Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Went on insta this morning and couldn't get over the number of dots at the top showing ALL the stories. FFS just vlog already, you clearly want the attention

Reactions: 6

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
I dunno, I can’t fault them for wanting what’s familiar, and I doubt it’s just about their cat. I think it’s ok to hate in De Santis’s policies while loving Orlando at the same time.

I think LGBTQIA people shouldn’t have to defend themselves for going there either. Even if they have a few rants about what’s happening there at the time it’s happening.

maybe they were planning other things away eg NYC, but life’s thrown some crap at them and they just want to be back in their happy place?

I get that. Thoughts of Florida has gotten us through some tricky times in the past.
Again, they could have just pissed off for a week without the song and dance.
Their agreessive now deleted post should be a red flag to anyone thinking that these two are saints.

Reactions: 6

Furnessian

VIP Member
They LOVE early park hopping so what are they moaning about? Also they (at least used to) have DAS pass for Rich’s condition, fine, that is what is is for, and claim to use it only on days when he needs it (which is a bit mad, but ok, if you say so) so what are they whining about Fast Passes for?

They’ve told us time and again how little value Disney represents these days yet they’re back there at the drop of a hat whenever they fancy it, not to mention their hypocrisy about visiting Florida at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Anniebee

VIP Member
I dunno, I can’t fault them for wanting what’s familiar, and I doubt it’s just about their cat. I think it’s ok to hate in De Santis’s policies while loving Orlando at the same time.

I think LGBTQIA people shouldn’t have to defend themselves for going there either. Even if they have a few rants about what’s happening there at the time it’s happening.

maybe they were planning other things away eg NYC, but life’s thrown some crap at them and they just want to be back in their happy place?

I get that. Thoughts of Florida has gotten us through some tricky times in the past.

fizzer20

I get what you mean about boring, but in the end they are just vlogging their holiday, it's not their career where their income is reliant on what they put on YouTube. If they don't want to update their style, fair go I guess.

focusdochas

VIP Member
Nothing worse than forced vlogging for content (lodge guys) so hopefully they will have a good run of vlogmas this year. I really like their vlogmas it’s actually relatable

So they are back from their first trip in which they said they vlogged and wondering what will be on the vlog that they didn't cover the million insta stories?! Maybe we will get a shopping haul to show the insane amount of B&BW and Hawaiian BBQ sauce they managed to buy or their new rae dunn obsession.

HRB2019

I was so confused when they posted their travel day and I couldn’t put my finger on why. Now it’s clicked! They’ve spent 2 months saying they wouldn’t be going to Florida and now they’re there!

TBH I am glad they haven't forced vlogging at home. They have always said they vlog their holidays as it is good memories for them but I would say their last few trips seemed to be catered more for what people were expecting to see (which isn't hard as they don't deviate much between holidays). They both work full time, with the accident last year I am glad they are just taking the time they need to deal with everything. They don't need money from youtube so demonetising them won't bother them and if they don't get freebies I am sure they will cope. I think they are genuine Disney lovers that have struggled with not getting to any parks and it will be hurting them (like a lot of people) to not get there for the 50th. I wonder how their friendship with Yaz and Ash will be after they have gone through the back door to get to Disney! I also think they will struggle with parks in the future with all the changes and I do see them paying for the fastpasses as they don't seem to want to wait longer than 30 mins for a ride and seem to plan their trips around certain rides and getting fastpasses.

Mark81

VIP Member
At least they don't preach sustainability I guess

Funny our family, 3 different households all used to watch them and really like them. And all have gone off them and noticed an attitude change. And I'm the only one who follows their social media so it means rest of my family just noticed a change in their vlogs.

Also see they've spent what? 3 days at universal. Loads of insta stories again. Really wasn't any different to another trip

emerald

VIP Member
I remembered they went last time as well. Not sure why they (I say "they", we know it's Luke) have kicked off on IG multiple times about the state of the parks. They clearly adore them and nothing will keep them away. They just moan for the sake of it.

Mark81

VIP Member
It's a bit of a damned if they do and dated if they don't situation. If they don't mention it the sender could be pissed off, and if they do it comes across as money grabbing

Their 'announcement' was a bit something of nothing and cringe. It felt like a Facebook hun attempt for attention and sympathetic 'what's wrong' replies with the dramatic ' we need a break'.

I do like them, and their vlogs are one of the better of the UK lot. But man they make it hard to like them at times
"we need a break" they are forever one place or another! Its like they can't count it a "break" unless its in Orlando flying upper class

We

We might have to agree to disagree on this. This isn’t a rave thread.

They love Disney but haven’t done any Disney vlogs for 10 months. No top rides, tips or even some clips from their Disney cruise. Even a reaction to some old holidays. They could of bothered for us fans who bought their merch and alway supported them.

we wouldn’t care if they didn’t vlog all year but flogging merch and then telling us about their cruises on Instagram is a bit insulting. and then popping up suddenly for Christmas is a bit of a p-take.

It clearly is about the money. Why would you be so worried to vlog for 10 months and then suddenly be ok to do it at the most high pressure time of the year. Makes no sense at all.
I don’t wish anything bad for them but as a subscriber for years I’m quite angry with them
Bit weird that you’re angry with two grown men not providing *free* content during a pandemic but whatevs.

Serenitygirl67

So even in Salem that has a lot of lively independent coffee places they still have to go for the chain store, Dunkin Donuts. I can't help but think they only care about the brand not the experience.

Vlogwatcher99

Yeah I get that, but this isn’t their rave thread either. That’s in the rave section. They sold merch, took freebies on trips, and were great vloggers: then vanished into thin air like jade billington. It’s rude. Even their Facebook group they don’t even bother to reply to ANYONE. You get that awful Dawn woman. It’s ok not to vlog but either be around on socials or don’t bother at all. Even today someone’s posted on FB their merch with a message, they won’t respond.
I’m sorry my dude, but Jade billington went through a marriage break up, there is a hate thread for her if you want to double down on her more, but this is neither a hate or a rave thread. It’s just a discussion thread. You feel put out that they’re not performing for you because you bought a shirt and a mask. That’s called an exchange of goods for money. If they got freebies, they did the videos in exchange for them. Sounds like you’d enjoy the The Lodge Guys thread. They bleed money out of people on disability to support their channel sorry Patreon, but they vlog all the time, it’s like watching grass grow in the winter. They have ripped of Disney merch in their store too. Maybe check it out.

Furnessian

VIP Member
I understand why they get up early at Disney, do some stuff and then go back for a rest but Disney is the kind of place you can do that, the real world generally isn't.

Also, why are they eating at chain places all the time? They didn't even get anything from Quincy Market, which is a must in Boston, they just looked at it. All the lovely restaurants in Boston and they eat at Chipotle. So odd. But ok, it's their holiday. It does seem like they are scared to try anything truly new.

Vlogwatcher99

I don’t get the love of Mr D and I. I think they are wonderful people but all of the vlogs sitting in the same spot during lock down were kind of boring. I enjoyed the castle collection hauls but I just got bored after months and months of the same thing.

I wish Luke and Rich would vlog
something. I miss their videos a lot.
I love the Mr’s at home vlogs. It feels like a sit down with friends and just chatting about nothing.

I adore their holiday vlogs, love L&Rs as well. It’s the lodge guys I can’t stand