Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrsstevens

This woman is a fucking dick.

She’s been waxing lyrical all day about Russel Brand being a rapist and anyone who dare saying anything she doesn’t agree with, she calls a degenerate.

I very politely messaged to say that asking questions and not taking something at face value makes you a critical thinker. The opposite of what she’s doing. I got blocked, for that! What the fuck!

Not getting into a debate about whether he’s guilty or not, that’s for a court to decide but anyone bringing nuance about any topic and she don’t like it.
I mean...kind of agree with her that if you immediately defend somebody that's been accused of raping a 16 year old then you probably are some sort of degenerate tbh 😬

Reactions: 21

petitspois

VIP Member
I do agree with her to an extent on this though. It was a very well research programme that would have been passed by C4 legal team. Her point about people choosing not to believe women despite evidence to the contrary is correct. Men who are abusers often claim the world is against them an it's all a conspiracy. I saw it as her just exclaiming how shocking it was that he still had people defending his behaviour - especially women.

Reactions: 18

kien

She can afford luxury things like the Botox and skin, nail and hair treatments she’s always posting about so it’s a bit hard to believe she can’t afford any kind of holiday for her kid.

Reactions: 13

chizontiz

Chatty Member
Ooo interesting she has a thread here! I’ve been following her for a while and liked her at first but I find so much of her output just so… depressing? I don’t know if it’s just the questions she chooses for her columns, but it feels like her readers aren’t actually learning or gaining from her because week in, week out she’s responding to the same issues ie. lack of self esteem, boundary setting, recognising coercive/controlling/abusive behaviour etc.

I understand that, to a certain extent, this is the function of ‘agony aunts’ and it’s unrealistic of me to expect lala to actually be able to resolve any of these personal and systemic issues herself. But it just feels like another fandom that serves to validate, rather than challenge, itself.

Also she’s touched on a lot of sexual assault topics recently and I don’t think she or anybody working with her realise how overwhelming it could potentially be for somebody who has written in about something that happened to them, something they knew was wrong but had not at that point identified as rape, to then read hundreds of comments all saying ‘sorry hun u were deffo raped xoxo’. Just dont use those questions; you think you know what you’re doing but you don’t.

Also having Katie Price on is a HUGE ick for me. It’s not un-feminist to hold women to account, if anything you deny Katie her agency when you refuse to acknowledge how much of a cunt she is and the wide spread harm she’s caused, especially to her own children.

If lala is willing to dish it out then she’s gonna have to learn how to take it.

• Heart

VelvetGoose

How does she give so much dating advice but she hasn’t had a partner the whole time she’s been an influencer? Make it make sense. Giving advice on something she’s shit at :ROFLMAO:

Someone needs to give the full story on the patreon who was posting on here!
---
The reason she can't show her face because I and every other early reader of her blog know that she cosplayed as a beautiful black/mixed woman on there. And the reality is even in her 20s she was a chunky, mousy white woman with a fringe.
I was shooketh when I first saw her real pic!!!!

Heynoe

Didn't realise there was a new thread.
Just listened to her new podcast for the first time. She is insufferable! She believes she knows anything and everything about men but she's still SINGLE.

The reason she can't show her face because I and every other early reader of her blog know that she cosplayed as a beautiful black/mixed woman on there. And the reality is even in her 20s she was a chunky, mousy white woman with a fringe.

• Haha

Mythoughts

Chatty Member
I used to really like her but I've found her get a bit moany recently, tonight's post about her podcast...how she has to write a 5k word script on top of everything else she has to do, surely she's made this choice to do this "job" and all she does at the mo is whinge about it

Reactions: 11
I'm going off her, but I've still followed as I do think she shares some interesting and important stuff....

But seeing that she's having Katie Price on her podcast is just so disappointing.

kien

I agree with everything she’s saying about Shxtsngigs lately - they are too close to the wire sometimes. 80% of their content is hilarious and 20% is horrifying.

However.

Her trying to make a point about how unfair it is that Shxtsngigs get away with some very questionable content when everyone jumped on female creators such as Florence Given is so hypocritical my jaw dropped.

SHE jumped on Florence from a great height when Florence didn’t promote her appearance on lala’s podcast. She absolutely revelled in Florence’s takedown by Slumflower a couple of months later. I even remember her making personal comments about Florence saying we shouldn’t listen to “an arrogant 21 year old with shit Rod Stewart hair”.

