Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hope you don’t mind me jumping on the thread, I think I’ve found the house and it’s different to the house mentioned above. If you search in her home town you’ll find a 4 bed semi for £450k with a funny loft conversion which matches her description - converted garage room, big master bedroom, fake grass etc
Nice catch, that house is huge. Wow, her appetite is just crazy keeping in mind that there were nice houses for their budget, but smaller. She said nothing that ticked their boxes was available in that budget - tells you that you want too much for your money. I guess we'll see very soon if that's the house. It does look nice in photos with kitchen and bathrooms nicely done up.

The "derelict" garages are also not in the way of the view from the house and are not actually derelict, they are attached to her neighbours' back gardens. They look as derelict as the garage door that acts as a wall for the dinning room of the house she is interested in buying. The house looks like had been extended heavily. The other side of the semi looks tiny in comparison.

Last edited:
Nice catch, that house is huge. Wow, her appetite is just crazy keeping in mind that there were nice houses for their budget, but smaller. She said nothing that ticked their boxes was available in that budget - tell you that you want too much for your money. I guess we'll see very soon if that's the house. It does look nice in photos with kitchen and bathrooms nicely done up.
Agree it looks so Lovely!! What the hell would she find wrong with that!?! It has loads of space!!!

The area will be Lara's issue. She is moving closer into town rather than to the pretty villages on the outskirts.

That is a big house, very little they would have to do to it but I still can't see her moving.

Reactions: 1
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hope you don’t mind me jumping on the thread, I think I’ve found the house and it’s different to the house mentioned above. If you search in her home town you’ll find a 4 bed semi for £450k with a funny loft conversion which matches her description - converted garage room, big master bedroom, fake grass etc
That's 100% it.

Don’t really understand how they can afford that!! First house 450,000 crazy!! Especially as she doesn’t really work!! 😂😂

We have two really jobs!! But I wouldn’t want a mortgage that big!!

he must be over 40!??

The area will be Lara's issue. She is moving closer into town rather than to the pretty villages on the outskirts.

That is a big house, very little they would have to do to it but I still can't see her moving.
The area doesn't look that nice from google street view, definitely not the middle class dream that Lara so aspires to.

It looks like you can get a nice family home in her town for £400k, so she wouldn’t need to go as high as £450k. I don’t know if it’s first time buyer nerves and she’s over thinking or she’s a time waster, but she needs to just bite the bullet and buy a house before the market runs away from her. I understand job insecurity would put a pause on things but if they are in a position to buy then they need to crack on.

That house has been on the market since Jan and has just been marked as sold, so it could have been her who bought it.

I think the house is nice inside and there is about ten times the space in it compared to hers. I think they'd be silly not to go for it if they have the money. It gets them on the ladder, gets them loads more space and they don't have to stay in it forever! Anyone know how close it is to the boys' school? Guessing she wouldn't want to move them - no idea how big Basingstoke is!

It would only be a 5/10 min drive away from the boys primary school. The school the boys go to (I can work it out by the distinctive green uniform) has a good reputation so I can't see her moving them if she actually buys this house. I again can't see her doing it. There is another house on Rightmove in the same village as the listed house she viewed once. It is a 4 bed on at the same price as this extended house.

I'm very confused by these latest house buying videos. She's angry and almost crying about the housing market moving fast, prices going up, and being left behind, but a few weeks ago she was saying that bubble is going to burst and people are going to lose loads of money?

Reactions: 8
I didn't even follow the last house buying video. Couldn't understand which houses she was talking about. She was talking about them as if she'd clearly described three different houses in the running to us, but she hadn't.
I get it's stressful and frustrating to feel left behind but I think they just need to get on the ladder and stop thinking of it as their forever home with this stunning view etc.

They are all over the place with the houses they view. Putting down a deposit on a new build, then looking at 20 year old houses that need a bit of work, cottages that need major work and then the already extended house in town.

She needs to work out do they really want to buy a house? If they are in social housing I presume the rent is fairly low and they don't have the same risk of the landlord deciding to sell or up the rent massively. Maybe worth staying where they are and not buying a place at all.

Yet another one who thinks that all they need to do is in visage what she wants and put it out to the universe. I am sure the buyers of the cottage with 200k profit didn't sit around quoting all that hippy dippy rubbish. They did their sums, worked out if it was a good investment and then put in an offer and got on with the work rather than spending the time editing a video of yet another pointless house viewing.

Reactions: 5
They are all over the place with the houses they view. Putting down a deposit on a new build, then looking at 20 year old houses that need a bit of work, cottages that need major work and then the already extended house in town.

She needs to work out do they really want to buy a house? If they are in social housing I presume the rent is fairly low and they don't have the same risk of the landlord deciding to sell or up the rent massively. Maybe worth staying where they are and not buying a place at all.

Yet another one who thinks that all they need to do is in visage what she wants and put it out to the universe. I am sure the buyers of the cottage with 200k profit didn't sit around quoting all that hippy dippy rubbish. They did their sums, worked out if it was a good investment and then put in an offer and got on with the work rather than spending the time editing a video of yet another pointless house viewing.
That's exactly it. She also said that all they did was put a new kitchen in. It looks like they did a hell of a lot more than that.

If she's such a smart arse and so savy with finances and property, she would have seen that as a good opportunity and bought it last year. Rather than still prating around making videos about houses she will never buy and preaching.

I wouldn't take advice form her in a million years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
That's exactly it. She also said that all they did was put a new kitchen in. It looks like they did a hell of a lot more than that.

If she's such a smart arse and so savy with finances and property, she would have seen that as a good opportunity and bought it last year. Rather than still prating around making videos about houses she will never buy and preaching.
Absolutely this. It's not totally unreasonable that you can make 200k on a house if it's run down and you totally do it up and sell it in a market peak. It's fine to be a bit disappointed but it shows so little understanding of how the property market works.

I also can't be doing with this visualisation malarky. I'm sure having a real job would give her a bigger chance of getting a mortgage than "putting it out in the universe".

Reactions: 3
Does anyone from the Basingstoke area know where the latest house is? Any tips how to find it online?

Does anyone from the Basingstoke area know where the latest house is? Any tips how to find it online?
Look within 5 mile radius, semi detached 500k, added 11 days before they viewed it.

It's a lovely house, I like it. Based on the story, the vendors must be getting a divorce to need to sell quickly and go into rented or live with family. It's a bit out of their budget based on other properties they have viewed, wonder if they got it. There must have been bidding war for that house.

Look within 5 mile radius, semi detached 500k, added 11 days before they viewed it.

It's a lovely house, I like it. Based on the story, the vendors must be getting a divorce to need to sell quickly and go into rented or live with family. It's a bit out of their budget based on other properties they have viewed, wonder if they got it. There must have been bidding war for that house.
The house says Sold STC so someone's buying it, wonder if it's her. It's a nice house and a nice village from what I remember.

I’ve only just looked for Lara’s thread on here so I might have missed the discussion, but does anyone else find her videos on the cost of buying a house and moving really pointless and not reliable at all? She has never brought a house before and this is their first time of trying to buy and haven’t even gotten to the agreement in principle stage yet, and you’re trying to tell other people how much it costs to move?

Reactions: 6
Found it! Thank you! The price went up from £450k to £500k in two weeks. I guess they had a lot of interest so vendors went up in price. She won't get it, it's too much out of their price point. But it is a very well presented house, indeed.

Reactions: 2