Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Agree they are a very small channel and are not in it for the money though they do enjoy freebies every now and then. They have openly said that they are not big spenders, their holidays are their treat and forego presents for each other which I think it is refreshing to hear. Yes, they do go hard with spending at WDW with pins and mugs and everything else but they are being wise at home.

The MDA collab just didn't sit well with me I am afraid! Especially because it is evident that there are hardcore L&R fans going by the facebook page and I think Yaz&Cash jumped in on a good thing there! They are definitely a big contributor in sales for MDA in my opinion and they have made it clear they did not approve of their actions but wonder if they will stop wearing their stuff, or if they do just not mention them.

Agree @Mark81 It looks like they have struggled, with physical illness and also mentally strained. Everyone dealt with lockdown in different ways and I am glad they put themselves first.

I do wish them well and that they would just take things at their own pace and not rush out stuff just because they feel they need too but just film and share what they want when they feel comfortable!
Agree on everything. I'm hoping they may film a little update vlog while on the cruise. Even if just a 10 minute thing. It would be nice for those that don't follow social media to hear from them. I think vloggers forget not everyone follows every account they have

Reactions: 4

Mark81

VIP Member
Oh looks like they have not cancelled their florida trip after their twitter comments. I have always wanted to go to boston and especially salem but honestly it looks like shit on the vlogs. There is a pathological obsession with food. I just don’t understand what’s going on - bizarre vlogs with not visiting anything because they are walking around at 8am and everything is closed. Wondering what they were doing there - maybe they were working or visiting other youtubers « friends » and didn’t have time to visit anything. Just really bizarre.
The salem vlog was poor, but in a little fairness to them Boston is more of a walk and wander city rather than dash around with loads or things to do like new york. There's a few things you can pay and visit like the constitution ship (as seen in their vlog but they didn't do 🤦‍♂️), fenway park and the tea party ship. But mostly its just looking around the different neighbours, shops, food etc. I've been a few times and love it, it's a chilled city break. Its also a great base to do organised day trips out into new England (maine, Cape cod, new Hampshire, Newport etc) if you have limited time or don't drive. I honestly would recommend boston, but just set expectations accordingly.

Completely agree on the food though, the US to them is all about comfort, and that includes food. Its almost like they visit to just do shopping to stock up and then return home.

haha the fact the stories are then walking on the ship, then yes I would say they are on a cruise.

I remember then having a hissy fit when the DCL was first announced and then later said you had to be double vaccinated, they said that should have been mentioned right at the beginning. But I think it was more annoyance having to wait so long to get on. If they are going on this now, then it may well be true that they won't go to WDW earlier than Christmas

I get where you're coming from but vlogging at vlogmas does make sense for someone who has lost their confidence vlogging. It's less important and you can make mistakes. If they really cared about ad revenue they would have vlogged the two cruises, its been over 6 months so they may have lost the monetization anyway.

I agree their vlogmas can be samey, but I kinda like that. It's calming. I'd also be just as happy with vlogs every couple of days instead though. Quality over quantity
Same, I find their vlogmas nice and relaxing, something to have on while I’m doing something else. I’m not there for the thrills, just some gentle watching!

fizzer20

I mean all their vlogs are the same, they go to the same shops every trip, buy the same things. I'm well aware of what's going to happen in each vlog. Sometimes I'm in the mood to watch a boring/comforting vlog with people I've watched for a few years now. Or I'll skip it because I'm not in the mood to be bored to tears😂. I'm not expecting anything mind blowing, and never have from the people I watch, mainly Disney vloggers, just people going on holidays.

Mark81

VIP Member
They aren't vlogging this trip sadly. Guess it's not gifted. They say they hope to be back with vlogmas

But why lie?! Why say only a week when you document your every day and people can count?! Unless they don't view travel there and home days as part of the trip and don't count

focusdochas

VIP Member
I do hope they do some version of vlogmas, doesn’t need to be a daily video but I do miss their videos. Sometimes you need the simple video to relax.

Mark81

VIP Member
They're in disneyland paris at the moment and seem to be dodging every question on their insta posts asking if they're vlogging. I don't get it, if you are or not just saym why make a big drama mystery out of it

emerald

VIP Member
Why did they post 20 stories about how expensive Tesco is when we know they aren't exactly broke with the amount of long haul holidays they have? Just seemed like they were trying to be *relatable* to me. Just shop at Lidl/Home Bargains etc if it's too much.

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
My favourite sitcom ever is The Royal Family so you know I loved Ian and David's couch vlogs. Lol I also love their cheeky humour but then I always travel as a solo or with friends, never with kids, love to have a laugh and so a bit of harmless snarking about kids doesn't bother me, just makes them more relatable. But then I don't watch any vlogs with kids in, can't relate, not my kind of holiday and sometimes it's a but weird to be watching someone's child imo Those vloggers chose to put their child out there but still I get creeped out when adults want to meet the Trackers baby and stuff. But we're all different so we don't have to like the same vloggers. Probablt best we don't so then everyone has their niche and isn't tryin to be something they're not to appeal to everyone.

I hope L&R go soon after the border opens. I will never afford the deluxes and I want to see them show off a big fancy hotel for me lol

focusdochas

VIP Member
I am guessing Rich had a flare up, as careful as he can be on the cruise he’s not in full control. I know Disney are very good with dietary restrictions. Hope all is well soon.

StarrySkies

The latest picture looks like they're at Universal for the day. They really can't keep out the parks 🤣

Why don't they try something new like Gatorland?

I started to lose interest in them in 2019 which was peak complain to get freebie attitude. They really came across as entitled and that everything they want to do should happen with no problems and looked to be compensated when it didn't all under the guise of "we just wanted to make them aware but not criticising them" which made them appear nice, but I saw through that.

Mark81

VIP Member
Yes I agree. Much as I like them one thing that annoys me is the whole can't possibly queue more than 20 mins thing. No one is above queuing and it sometimes comes across as a little entitled although I don't think they mean it that way. I also agree I'm glad they've not forced vlogging but it would be nice to have a little catch up from then just to know how they're doing. They are one of the few genuine disney vloggers

Mark81

VIP Member
Tbh I don't actually disagree with them a lot of the time they complain. Like with their Orlando airport rant on last years trip. Having travelled with older parents, the new terminal was not ready and I'd have been annoyed too. But with them it's their tone a lot of the time rather than the complaint itself

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
How this pair of egotistical knobheads escape criticism astounds me.
We don't feel safe so we will only go twice this year.
There is a big world beyond Disney.
Fuck off you wimps.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
There is definitely valid criticism but as bumblebee says I don't see how they're grifters. They aren't swindling or conning anyone or using any dodgy tactics to earn money. They may not be as innocent or perfect as they make out sometimes, but they aren't grifting