Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
So today's content from the award winning Financial Influencer is affiliate linking a dress for her upcoming holiday, her free hair appointment and begging for people to vote for her for another award.

Whilst Martin Lewis has been in the press discussing the rising costs of food and energy bills.

READ.THE.ROOM.LARA.

• Angry
Reactions: 24

ach0902

Chatty Member
I'm not sure why she was saying she was worried about making the mortgage payments when she could just manifest them?

Don't worry about the cost of living hikes guys, just manifest some money to pay your bills!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I watched her latest video about how much money she has saved this month and i cant get my head around it!! So she says if she might have bought a coffee then that is saving £5. She was asked on a night out with friends, she said no and thats a saving of £65. So does this mean if I think of a luxury holiday somewhere hot but dont book anything then i have saved £5000!!! Am i just being thick??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

instasham13

Chatty Member
So many influncers are going on recently about how their engagement is lower and blaming it on Instgrams algorithm. Are they seriously so dim that they don't understand people just can't stomach their constant brags and freebies anymore? There's a cost of living crisis and these idiots rub their #kindlygifted lives in our faces thinking people give a sh*t. No one can be arsed with it. It's soul destroying when you work full time, making an honest living and can't take your kids on holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

VirtualSignal

VIP Member
Mission accomplished.
Lara has finally managed to bag herself a free mattress for her kid after a not so subtle beg when they moved in.
How about these people actually do what the rest of us have to and spend their own money for a bldy change! 🤯

• Angry
Reactions: 21

HappySundays

I’m so proud of myself. Today I saved money without even having to put it into a savings account!

The Emma Bridgewater catalogue arrived, I looked through it after work and fell in love with everything, then didn’t place an order - and now I’m hundreds of pounds richer :ROFLMAO:

(I can’t wrap my head around the Lara logic in her vid at all!)

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Emmum

Chatty Member
Latest video. I’ll take my financial advice from a suitably qualified person thx. Not someone who has clearly overstretched themselves financially, to buy the perfect ‘insta’ house (they weirdly won’t show off considering that’s all they’ve banged on about for years!) and are always on the beg!
In Australia they have made it illegal for influencers with no qualifications to provide any form of financial advice, they can face a huge fine. Why anyone would take financial advice on how to invest from this woman I do not know when she isn't even sure where her next mortgage payment is coming from.

andreaoid

She even mentioned in her YT video her en-suit shower is flooding because of the way it is constructed (tipping slightly downhill). The house is all show and no substance. You can tell Lara is vain af and only cares about aesthetics and how others see her house. She also said she is excited to host and let her kids have friends around. It's all about showing off. So strange (and unflattering!) for almost a 40yo woman.

Forgot to mention the weird moment when she was gushing over her window, saying how she always wanted shutters and now she has them - whilst pointing at venetian blinds! LOL! In her eyes shutters are expensive hence she wants them. But then she cannot tell the difference when pointing at venetian blinds that are so much cheaper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

GPort

VIP Member
The age old saying is “buy the worst house on the best street”. The value is always in the location. You can slowly and gradually upgrade a house with a new kitchen, bathroom extension etc as and when you can afford to and the added value almost always outweighs the cost of construction.

She bought the most Instagrammable house on the cheapest street. Someone else has already added the maximum value.

Rookie mistake. Not something that any property or financial expert would make!

Reactions: 19

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
Oh my days another sun article they seem to love her.
Fails to say she's not brought a house
She dirent save 25k in 1 year
That she gifted a holiday and other things so she personally didn't have to buy.

Fuck me. Her tips are:
- "Ditch the holidays". But she hasn't. Not only is she not ditching the holidays, she's getting free ones?!
- "Shop your wardrobe". Hers is overflowing. This is great in principle, but it seems like she is always buying new clothes and she constantly shows decluttering videos where we can she has more clothes than my entire family has put together.
- "ditch the daily coffees". Sounds like the boomer "you don't have any savings because you buy too many lattes". Who IS still buying those £5 coffees every day of the year? She reckons you can save £1,186.25 on coffee alone and I find that absurd.
- Paid surveys My family do this religiously. They have not made £600 a year between them, no way.
- Cashback. I find it hard to believe anyone is getting 3k back. I use mine for everything, the biggest rewards are switching bills and insurance. i do mine every year but I've made £1000 in 3-4 years ish. This suggests you're already spending A LOT of money to get the cashback.

Then there's 6k in "dinner plans". She forgot to factor in babysitting and stuff when she says "dinner is £50 a week if you eat out". A meal is easily £30, if not more, so the true figure for most parent couples would be a lot more per week, or they'd do it much less frequently.

And 6k on holidays. Apparently that's for 4 people and 2 holidays per year. Like, maybe do some actual work and suggest cheaper holidays? And maybe 1 a year? Or every other? I find it insulting that she's suggesting to people who follow her to actually save money because they need to go on less holidays when they're probably not able to afford a holiday, let alone 2, in the first place.

That whole piece is misleading, patronising, and lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Silentreader1479

I still can’t get over the fact they paid £800 to get someone else to box their junk up for them because they didn’t want to do it themselves. If you can just throw away £800 to be lazy then you can’t really complain about your finances being tight

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Swipeuptobuy

VIP Member
If she can afford a house over £500k she bloody shouldn’t be in social housing ….which she shouldn’t as it’s sub let ……

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Idntknow

This is what really annoys me about influencers, they get gifted clothes, make up, skin care, house stuff, hair appointments, kids clothes, days out and they are eating for free to.
Then they act like they are budgeting to save money its almost a form of gaslighting!

• Heart
  • Angry

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Her last sofa was gifted too. So easy to be fruggle and budget for luxury holidays when you never put your hands in your pocket for big purchases.

• Angry
Her latest video. She is the epitome of patronising and condescending. Banging on about how she’s ‘worked so hard to do this for kids and Stu’ blah blah all whilst plugging the Curve card (for a change) that she needs her gullible punters to sign up for so she can get her ad money etc.
If you need LJJ to tell you how to budget for a holiday or any other financial advice for that matter you need to give your head a wobble!
And she has the nerve to suggest cutting back on spending on other things to pay for a 5k holiday (in the current climate!) when all she does is buy toot on vinted/ home bargains/ B and M and charity shops. She’s a walking, talking contradiction! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
In that case Lara has saved herself £500000 + by not buying a house even though she has been looking for three years. Money saving expert my arse!

• Haha
  • Heart
She has lost all credibility in regards to being a frugal minimalist, but the poor dear needed the break from her 16 hour working days wandering round Home Bargains.

• Haha

Bumble2019

VIP Member
If you're begging for new towels and a mattress for your sons bed because he doesn't have one then you are NOT FIT TO GIVE OUT FINANCIAL ADVICE.

Hey Lara why don't you get a little job in Homesense seeing as you LOVE IT SO MUCH? IT may help to pay for some towels.

• Haha
  • Heart