Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have bad service in Toronto, it is no nirvana. But here ? Appalling.

The property manager reportedly runs 100 properties and does as little as possible. I’ve already started a campaign to fire him ! However, you get little response from the residents. I don’t know if they are so used to getting beat up or what. We had to start a lawsuit against him on another matter and even the lawyer asked permission to call him a “bastard” he has never seen anyone like him.

We went to a meeting last week where another owner was going to raise the issue of firing him, but he ended up not saying a word. We spent all of yesterday writing and sending an email to this Tin Pot dictator.

I’ve been on and run a condo board; here there is not even a board !

As for the meds, it’s stuck with the brokerage in Italy. The guy who first wrote demanding I buy my meds in Italy, doesn’t respond to my emails and UPS online chat (that’s N American bad service) sends me to other agents, finally telling me to call Italy !

Of course, the night before, when I AM talking to a UPS agent, tells me he is going to open a case for me, promises to call me back if the call drops(which happens all the time, given our great wifi, which we have also replaced) the call drops and he doesn’t call back, so I hope he DID open the case, but, no, I was advised there is no open case.

This kind of service is “normal” and we take it in stride, albeit highly irregular in my world and frustrating.

Just this morning, my partner told me she tried again to make a doctor’s appointment and, after being told her first concern could not be accommodated, when she tried to raise a second issue the coordinator hung up on her.

In case anyone thinks I am exaggerating about how bad it is, I can tell you I haven’t told you the worst of it !
uff this sounds highly frustrating and stressful. I never had reason to use the health service in Italy but when I lived in Rome I taught lots of doctors as I worked near a hospital, the stories they told me about things that happened at work were awful so I always had a bad impression of how it was, but there is an italian vlogger I (interminittently) follow who lived in the UK now in Oz and she constantly talks about how bad the UK system is compared to Italy (albeit other things she has abotu both Australia and Italy said are also not true so..)
I hope you manage to resolve these issues soon! 🤞

Reactions: 2
uff this sounds highly frustrating and stressful. I never had reason to use the health service in Italy but when I lived in Rome I taught lots of doctors as I worked near a hospital, the stories they told me about things that happened at work were awful so I always had a bad impression of how it was, but there is an italian vlogger I (interminittently) follow who lived in the UK now in Oz and she constantly talks about how bad the UK system is compared to Italy (albeit other things she has abotu both Australia and Italy said are also not true so..)
I hope you manage to resolve these issues soon! 🤞
Nothing happens “soon” here ! But Thanks.

Not being fluent in Italian doesn’t help, if I could be understood in English, I would have done more. The plus side, I’ve had to learn patience, although it probably doesn’t sound like it !

The first time we met this manager, we asked for our main gate key. He told us to ‘come back tomorrow and ask his assistant in the office next to his”. I asked him why he couldn’t get it for us now. He hesitated, walked to the next room, opened a drawer and handed it to us.

He would have had us leave, drive back 20 minutes each way the next day, so he wouldn’t have to get up off his seat. My partner would have done it, she was used to it.

The only thing to do is pick your battles, defer most issues til tomorrow and enjoy the good things where you can.

• Haha
Nothing happens “soon” here ! But Thanks.

Not being fluent in Italian doesn’t help, if I could be understood in English, I would have done more. The plus side, I’ve had to learn patience, although it probably doesn’t sound like it !

The first time we met this manager, we asked for our main gate key. He told us to ‘come back tomorrow and ask his assistant in the office next to his”. I asked him why he couldn’t get it for us now. He hesitated, walked to the next room, opened a drawer and handed it to us.

He would have had us leave, drive back 20 minutes each way the next day, so he wouldn’t have to get up off his seat. My partner would have done it, she was used to it.

The only thing to do is pick your battles, defer most issues til tomorrow and enjoy the good things where you can.
This reminds me of when I first moved to Rome to do erasmus, I had to go and get something stamped to reigster when I first started uni to get my funding. I went to the office and they told me the stamp was next door (the next room) and I would have to come back next week as it was only open one day a week. I genuinley thought I had misunderstood as my Italian was awful at the time, of course turns out I hadn't :ROFLMAO: After much pleading the guy just probably wanted us to leave, opened the next door office and stamped my form :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Will we get the start of the Tuscany series tomorrow/saturday? Or a return to radio silence?

@Jerry oh I see, one of *those* property managers. Yeah I have heard many stories. My ex was a lawyer and dealt with a lot of condominio issues. And yeah, I have found in general people are used to accepting bad service etc. Not me. Lol.

My boyfriend's father bought a new laptop a few years ago. It was a lemon. Windows never got running. He tried taking it back to Trony where the SA told him "But it's not our problem, we can't sell it again!" When he told me this I insisted we go back together. So I started ranting how they should know they just send it back to the manufacturer, how in the US they just replaced mine automatically, etc. He got his replacement.

Will we get the start of the Tuscany series tomorrow/saturday? Or a return to radio silence?

@Jerry oh I see, one of *those* property managers. Yeah I have heard many stories. My ex was a lawyer and dealt with a lot of condominio issues. And yeah, I have found in general people are used to accepting bad service etc. Not me. Lol.

My boyfriend's father bought a new laptop a few years ago. It was a lemon. Windows never got running. He tried taking it back to Trony where the SA told him "But it's not our problem, we can't sell it again!" When he told me this I insisted we go back together. So I started ranting how they should know they just send it back to the manufacturer, how in the US they just replaced mine automatically, etc. He got his replacement.
to be fair I think everywhere does this with computers, my dad got one in the US (apple) and it was faulty and they refused to repair it despite it being faulty, he had to pay (a lot) to get it repaired

You do have to fight here. One of the less endearing qualities I have come across is the sense of urgency that is apparent when “they” want something and the total lack of empathy or urgency from them when “you” want something.

