Kylie Flavell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, tone deaf is the right description. I mean, we alle have been through a very rough 16 months and I for sure don’t want to be reminded of COVID all the time. So, on the one hand I am grateful for some escapism. However, I can see why blending reality out completely and pretending life is like a musical can be hurtful to a lot of people who have lost loved ones or their jobs (in her case especially to the people of Italy). Even a lot of Disney movies do not sugar-coat life like that and deal with harsh topics like death & grief (Bambi, Lion King, Up..etc.). Mufasas death still breaks my heart!
Maybe finding the middle between acknowledging & sympathizing with peoples pain, but also offering them optimism and hope for the future is the better way to do it.
Yes completely agree, I think we are all in need of some escapism and I don't think that lady wanted streams of negative content as she is very complimentary of her work. I took umbrage to the fact that she was so aggressive to this commenter, I think this lady had a very good point and I think K's response was very tone def, she could have easily responded in a rational, balanced way but she decided to publicly insult her and back it up with a very poor argument (in my view) in her own forum where I think she knew many of her fans would see. I am quite surprised none of her superfans have responded to it to be honest

Reactions: 5
I was surprised none of her fans responded either.
But that comment was off the wall. She was virtually pointing her finger and scolding her. "Do you know how many....??" Calm down.

But it reminds of a comment stuck in my head that later disappeared (though I think the poster may have done it after being embarrassed.) I brought this up before but combining it with the one earlier it's clear Kylie is extremely touchy. Someone, again, complimented the video and her work but said it seemed Kylie spoke over Guido a lot and interrupted. Her reply was "Oh, really? Well that is just how Italians communicate, if you lived here you would know blah blah blah." PR 101, just say "hmm, I hadn't noticed but I'll keep it in mind." or something. Instead she gets bitchy and defensive.

Reactions: 4
So I've read a couple of threads that Kylie is copying A girl in Rome...I'm sorry, but I'm unaware of this person or her channel/ blog.
Could someone care to tell me about it ?

Reactions: 1
So I've read a couple of threads that Kylie is copying A girl in Rome...I'm sorry, but I'm unaware of this person or her channel/ blog.
Could someone care to tell me about it ?
I have just googled it and cannot find it anywhere?

I think he meant "a girl" in Rome, not that it was their social media name, but I could be wrong. @Antonio ?
Yep that’s right. Unlike Kylie, she is pretty low key and modest. And is known mostly to Italians. I am sure she doesn’t appreciate Kylie copying her aesthetic and ideas. But presuming the rabid band of crazies that follow K and scream everytime she is questioned/criticised also visit this forum, I don’t think it would be fair to subject her to them...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hello everyone! Thanks for the hours of entertainment! I’ve been down this rabbit hole and it’s so nice to find some like minded people!

Like many of you, I came here after watching Kylie and Stephanie’s (chateau diaries) videos and feeling like...there was more to these stories. I’m from Los Angeles, and worked in the industry for over a decade and was very impressed with Kylie’s cinematic videos...but the gratuitous pouty, lip biting, slow, languid shots of her body and immature attitude on a few topics are beyond cringey! I’ve stopped watching but when I saw the Italian Fairytale thumbnail, I vomited in my mouth. 🤮. I now live in Rome and was initially drawn to her videos because, like many have mentioned, they are beautiful and really highlight that romantic dream of Italy but it is not like that at all in reality!

some of you have mentioned that she was having issued with her marriage paperwork? Having just got married here last June, I can assure everyone it is much more complicated than the US and from Australia (according an Aussie friend). The atto notorio document alone cost $1000. I hope she does get it sorted out, but if she wants a quick marriage, Italy is not the place for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Welcome! @eakpe90046

The issues with her marriage paperwork is that she needs an original doc from Australia. The only document that cannot be replicated by the AUS embassy (or Rome courts), as per their website, is a divorce decree or death certificate of a deceased spouse. Hmmm.

The ridiculous part is as you mentioned, marriage paperwork and all the bureaucracy takes time. As per her Disney video, seems Guido proposed maybe late Nov or December. How she thought to pull off a legal spring wedding is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yep that’s right. Unlike Kylie, she is pretty low key and modest. And is known mostly to Italians. I am sure she doesn’t appreciate Kylie copying her aesthetic and ideas. But presuming the rabid band of crazies that follow K and scream everytime she is questioned/criticised also visit this forum, I don’t think it would be fair to subject her to them...
Agrée @Antonio Kylie also copied her job titles and took her fake ‘award-winning’ editor from another colleague of mine in Rome because she was so jealous and compétitive. All that is good about her is a simulacrum of someone else.

Hello everyone! Thanks for the hours of entertainment! I’ve been down this rabbit hole and it’s so nice to find some like minded people!

