Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Sorry to double post but their trip to Boston looks identical to their last one, down to Cheesecake Factory, Trader Joe’s and renting a car to go to another state for tax-free shopping. Maybe cheaper just to pay tax in Massachusetts than hiring a vehicle.

If they go to Salem, which is nice enough but no real reason to visit outside Halloween, then it’s ridiculous.

Reactions: 3

Furnessian

VIP Member
I didn’t know the other thread was a rave!

Do they have to go to the supermarket so often? Considering they’re both claiming to be so covid careful, is it necessary to pop to the shops every other day along with their online deliveries?

Gotta say I’m missing Luke & Rich, I’m surprised they haven’t made any content in 8 months. I think channels get demonetised after 6 months too? So I’m surprised they’ve not posted anything! Even a shop Disney haul!

Mark81

VIP Member
They posted a story on Instagram a few days ago pretty much telling people to stop asking them about going to Disney because they won’t travel until it’s “safe”. If they are waiting around for Americans to get vaccinated in Florida they will be waiting forever. Florida is Trump country and the majority in that state are anti vax nut jobs.
I think its more that international travel isn't allowed really under UK restrictions so isn't deemed safe. France is amber so means only essential travel (e.g. if a relative is dieing) and American borders are closed.

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
I tried watching Mr David and Mr Ian after so many recommended them on this forum, but I couldn't get past 2 vlogs it was awful! Trying too hard to be funny all the time and saying horrible things about kids making noise (Florida vlogs), I thought it was really rude.

• Wow
Yeah I don't think they renewed Disney ones as they were disappointed after one holiday but been keeping up the Universal one.

Will be interesting to see the family trip again and whether they all think Disney have lost the magic

Vlogwatcher99

Not sure I share everyone rave thread here. Vlogmas will be endless Costa, Starbucks, Costco crap, and repeating what each other day. Sorry I don’t find their vlogmas that interesting..although they are harmless. Very beige for me.
Also it’s interesting suddenly they are ok to vlog at the peak ad revenue time of the year. Feels a bit wrong. Like it wasn’t worth their time vs money before.
I hear you but they’ve never been full time vloggers. They both have careers and like to vlog their holidays and Vlogmas. I can find them a bit dull and they like to brag about exclusives they find/get. In terms of revenue, their channel is likely not getting any as they haven’t had content for more than 6 months. So many vloggers have tried to stay relevant during the last 18 months and have been truly awful. Each to their own I guess but for me a little bit of normalcy in their Vlogmas will be nice

Mark81

VIP Member
They seem nice enough but they're so bad at vlogging. Camera all over the place, face in full screen much of the time, nd the high pitched hyena laughter is just all too much for me

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
The #gifted ferry tickets were totally uncalled for. The company know damn well the reason why numbers are down so why the hell are they advertising through this pair? I don’t get it at all.

Mark81

VIP Member
Sorry but that's an obscene amount of stories, basically spamming. Especially as these days it's generally not considered a good social media practice to put up that many stories for your followers

Screenshot_20230922_222230_Instagram.jpg

• Wow

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
As i’ve said on her numerous times I used to be a massive fan from their very early days. They absolutely disgusted me how they dropped out during lockdown (fair enough) but coming back to flog their facemasks in collab with that awful pair then offski again.
I think if you are a newer viewer and then watching their older stuff you won’t notice as much how much they have changed now from when they first began.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
They got called boring a LOT on here and I think that took their confidence away.

They recently said they completely lost their confidence in vlogging, not everyone can shrug off a Tattle thread.
Most times they start a new vlog series they mention how they’re out of practice and confidence with their vlogging. They are more shy holiday vloggers instead of over the top influencer types who don’t care about who watches them filming out and about. I doubt it’s because of a small thread on here.

Mark81

VIP Member
They have been quite open about seeing if disney is still good value for money etc so although I'm sure they'll go back it will be interesting to see if they go back as regularly

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
They're in disneyland paris at the moment and seem to be dodging every question on their insta posts asking if they're vlogging. I don't get it, if you are or not just saym why make a big drama mystery out of it
Cos they are superstars

• Haha

Snapdragon5

Love MD & MI too. They have a real zest for life. That's exactly what we all need after this wicked year. I enjoy L&R too and look forward to their next blogs series from Disney.

The vlogs were well more boring than the Insta stories. The most exciting part of the entire trip was when they 'spontaneously' treated themselves to a $4.50 ride on a swan boat on the boating lake in the park. Wild.

Other than the brief trip to Salem, MA. the entire trip was stuff they had done before. I know visitors from Britain enjoy Cheesecake Factory and Target etc but that sort of stuff is pretty much all they did all trip. I noted one meal they had which was not from a chain restaurant.

Hope they enjoyed the trip more than the viewers.
The stuff they did really could’ve been Anywhere USA rather than Boston. They did half the freedom trail and didn’t feature much of the city’s rich historical significance. When I went yeeeears ago for a few days we did the full freedom trail with all the sights on that, a duck boat, visited Harvard, shopping, ate chowder etc. and could still go back and do loads more. Such a wasted trip for them 😢