Then it transpired that Slumflower was trying to extort money from Florence all along and lala changed her tune.

She was absolutely a part of the pile on that she’s now saying wasn’t fair to Florence.

Tindertranslators was too.

• Wow

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Is she having a dig at Emily Clarkson when she posts about being “qualified” to give advice as an agony aunt?
Lala isn’t ‘qualified’ to give political advice but she still insists on doing so. If everyone else has to stay in their lanes then so should she.

HmmmReally

VIP Member
Was her story about having Katie price on a joke? It has to be? Getting Katie price on to talk about red flags? She is a real life walking talking red flag?!!!🚩

been done for drink / drug driving numerous times
Killed several pets
Lets her young children on the internet unattended
Humiliated her ex husband for cross dressing

what a joke, she must be desperate

Reactions: 10

kien

I love everything she’s bringing light to about these men. I wish she’d speak out about Depher too because he’s another narcissistic con man.
But totally agree she takes away from her plight when she peppers it with her own achievements and how great she is.

And she’s always asking why these pages much bigger than hers don’t share her stories. She’s doing a great thing with this and it’s brave of her but stand up against men with huge fan bases but there’s definitely an element of clout chasing and self promotion in it.

Reactions: 10

Heynoe

It's funny how she's single now but when she was writing her blog she couldn't even walk to the shop without a fit mixed raced man in a Bentley stopping to talk to her every other day.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
ooh anything else about her? Appreciate your honesty 👏
I don’t know her that well, had a convo here and there and met at events but I wouldn’t say I have inside tea just what I see on close friends She’s 100% a narcissist that uses her followers/patreons as little flying monkeys. I haven’t paid for a whilst but I’ve still not been removed even after the big clear out she claims cleared all the stragglers out 😂 she gives off super grandiose vibes both on close friends and at events and she’s always got a new story about a woman she’s saved on the streets, she gives me the ick. She went off on a tangent about a woman she ‘saved’ in the gym who had been R’d by another gym member and gave the whole “do you know who I am” and then a couple days later the couple came in and trained together another one was a teenage girl being shouted at by her boyfriend, she dramatically pulled her car over in the middle of London and saved her with the “do you know who I am” and pretty much every week it’s another saviour story she’s conducted in her head or man that fancies her from seeing her in a car park with her kid and has come over and confessed his undying love, she lives in an absolute fantasy world and it’s constant. She very much thrives off the broken woman, she almost sees them as a big fat money sign and will offer support and advice they must listen to and sign up to patreon or she suddently starts Calling them names and shaming them for not doing the right thing and this has happened to two of my friends from her. Ill probably be removed from close friends asnsoon as she sees this and goes through it again to remove non-payers but we will see ahaha

• Sad
I forgot about this woman until I saw this thread! I was a huge fan of her a few years ago and then her posts and opinions shifted and she started to come across not very well and I had to unfollow.

HmmmReally

VIP Member
Her arguing in her comments about BV was actually embarrassing. Nobody was saying it can't be sexually transmitted, but that BV is NOT exclusively a STI because you can get it other ways, more commonly.

My favourite part was "I was trained by the NHS so I'm an expert" followed by "do you really believe the NHS?"
she’s a complete fool
Embarrassing- I think she’s a psychopath and can’t believe she has ever worked around children. Frightening

kien

She’s definitely a narcissist but she doesn’t know it.

people pay for the SnG Patreon because they get a whole extra episode every week for their money. And their podcast is fucking hilarious. Problematic at times, yes. Misogynistic at times, definitely. But it is proper laugh out loud funny a lot of the time.

laura thinks people should donate their money to her even though they actually get nothing for their money by signing up to her Patreon. Access to her close friend story where she probably just whines about tattle and men who are more successful than her. Wow.

we are in a cost of living crisis and can’t afford to be handing money out to everyone who thinks they’re doing a good thing in the world.

making people feel bad for spending their money on purchasing entertainment and comedy instead of donating to her is low and narcissistic.

Are you the patreon 😂
I was not going to say anything but yes I am the patreon, she seems to think I’m someone I’m not though as she had a very feisty rant about “the patreon” having been on holidays with other patrons and that’s not me ahaha. I’m still on her close friends and she’s still going on about her trust not being 100% now and then. She opened herself up to this life, she needs to take as well as she gives, not everyone will agree with her all of the time. Shame.

• Heart