I realize there are a lot of cultural cues I have to decipher and I actually enjoy that part of it, but I also know when something is fair or not and I will fight for fairness.

to be fair I think everywhere does this with computers, my dad got one in the US (apple) and it was faulty and they refused to repair it despite it being faulty, he had to pay (a lot) to get it repaired
That's Apple. 😜😂 But really, any product I've bought from Best Buy has been exchanged without question (obvs within the return period.)

That's Apple. 😜😂 But really, any product I've bought from Best Buy has been exchanged without question (obvs within the return period.)
oh yeah 100% agree, I don't use any apple products but my dad is basically an apple cult follower :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I admit, I also have little tolerance for stupid rules and, in Italy, they abound.

There’s an IKEA in the region, so I don’t know if it’s the Swedes or Italians, but I’ve had a few battles at their cafeteria. It usually goes something like this;

I’ll have the salmon... with mashed potatoes.

You can’t have mashed potatoes with salmon.

Perche ?

Because it’s the rule.

Why is it the rule; I want mashed potatoes.

You can only have greens with salmon.

Why can’t I have mashed potatoes ?

Because you can only have mashed potatoes with meat balls.

Why ? I want salmon.

Because it’s not possible.

Why not ?

It’s the rule.

I want to speak with the manager. (It is now possible)

Oh, after 3 days, I finally got for a reply, this after 8 days arrived in Italy on a 3 day delivery for which I paid $150 premium.

They want me to find a doctor and have them prescribe the same meds so that Italy can gain the proceeds. This is how they want me to use the country’s medical resources and time, in a pandemic, during Covid.

“ Dearest, for the case specified by you, or of a foreigner residing in Italy, the import pursuant to the Ministerial Decree of 11 February 1997 requires the prescription of the required drugs by a physician licensed on the national territory.

The same DM provides for the possibility, in cases justified by objective characteristics of exceptionality, and if there were no valid therapeutic alternatives in Italy, the use of such solutions, which can be evaluated from time to time

special needs that justify the use of unauthorized medicinal products, in the absence of a valid therapeutic alternative, ... the import referred to in paragraph 1 of the same DM, is justified by objective characteristics of exceptionality and the use of the drug must take place in compliance, as well as the legislation in force in Italy of the conditions of use authorized in the country of origin. "”

Last edited:
@Jerry I think your manager problem is embedded in the'100 properties' he manages. Let's say 100 × 10 tenants per property so that is roughly 1,000 households that potentially are on his back about issues & is probably the reason he's trying to limit access. Is he a letting agent for corporate owners like Generali Insurance or really just a property agent? In which case you could splinter off & even vote for one of yourselves who has the the time, energy and your trust to do it.

From what I see, I’m coming in with a Canadian/American perspective and former condo board president/treasurer; even in this case, I witnessed people actively working AGAINST their own interests at times. So there is THAT kind of crazy.

Here we have a tin pot manager who, you’re right, has no time. He gets paid for doing a bad job. I speak only English or he would have had a verbal lashing long ago. I’m not Italian and I know that is cause for resentment for some, as in “who is he to tell us there is a better way !”

There is apathy, people beaten down. There are condo commando owners who, in the absence of a proper manager, fill in the vacuum with their own power plays and positions. For instance, there is a group who has lived here five years before anyone else, due to financial problems of the developer and things were on hold. They are used to doing things their own way.

An example, the main electrical room is left unlocked and used for their children’s toys, balls, bikes, football nets, you name it. Not exactly a safe safe environment for anyone, least of all children playing in there amidst transformers, connection boxes etc. However, my demands to secure it go unheeded because the owners with kids want it and they tell the manager. He doesn’t care. Why create a fuss ?

There are no owner reps and what is needed is a designated on site person to deal with daily issues which go ignored, but this would cost money.

We have one neighbour who is furious in the rude way he was treated by the manager, so he would support a replacement.

It all takes time and, just knowing what is wrong, doesn’t immediately translate into improvements, as you can see.

It’s a pleasant place and more people arriving after the sale hold was lifted, so, over time, we hope the management will improve as well as my Italian !

My partner speaks five languages, so we rely on each other. I’m just not used to using an intermediary when I want something done !

But this is Italy !

Reactions: 1
The thought crossed my mind that, with all my apparent complaints, I may end up like with KyLIE, filtered out as I keep chatting on, unaware that I am being blocked, left talking to myself !

• Haha
Have any of you come across this guy?

He seems genuine enough to me

Thought I put the link above
I visited this region in Calabria a few times. It’s quite a nice area. I like Calabria and have focussed on the south for a few years.

Santa Domenica Taleo looks to be in the mountains above Scalea, one of the various beach towns along the coast I’ve seen.

I had occasion to visit a hospital, in the region, once, I needed for an insurance health claim and, after seeing it, realized I could never live there.

I watched the whole video, was interesting to see “new” home buyers on a €1 house; Americans from western US who like the mountains they said. The vllogger himself has a wife and kids in tow, I’m sure hoping to cash in on Utube revenue; seemed genuine, although inexperienced.

Reactions: 1
1626458553892.png

Not a saint; Mr. Potato likes money more.
Anyway, it was a grifters’ holiday

I think you had the right idea in 1986; I’m with you

1626458574404.png

Ahh, mmm, true Cinema HOLLYWOOD, actually

1626458649738.png

For a job

• Haha
Reactions: 3