couldn't be a playroom.
If she got rid of bits furniture in dining room she could fit small desk in there.

4) decor too busy think painting lounge white no floral curtains wallpaper or badly painted pink top on tv table.

5) I dislike that big kallax in her hall
Why no pegs for coats and bags
Why not scrap bench and have closed shoe rack.

6) ditch the crystals they not brought you much luck.

They never seem get to route cause which is why they back where they began.

They have small house, too much stuff, wrong storage, they alll seem untidy and tolerant of clutter and mess.
I know minimalism means different things different people but shes not at all minimalist.
Shea a hoarder shes messy and her kids seem messy they dump stuff everywhere.

My house is far from Perfect I have 4kids including toddler and dog.
I struggle keep up laundry some days
Kids rooms and my room often a mess.
Landings my dumping ground.
But my hallway kitchen and lounge is always tidy at end of day.
I do a power hour after kids have tea.
I put toddlers and dogs toys away.
Remove any rubbish from lounge or dining room.
Sort out throws and cushions
Clear dining table any clutter and wipe down.
Wipe down and clear kitchen surfaces
Empty dishwasher put another load on.
Put loads in washing machine
Ensure coats on hooks
Recycling taken boxes in front garden
Water bottles and lunch boxes taken kitchen and placed by sink.
I ensure after each shop that all food items are put away and have basket pet food in dining room cupboard.

Mornings I unload dishwasher and put away
Start reloading dishwasher throughout day.
Put load washing on.
Make beds
Check kids rooms for plates or rubbish.
Bathroom quick wipe around sink and toiliet.
Check clean dry towels.

Summer end day I even check gardens tidy as kids leave cup and litter on patio furniture and toys on floor.

Just doing these minor things means my house never looks total tip.
I can relax in evenings

Is she going to buy
Did she say she had been approved for 500k mortgage as don't seen how that happens unless theat earning 100k between them the most we could borrow is 190k on 50k earnings with 20% deposit.

Reactions: 2
I think she hasn't been approved for £500k. They said they could only bump up their offer (which was originally £450k) by 10%, so only £4,500. So, they've struggled to even get £460k I think.

It never gets any better does it see same video over and over.

1) she has too much furniture and a mismatch furniture
That old family cabinet doesn't work on that room.
What wicker chair dining room needs go.
That wicker bar shelf looks naff and loads stuff shoved in draws underneath.

2) open shelves don't work well messy hoarders.
Those ikea shelves she spray painted gold just don't work especially 2 of them its too much in that space.
She be better off book case with doors
Not mixing ornaments on doors.
Once mine reach around school age they not allowed toys in the lounge..
That pathetic sized basket on floor with magazines and books looks messy.

3) I don't know why bits share a room or why office couldn't be a playroom.
If she got rid of bits furniture in dining room she could fit small desk in there.

4) decor too busy think painting lounge white no floral curtains wallpaper or badly painted pink top on tv table.

5) I dislike that big kallax in her hall
Why no pegs for coats and bags
Why not scrap bench and have closed shoe rack.

6) ditch the crystals they not brought you much luck.

They never seem get to route cause which is why they back where they began.

They have small house, too much stuff, wrong storage, they alll seem untidy and tolerant of clutter and mess.
I know minimalism means different things different people but shes not at all minimalist.
Shea a hoarder shes messy and her kids seem messy they dump stuff everywhere.

My house is far from Perfect I have 4kids including toddler and dog.
I struggle keep up laundry some days
Kids rooms and my room often a mess.
Landings my dumping ground.
But my hallway kitchen and lounge is always tidy at end of day.
I do a power hour after kids have tea.
I put toddlers and dogs toys away.
Remove any rubbish from lounge or dining room.
Sort out throws and cushions
Clear dining table any clutter and wipe down.
Wipe down and clear kitchen surfaces
Empty dishwasher put another load on.
Put loads in washing machine
Ensure coats on hooks
Recycling taken boxes in front garden
Water bottles and lunch boxes taken kitchen and placed by sink.
I ensure after each shop that all food items are put away and have basket pet food in dining room cupboard.

Mornings I unload dishwasher and put away
Start reloading dishwasher throughout day.
Put load washing on.
Make beds
Check kids rooms for plates or rubbish.
Bathroom quick wipe around sink and toiliet.
Check clean dry towels.

Summer end day I even check gardens tidy as kids leave cup and litter on patio furniture and toys on floor.

Just doing these minor things means my house never looks total tip.
I can relax in evenings

Is she going to buy
Did she say she had been approved for 500k mortgage as don't seen how that happens unless theat earning 100k between them the most we could borrow is 190k on 50k earnings with 20% deposit.
Number 6 - ditch the crystals they have not brought you much luck!!!!!!!!! PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣

Reactions: 6
Doesn’t matter how many decluttering videos she does her home still looks cluttered. Declutter vids are definitely not her thing.

Her house always looks really grubby despite all the so called de-cluttering and tidying.

Made me laugh that she was assuming that the buyers on the property needed to fund the purchase with a mortgage alone. Yes a lender will only lend the amount the property is worth if you aren't topping up that mortgage with cash. So much for being an expert! The problem she has is that they've probably scraped together a 10% deposit but is losing out to others with more cash behind them. It's a no brainer that thry
clearly can't afford what they want in the area they want.

Also, the DIP is not a certainty, the situation can be very,very different on full application yet she is talking as though it's in the bag. It is not straight forward for those self employed or on commission at the best of times. The idiot should know all this.

Reactions: 5
I thought that. For an expert she was very quick to say ‘well if they overpay they won’t be able to get a mortgage’ which shows she has no idea how it works. She’s gone very quiet about it all now, I’m sure she’ll start the cycle again with more clickbait ‘they paid how much?!?’ type videos when she runs out of cupboards to declutter and pension advice to give.

Actual have to laugh at her ditl frugal day...spends 27 quid on curtains then goes to bnm and the same thing is 7.99...really frugal.
again with the “messy minimalist” ur not a minimalist, a minimalist buys what they need vs wants theres a difference between being cheap and being a minimalist for example a minimalist wouldnt buy a sheer peice of fabric to hang for no reason, how is that adding any value to your life??

Reactions: 5
Another "my house is a tip" video! I would be mortified showing my house in this state. They are renting but they are definitely not being kind to the space, e.g. ruining carpets with paint. Who does that? Also, she admitted she never cleaned her doors or skirting boards, she even had some cobwebs. Filthy!