Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait... she sells herself as a bit of a financial / house buying expert. She's been viewing houses for months. Why has she gone to a house that already had about 40 viewings booked in one weekend, without even looking at what she can afford and getting a mortgage in principle. She's already starting on the back foot. Tere are so many cash buyers. 🤷‍♀️ Then she's frantically trying sort it all out over Easter weekend.

If you're claiming that the market is moving too fast, get your AIP first so you know what you can afford and the sellers know you're serious and have things in place. She seems to think being a first time buyer is enough to give the edge over anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She’s not an expert in finance or anything at all. She’s only started realising you need to budget a few years ago. It’s like she’s gone onto stocks and shares and the stock market and talking about it all like she’s been in that industry for years, not about 6 months

Reactions: 6
I noticed on fb group and comments from some of her followers thanking her for her encouragement they started past year and brought a house.
So she must read that I think gosh I got other to buy and shes still looking.
So in a way she must feel like lifes passing her by.
I think maybe her followers were more realistic and flexible they aiming high and looking for perfect home.
I get she wants to document the process and all the other influencers seem to own.
However I don't feel her house buying videos are that helpful and it's just plain weird act like a expert in something shes not experienced.
Are their any mortgage advisers who do you tube might be more beneficial.
Its been 3 years ago since we started house hunting so I'm out the loop on what house buying is like these days they seemed sell fast when we were looking.

Reactions: 1
She’s not an expert in finance or anything at all. She’s only started realising you need to budget a few years ago. It’s like she’s gone onto stocks and shares and the stock market and talking about it all like she’s been in that industry for years, not about 6 months
You're not wrong there.
She preaches like an expect when she's still learning now to do things right herself. Her advice it useless, sometimes a little dangerous.

She needs to figure out how to actually buy a house, then offer advice when she's done it. It's no wonder she keeps missing out when she's doing things arse about tit.

I totally understand that we all have to learn. But she really needs to stop dishing out poor advice. She's making a bit of a prat of herself. It was only a few weeks ago she was warning us all that house prices are inflated and the markets going to crash. Now she's stretching herself as far as she can for a half a million quid house 🤷‍♀️

They must have got it, the clip at the end of the video of her crying with happiness? And it was 2 weeks ago now.

I’ve only just looked for Lara’s thread on here so I might have missed the discussion, but does anyone else find her videos on the cost of buying a house and moving really pointless and not reliable at all? She has never brought a house before and this is their first time of trying to buy and haven’t even gotten to the agreement in principle stage yet, and you’re trying to tell other people how much it costs to move?
She needs to pick a lane. Is she new and learning to do this with her audience? If so, she should show things she's learning about, resources, share her trying and NOT give advice.

Or is she an expert? In which case, it wouldn't be that hard for her to get a few qualifications or actually buy a house. If they're looking at something that's £450k, they must have a hefty deposit, they could buy something half the prices, smaller, a starter home like most people have to do, then she could document upgrading.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else notice that since someone mentioned on here that he cheated on her she has been extra lovelie dovey about Stu?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
There is another house on Rightmove in the same village as the listed house she viewed once. It is a 4 bed on at the same price as this extended house.
This is the house they viewed and she put out the cliffhanger ending on. This house is much better suited to them. Still not convinced they will actually buy it though.

I can. It's a nice house in a sort after location. If you looked at the properties in the 450k price range it was by far the best. I think the owners probably put it on at the lower price knowing it would get a lot of interest and therefore people would up the price.

I can. It's a nice house in a sort after location. If you looked at the properties in the 450k price range it was by far the best. I think the owners probably put it on at the lower price knowing it would get a lot of interest and therefore people would up the price.
By the time Lara viewed the property, asking price was 500k, so it went from 450 to 550. That's a huge jump. The vendors must be getting a divorce and wanted a quick sale, so went with a lower asking and realised how much interest it had, so upped the price.

I cringed for her on the call to Craig, the estate agent. Trying to be pally telling him they have been looking for 2 years and really want the house. You could tell by his response he really could not care less.

I can't believe her expectations as a first time buyer. She is looking at a 4 bed house, in a nice, village location, off-street parking, log burner, nicely decorated, 2 reception rooms, 3 if you count the open plan dining area and she still hesitated because she didn't think the garden was big enough.

I am still not convinced that Lara or her husband are serious about house buying.

Reactions: 10
I cringed for her on the call to Craig, the estate agent. Trying to be pally telling him they have been looking for 2 years and really want the house. You could tell by his response he really could not care less.

I can't believe her expectations as a first time buyer. She is looking at a 4 bed house, in a nice, village location, off-street parking, log burner, nicely decorated, 2 reception rooms, 3 if you count the open plan dining area and she still hesitated because she didn't think the garden was big enough.

I am still not convinced that Lara or her husband are serious about house buying.
I thought that was hilarious. It's not xfactor! A sob story isn't going to make up for 25k! And his whole "Paying an extra 12 or 13% is ridiculous", well no it's not. My neighbour's place was on the market last year at 325 and went for 385. My mum sold hers a few months back and it was listed at 130 and went for 170. That's totally not unusual, that much on a 450k house is really not unusual.

"We're in the best position." No love, the best position is the person with the most money. yeah, they might appreciate no chain, but money will win every time.

Reactions: 13
"We're in the best position." No love, the best position is the person with the most money. yeah, they might appreciate no chain, but money will win every time.
Yes, they were putting so much emphasis on this, because it's their only card to play. They could barely scrape the 500k together to offer on the house.

Reactions: 2
Yes, they were putting so much emphasis on this, because it's their only card to play. They could barely scrape the 500k together to offer on the house.
Isn't it hilarious that we're saying "barely scraped 500k". most people would be so lucky to have that opportunity! If she was that desperate to get on the property ladder, that would give them a much better mortgage on a smaller place and make it much more likely to get it. It's so hard to watch someone complain they can't get a half million pound house when most people are dying to just buy anything.

Reactions: 5
For someone who’s pitching herself as an ‘expert’ I’m not sure she really knows the market as well as she thinks. I’m not local to her and knew that with that much interest the house would go for over asking price. I respect they know their limits and don’t want to stretch themselves but they should be realistic. I really don’t think being a first time buyer has quite as much sway as she thinks it does!

If she stopped manifesting log burners, open fields, office space...maybe they could have moved into their own place by now.

Reactions: 3
She also made it sound like they didn't want to stretch themselves, when in reality they can't afford it. They would not get approved for that mortgage, plain and simple. There isn't much stretching because 450k mortgage vs 500k mortgage is only £200 a month difference, but to get approved for 450k one you need to earn 100k a year, but for 500k one it's 111k a year. So does someone earning £6,200 a month really not able to afford £200 more? No. It's just that they wouldn't pass affordability checks at the bank.