Like many of you, I came here after watching Kylie and Stephanie’s (chateau diaries) videos and feeling like...there was more to these stories. I’m from Los Angeles, and worked in the industry for over a decade and was very impressed with Kylie’s cinematic videos...but the gratuitous pouty, lip biting, slow, languid shots of her body and immature attitude on a few topics are beyond cringey! I’ve stopped watching but when I saw the Italian Fairytale thumbnail, I vomited in my mouth. 🤮. I now live in Rome and was initially drawn to her videos because, like many have mentioned, they are beautiful and really highlight that romantic dream of Italy but it is not like that at all in reality!

some of you have mentioned that she was having issued with her marriage paperwork? Having just got married here last June, I can assure everyone it is much more complicated than the US and from Australia (according an Aussie friend). The atto notorio document alone cost $1000. I hope she does get it sorted out, but if she wants a quick marriage, Italy is not the place for it!
Benvenuta @eakpe90046 ! I did thé same and went down thé rabbit hole! This forum has provided endless amusement (thanks to @emm and @Denise0211 who started it) plus meeting other kindred spirits who are fed up with thé Kylie fakery in réal life and online.

Agrée about thé cinematic quality of thé drone shots but thé pity is that none of it is going towards a greater artistic vision but rather to an endless célébration of Kylie herself!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Agrée @Antonio Kylie also copied her job titles and took her fake ‘award-winning’ editor from another colleague of mine in Rome because she was so jealous and compétitive. All that is good about her is a simulacrum of someone else.

Benvenuta @eakpe90046 ! I did thé same and went down thé rabbit hole! This forum has provided endless amusement (thanks to @emm and @Denise0211 who started it) plus meeting other kindred spirits who are fed up with thé Kylie fakery in réal life and online.

Agrée about thé cinematic quality of thé drone shots but thé pity is that none of it is going towards a greater artistic vision but rather to an endless célébration of Kylie herself!
Thanks @Alessandro. Love the description of Kylie as always a ‘simulacrum of someone else’! Sums her up perfectly☺

• Haha
Reactions: 2
yeah their relationship seems much more equal and like a partnership, they both cook for each other etc, she doesn't feel the need to act like the perfect housewife
Oh my goodness, I would NOT ever want Nicki and Kylie's worlds to collide. Kylie's toxic energy is not something Nicki and Carlo ever deserve. Before finding this forum I had not heard of Nicki and have really enjoyed watching her Positano Diaries, so thank you!! She's so authentic and lovely vibe, and we share similar interests such as pets, cooking, hiking and gardening so I have lots of reasons to love it. I've also been an expat a couple of times and am moving back to the UK (Pembrokeshire, Wales to be specific) again after 10 years being back in Seattle, and I know it is no fairytale. It's a tough transition even when you speak the language and are passionate about the culture and the landscape.

Hello all! I'm new (my real name is Aelfwynn) and I have finally been accepted on here. It's been so hard following this thread for a couple of weeks and not be able to participate. I started watching Kylie's videos about a year ago because YT kept insisting I would like it...and I kind of did, but mainly because I love Italy and needed some escapism. I love the cinematography of her videos but she quickly became incredibly annoying to me, but at the same time endearing. I felt sorry for her, trying so incredibly hard to be sexy and desirable and living in a deluded fantasy world. I unfollowed and re-followed her several times and had an internal battle asking myself, "is it just me that finds the narcissistic camera shots objectionable?"

I did make a comment on one of her backpacking through the mountains videos from a few years ago about the lip-biting and all the come-hither sexy looks into the camera...on a freaking solo backpacking adventure!!! I commented that it felt like I was intruding on her love affair with herself and how toning that down might turn fewer people off. She didn't respond or remove the comment, and one of her fans commented back that they didn't understand what I was talking about. So, I thought I must be crazy...until the Disney nightmare video and I seriously couldn't help myself from commenting. It's still there, not removed, but oh my, her fans have become much more rabid and aggressive. I'll take a screen shot and post here later. It's under my handle Welsh Dragon if one of you finds it first.

A while back I also commented on one of her videos about her age and timeline not adding up, and she responded directly to it, saying "don't believe what you read online regarding my age" but then didn't actually provide clarity. It still doesn't make sense at ALL for her to be 29. 38 is much more reasonable, but she actually looks my age to me (44). Someone on here said it so well several pages back about how the midriff only hip-shaking/thrusting slow-motion shots and sexy lip-biting looks into the camera are dangerous in so many ways for society in sexualizing women publicly. It's her prerogative to create whatever content she likes, and it's our prerogative to criticize it.

Reactions: 11
Oh my goodness, I would NOT ever want Nicki and Kylie's worlds to collide. Kylie's toxic energy is not something Nicki and Carlo ever deserve. Before finding this forum I had not heard of Nicki and have really enjoyed watching her Positano Diaries, so thank you!! She's so authentic and lovely vibe, and we share similar interests such as pets, cooking, hiking and gardening so I have lots of reasons to love it. I've also been an expat a couple of times and am moving back to the UK (Pembrokeshire, Wales to be specific) again after 10 years being back in Seattle, and I know it is no fairytale. It's a tough transition even when you speak the language and are passionate about the culture and the landscape.

