Lalalaletmeexplain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the begging is really putting me off and not in the slightest making me want to buy her book. Gone fo the days of her free blogs that were actually quite funny and how I got into following her and I quite like her polls but her removing that content while she pushes the book sales is not helping book sales imo. She should resume as normal and people may want to know more and buy the book but it’s a no from me.

eta The polls are technically not even her content as it’s submitted polls and I often find her responses irritatingso really the only thing I think I liked about her were her blogs which now you have to pay for and they aren’t good enough to make me part ways with my 💰

Reactions: 11
I miss the polls and normal content.. this is coming from someone that bought her book. Apparently she can’t reply to people anymore as it’s stopping her to lives 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's saying this week she doesn't make a penny from the book until its sold 30k copies, which comes across like she's some poor, unfairly treated author. But last year before the books release she says was given an advance payment. So she's already been paid, she just wants people to feel sorry for her poorly selling book an make her more money.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She's saying this week she doesn't make a penny from the book until its sold 30k copies, which comes across like she's some poor, unfairly treated author. But last year before the books release she says was given an advance payment. So she's already been paid, she just wants people to feel sorry for her poorly selling book an make her more money.
So let’s say it’s 9.97 on Amazon right now, and she needs to sell 30k copies as that’s what they gave her as an advance. I mean that’s just under 300k revenue so she must have had a pretty hefty advance. Plus the 150k she was bragging about having for a house deposit a few years back….
No one owes you a living Layla, no one asked you to make this your full time job.

Reactions: 20
I think the biggest level of ick I got was seeing people in her comments begfriending her with long speeches of how she " changed their life" and declarations of love, to her meagre response of " thanks hun " 😬

It's just embarrassing, it reminds me of those one sided texts that the Slumflower posted to show her " endearing friendship" with Munroe.

Like she's not your friend, she's just out there making coin off you

I shudder in general at people worshipping bloggers/influencers. It is bewilderingly deafening that her fans are oblivious that she's capitalising on their declarations of love/ low self esteem for a book sale.

But then again that's like 99% of Instagram I guess.

Reactions: 15
I’m so glad I unfollowed her long ago. The crying ‘poor’ when in fact she’s making a decent amount of money - enough that’s she’s been able to give up her day job. Basically trying to emotionally guilt people into buying her book by saying she only makes less than £1 🤮

She also has over 800 Patreons. Even If all them were on the lowest tier she’d be getting just under £2k a month. So moaning about not making much is highly annoying

I’m all for people making money but guilt tripping people into buying your merch is bottom tier behaviour

• Wow
Reactions: 17
There must be something more to her not wanting to show her face than just wanting to protect her son and the fact she may not look like how she implied.

I mean protect her son from what, Jesus Christ there aren’t going to be paparazzi taking her photos she is an average blogger/ ‘author’ not Victoria beckham 😂

She is definitely limiting herself with staying anonymous but perhaps she doesn’t want much else than to run and online platform, wrote books and interview people for her podcast.

At least she seems to have toned down the begging for money on patron. Or I might just not have been paying attention
I would hazard a guess that it's because she was a social worker and wouldn't want parents or children she worked with seeing her talk about her sexual experiences etc.

Reactions: 3
I would hazard a guess that it's because she was a social worker and wouldn't want parents or children she worked with seeing her talk about her sexual experiences etc.
She’s staying anonymous because I guarantee she’s lied/exaggerated most of her blogs and she’ll get called out for it

Reactions: 16
She’s staying anonymous because I guarantee she’s lied/exaggerated most of her blogs and she’ll get called out for it
You’re on the money. I know for a fact alot of her stories are wildly exaggerated as is her job… People can only keep up the lies for so long before the audience get fed up.
Like the thing about not being paid for her book, but a while back she said got paid for it.
People are not stupid and it’s this behaviour that upsets them 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I usually like her but find it completely hypocritical that she posted an unchecked, unverified story about how African people are being treated poorly in Ukraine then moans that people are asking her to address the war that she apparently knows nothing about.
Don’t print unverified stories about the bleeping war in the first place then people wouldn’t ask you!

Reactions: 14
I only recently discovered her page and ordered the book. But my God is she rude to her followers! Such an attitude on her. Quickest unfollow- within 2 days saw what she was really like! Reminds me a lot of fullerfigurefullerbust- doesn't listen to anyone else's point of view, full of her own self importance 🙄 Alongside giving dangerous advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t get how her followers even bother trying to engage with her tbh. She’s very rude and entitled, gives rubbish replies. She doesn’t respond unless your paying her via patreon/book sales/patreon parties etc
Her stories are definitely exaggerated

i feel like a lot of her followers are codependent and are looking for someone to validate them. I feel like they know better but are not willing to acknowledge that yet

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t get how her followers even bother trying to engage with her tbh. She’s very rude and entitled, gives rubbish replies. She doesn’t respond unless your paying her via patreon/book sales/patreon parties etc
Her stories are definitely exaggerated

i feel like a lot of her followers are codependent and are looking for someone to validate them. I feel like they know better but are not willing to acknowledge that yet
100% on the codependent thing !

Reactions: 4
100% on the codependent thing !
They definitely are aren’t they. I think that a lot of them KNOW what they need to do about the situations they’re in but are not willing to let those situations go yet due to fear maybe

Anyway. I wouldn’t take any advice from lala seriously. A lot of her followers could maybe benefit from therapy from a qualified professional not dating advice from an ‘influencer’ on Instagram

they will realise themselves in their own time

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.