Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pop!91

VIP Member
As someone that lives in a tier one area, I find it really selfish that somebody from a higher tier is visiting for a significant amount of time, for nothing more than a jolly or content!

All these vloggers act like their holier than thou with COVID until it gets in the way of their content!

Reactions: 7

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Their constant talk about covid/social distancing/hand sanitizer is a bit much. If you’ve got that much covid anxiety, maybe don’t go away for the weekend?
I forget the other thread is a rave thread 😂
I agree. Do you really need that much hand sanitiser for your home office?! You’re at home, wash your hands instead!

A week away to the Isle of Wight when they are actively discouraging people to go there doesn’t look great.

Anniebee

VIP Member
I’m so conflicted. I’ve always defended them on here, while acknowledging how pompous they can be at times.

They’re quite entitled to go wherever they like, but they took such a strong stance against DeSantis. Saying, only a month ago, they had no plans to be back on the State (apart from prior commitments). They then book a trip and seem surprised it’s being questioned.
If I was a member of the LGBT+ community I’d go to Orlando too right now, but I probably wouldn’t have to climb down from such a high horse to do it.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Totally agree. As someone in a (different) minority group it’s exhausting having to be the perfect representative for your community and/or an activist 24/7. I don’t think they’ve handled this perfectly but definitely don’t deserve the level of criticism.
I think it’s their hypocrisy people are calling them out on, rather than letting down the community or anything.

Also, where have they seen criticism of their trip? There has been nothing on their social media as far as I have seen, just a few posts here. If you have to go looking for it on an almost-dead Tattle thread, you’re spoiling for a fight.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Wonder how their “There’s more to life than WDW” mantra is going for them? Not well, as far as I can see…

• Haha

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
This week of escape, just to chill etc has consisted of constant shopping, 1 day at epcot and 2 or 3 days (I've lost count) at universal. Barely been at the villa to take advantage of that pool for more than a few hours a day.

I'm so disappointed, they used to be one of the only decent vloggers
I always thought of them as dull but harmless.
Their true colors have really shone through recently though with the passive agressive comments and hissy fits.
The mask always slips eventually.

Furnessian

VIP Member
They’ve always been a pair of pompous arses. All nicey-nicey when everything goes their way and absolute fummin’ and kicking off when it doesn’t.

They caused the criticism by being massive hypocrites.

The PP who said criticism isn’t hate is spot on.

Vlogwatcher99

I think these guys genuinely love Disney, so I’m not surprised they didn’t vlog it. It’s not just about views like it is with some other vloggers. Like some who’ve recently jumped on the DLP band wagon

Mark81

VIP Member
I have to say their vlogs have really helped me get through lockdown 3. Rewatched them all. The things that had annoyed me annoy me less now, they're so calming and their boringness is actually a strength as they are normal rather than hyper. That said the wdw vlogs really are all the same now. But overall I really like them

I do find it a bit odd that they haven't had their first jab. I'd have thought with their pre existing conditions they would have been higher up the list. But I think that shows how the vaccine programme differs across the country.

Mark81

VIP Member
Worked with the public my whole career, I know exactly the type of customer Luke is 🤣

Rich I actually think is a nice guy. I think its all Luke.

Mark81

VIP Member
Its the laziest option. They could make fun reels from all these clips but just posting on stories is lazy and spammy

They're trips are so samey now you can put money on what they'll do each day, almost in what order, once you know what park they're going to.

Interestingly 3 different family members/households used to watch them and all of us have said the same thing and also stopped watching/unsubsribing. One went as far to say he now finds them more punchable than watchable 🤣 and a couple years ago we were all big fans of them

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I think I’ve said it here before but whichever one of them edits and constantly cuts away before the sentence is finished is really annoying!

“Oh we’ll go to an independent coffee shop later”… goes back to Dunkin’ Donuts

Reactions: 6

emerald

VIP Member
I really can't abide hypocrites. Even if they said "we've changed our minds" I wouldn't be hugely irritated but pure hypocrisy just narks me.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Yep. Performative as usual.

Nothing wrong with loving wdw and it being your happy place. Just don't act high and mighty and not follow through on your grandstanding.

Exactly. Go to WDW and enjoy it, you’ve earned it and paid for it yourselves. But no one likes a hypocrite (or two)

• Heart

SpillTheTeaPlz

I have to admit I miss them. Hope Rich’s knee healed up. I wish they’d do that UK Disney cruise and make some new vlogs!

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't blame them as such, but the whole 'not vlogging but will upload a zillion stories' is a bit eye rolling. And I've been to boston a few times, including this time of year, and they always do the exact same stuff and its all about consuming stuff. They rarely actually do anything touristy and everytime they photograph the city its dead, which makes me think they do the usual up early and back early. They could be anywhere really.