Lalalaletmeexplain #2 LalalaletmePatronise

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Layla was used for her to sound more black during the blog days.
Wish more of her followers knew about the blog days. I just found some of the old blogs on the wayback machine and in this one, she's suggesting a 33 year old man who was just in prison for 9 years for selling cocaine would be better suited to a 20 year old 'young woman' than with her. On what planet would that be okay?!

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 20.45.58.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I haven’t listened to her podcast but the clip she shared on Instagram of her Katie Price episode - she doesn’t even correct Katie when she gets the meaning of ick wrong! Katie says her icks are dirty teeth or long nails. That’s not an ick, that’s just disgusting. Laura likes to think she invented the ick and likes to police people on the correct meaning but sat there and didn’t say anything. She’s a yes man and a total suck up.

Reactions: 8
Ooo interesting she has a thread here! I’ve been following her for a while and liked her at first but I find so much of her output just so… depressing? I don’t know if it’s just the questions she chooses for her columns, but it feels like her readers aren’t actually learning or gaining from her because week in, week out she’s responding to the same issues ie. lack of self esteem, boundary setting, recognising coercive/controlling/abusive behaviour etc.

I understand that, to a certain extent, this is the function of ‘agony aunts’ and it’s unrealistic of me to expect lala to actually be able to resolve any of these personal and systemic issues herself. But it just feels like another fandom that serves to validate, rather than challenge, itself.

Also she’s touched on a lot of sexual assault topics recently and I don’t think she or anybody working with her realise how overwhelming it could potentially be for somebody who has written in about something that happened to them, something they knew was wrong but had not at that point identified as rape, to then read hundreds of comments all saying ‘sorry hun u were deffo raped xoxo’. Just dont use those questions; you think you know what you’re doing but you don’t.

Also having Katie Price on is a HUGE ick for me. It’s not un-feminist to hold women to account, if anything you deny Katie her agency when you refuse to acknowledge how much of a bleep she is and the wide spread harm she’s caused, especially to her own children.

If lala is willing to dish it out then she’s gonna have to learn how to take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Omg. Her latest post. Using CSA for “content”, utterly deplorable. Influencers get banned from IG all the time for way less and this is legit harmful, though I’m not sure what it can really be reported under. She seriously needs to get a grip and just stop - her platform isn’t serving anybody beyond her and her bank balance.

Reactions: 7
Are you the patreon 😂
I was not going to say anything but yes I am the patreon, she seems to think I’m someone I’m not though as she had a very feisty rant about “the patreon” having been on holidays with other patrons and that’s not me ahaha. I’m still on her close friends and she’s still going on about her trust not being 100% now and then. She opened herself up to this life, she needs to take as well as she gives, not everyone will agree with her all of the time. Shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg. Her latest post. Using CSA for “content”, utterly deplorable. Influencers get banned from IG all the time for way less and this is legit harmful, though I’m not sure what it can really be reported under. She seriously needs to get a grip and just stop - her platform isn’t serving anybody beyond her and her bank balance.
as for this, I agree. It’s horrific. She’s following a storyline on hollyoaks and begging for credit in highlighting something traumatic and often unheard of. she’s such a clever little tit really, she stays updated with current conversations or awareness via other avenues and tries to jump on to reap the rewards

Reactions: 3
I was not going to say anything but yes I am the patreon, she seems to think I’m someone I’m not though as she had a very feisty rant about “the patreon” having been on holidays with other patrons and that’s not me ahaha. I’m still on her close friends and she’s still going on about her trust not being 100% now and then. She opened herself up to this life, she needs to take as well as she gives, not everyone will agree with her all of the time. Shame.
ooh anything else about her? Appreciate your honesty 👏

Reactions: 2
ooh anything else about her? Appreciate your honesty 👏
I don’t know her that well, had a convo here and there and met at events but I wouldn’t say I have inside tea just what I see on close friends She’s 100% a narcissist that uses her followers/patreons as little flying monkeys. I haven’t paid for a whilst but I’ve still not been removed even after the big clear out she claims cleared all the stragglers out 😂 she gives off super grandiose vibes both on close friends and at events and she’s always got a new story about a woman she’s saved on the streets, she gives me the ick. She went off on a tangent about a woman she ‘saved’ in the gym who had been R’d by another gym member and gave the whole “do you know who I am” and then a couple days later the couple came in and trained together another one was a teenage girl being shouted at by her boyfriend, she dramatically pulled her car over in the middle of London and saved her with the “do you know who I am” and pretty much every week it’s another saviour story she’s conducted in her head or man that fancies her from seeing her in a car park with her kid and has come over and confessed his undying love, she lives in an absolute fantasy world and it’s constant. She very much thrives off the broken woman, she almost sees them as a big fat money sign and will offer support and advice they must listen to and sign up to patreon or she suddently starts Calling them names and shaming them for not doing the right thing and this has happened to two of my friends from her. Ill probably be removed from close friends asnsoon as she sees this and goes through it again to remove non-payers but we will see ahaha

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I do wonder how long she can keep it up really. I feel sorry for the women that send her problems but the answer to every single one, without fail is 'run for the hills'.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know her that well, had a convo here and there and met at events but I wouldn’t say I have inside tea just what I see on close friends She’s 100% a narcissist that uses her followers/patreons as little flying monkeys. I haven’t paid for a whilst but I’ve still not been removed even after the big clear out she claims cleared all the stragglers out 😂 she gives off super grandiose vibes both on close friends and at events and she’s always got a new story about a woman she’s saved on the streets, she gives me the ick. She went off on a tangent about a woman she ‘saved’ in the gym who had been R’d by another gym member and gave the whole “do you know who I am” and then a couple days later the couple came in and trained together another one was a teenage girl being shouted at by her boyfriend, she dramatically pulled her car over in the middle of London and saved her with the “do you know who I am” and pretty much every week it’s another saviour story she’s conducted in her head or man that fancies her from seeing her in a car park with her kid and has come over and confessed his undying love, she lives in an absolute fantasy world and it’s constant. She very much thrives off the broken woman, she almost sees them as a big fat money sign and will offer support and advice they must listen to and sign up to patreon or she suddently starts Calling them names and shaming them for not doing the right thing and this has happened to two of my friends from her. Ill probably be removed from close friends asnsoon as she sees this and goes through it again to remove non-payers but we will see ahaha
She sounds a bit like PTWM

Reactions: 4
Using other women’s SA experience for clout (and £££), or making them up entirely. She sounds delightful.

Reactions: 5
I do wonder how long she can keep it up really. I feel sorry for the women that send her problems but the answer to every single one, without fail is 'run for the hills'.
Or read my book sign up to my patreon read my article for whatever magazine it is she has shoved up her ass 😂 hopefully it all comes crushing down soon as she’s capitalised off women far too long. Not very feminist of her.

Reactions: 4
Her advert for her podcast sounds horrific
It’s in all my podcasts so she must be pushing the paid ads HARD

Reactions: 3