Hello all! I'm new (my real name is Aelfwynn) and I have finally been accepted on here. It's been so hard following this thread for a couple of weeks and not be able to participate. I started watching Kylie's videos about a year ago because YT kept insisting I would like it...and I kind of did, but mainly because I love Italy and needed some escapism. I love the cinematography of her videos but she quickly became incredibly annoying to me, but at the same time endearing. I felt sorry for her, trying so incredibly hard to be sexy and desirable and living in a deluded fantasy world. I unfollowed and re-followed her several times and had an internal battle asking myself, "is it just me that finds the narcissistic camera shots objectionable?"

I did make a comment on one of her backpacking through the mountains videos from a few years ago about the lip-biting and all the come-hither sexy looks into the camera...on a freaking solo backpacking adventure!!! I commented that it felt like I was intruding on her love affair with herself and how toning that down might turn fewer people off. She didn't respond or remove the comment, and one of her fans commented back that they didn't understand what I was talking about. So, I thought I must be crazy...until the Disney nightmare video and I seriously couldn't help myself from commenting. It's still there, not removed, but oh my, her fans have become much more rabid and aggressive. I'll take a screen shot and post here later. It's under my handle Welsh Dragon if one of you finds it first.

A while back I also commented on one of her videos about her age and timeline not adding up, and she responded directly to it, saying "don't believe what you read online regarding my age" but then didn't actually provide clarity. It still doesn't make sense at ALL for her to be 29. 38 is much more reasonable, but she actually looks my age to me (44). Someone on here said it so well several pages back about how the midriff only hip-shaking/thrusting slow-motion shots and sexy lip-biting looks into the camera are dangerous in so many ways for society in sexualizing women publicly. It's her prerogative to create whatever content she likes, and it's our prerogative to criticize it.
Welcome Aelfwynn! Great moniker @Come-hither-lip-biter 😅 We have a lot of fun on this forum!

I agrée with you that it is Kylie’s narcissism that people can’t stand. It makes us all remember thé narcissists around us who have fooled most into believing they are good people meanwhile they are wreaking havoc behind thé boasts and thé perfect persona, relationship, life and so on.

There is no doubt that thé latest showing off about thé perfect romance with Guido is not entirely what it seems although he himself seems quite straightforward - if not thé paragon of self-aware, well-adjusted Italian manhood that she paints.

She broke up his long-term relationship with his girlfriend in Firenze to be with him. But I guess this will be brushed over. So that must have caused the ex a lot of heartbreak.

Kylie has boasted many times about the number of men that have proposed to her🙄But she would never have become engaged to Guido if he was an ordinary accountant living with his family in a 50 square metre flat in Rome or Florence. It is all the property and wealth that has turned her head.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Wow, he was with someone when they met? How can we be so sure he wasn't subjected to the lovebombing treatment?

[

🤣🤣🤣 OMG, what a brilliant handle, I have never laughed so much "Come Hither lip-biter" you have a great sense of humour. I have to say that the 'Disney nightmare' was simply cringeworthy. K seems to like all the romantic 'little girl' Disney animations too, like Cinderella, which isn't to my taste at all. I loved Jungle Book and 101 Dalmations back in the day. Just like you, Come Hither, I wanted some escapism as Covid prevented me from travelling as much as I am used to, and I thought Kylie's cinematography very accomplished though have issues regarding her over-idealization of Italy. As I've said in earlier posts, it is a beautiful country and wonderful on so many levels but one would need to be careful about relocating there. Right ... I'm off to read your comment on the engagement announcement.

@Alessandro - I am saddened to learn that K broke up Guido's long-term relationship with a girl in Florence.

Sorry @Come-hither-lip-biter ... I started to trawl through the thousand plus, mainly sycophantic, messages from K's subs on "The Italian Fairytale" and lost the will to live. I will have to patiently wait for Welsh Dragon's comment to be revealed to us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
@PlinyinTorquay 😅 ‘lost the will to live’ - hilarious! The sycophancy/fake messages are bizarre. Too hard to find the real ones. There is even one saying K should set up a gift registry on Amazon so we can all send wedding presents🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And as she explains in the latest video, why would someone suggest repeatedly to get the two of them together, if Guido was already in a relationship? I would imagine, if this person knew Guido well enough to suggest he should meet someone, that this person knew he was in a relationship. ? Unless, Guido was not happy and thus the insistence he meet someone new. Totally possible, I guess.

I have now seen, throughout life, so many people who seem to idealize and dream and talk in these beautiful flowery words, and most of the time, it's a story that's not real. I have a hard time believing it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.