Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a weakness for Gothic arches. ;)

renos bore me so much. I could tolerate one chicken coop episode but, thereafter, it was the beginning of the end for me!
I ;like renos but only if there is some useful advice, she gave absolutely nothing, not to mention anyway that kind of renovation is basically irrelevant for almost anyone anyway. A highlight for me was her drilling into that stone with sun glasses as eye protection :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have a weakness for Gothic arches. ;)

renos bore me so much. I could tolerate one chicken coop episode but, thereafter, it was the beginning of the end for me!
I actually like them if you get to see a before and after in the same or the next episode (like the kitchen thing). Not months or even years later…or never.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Kylie really has a mixed bag of followers. There was this comment, but also more than a few people who have stayed at the Belmond Portofino or do so yearly. Apologies if someone posted this already! I checked for end of september dates, and 2 nights cost....not in my budget, for sure.
Maybe she got some discount for filming and “advertising” it. But yeah, someone posted here that her highest paying patreon was donating around 800 British pounds 🤯 if I remember correctly, so there are definitely some rich people following her.

Reactions: 5
Maybe she got some discount for filming and “advertising” it. But yeah, someone posted here that her highest paying patreon was donating around 800 British pounds 🤯 if I remember correctly, so there are definitely some rich people following her.
definitely, remember that woman from austria (I think) who send her a huge parcel of loads of vintage things, the post on that alone would be insane. I think a lot of her followers seem to be older people, especially americans who believe the idealised view of italia she promotes

Today I got an email demanding know if I can get my meds in Italy, they won’t release them from customs; I sent my prescription drugs from Toronto by premium 3 day UPS.

Last time I was charged €50 tax for €20 in meds.

This country is a fractured nightmare.

And No, we don’t have air conditioning yet, because we have a property manager who is incompetent. I went to a condo meeting to support those who said they were going to call for his firing and no one said a word. Silence.

Last night I was assaulted by one of these persistent street vendors; I managed to avoid slugging him, which is likely what he wanted, he followed me for blocks, no mask, taunting and touching me, tried to take my sweater, while the streets were empty due to the Euro Cup. Insane.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh I'm sure her "video-ad" was well compensated. As if they need PR. But I would hope eventually people ask themselves if their patreon money is going towards her personal life.

Today I got an email demanding know if I can get my meds in Italy, they won’t release them from customs; I sent my prescription drugs from Toronto by premium 3 day UPS.

Last time I was charged €50 tax for €20 in meds.

This country is a fractured nightmare.

And No, we don’t have air conditioning yet, because we have a property manager who is incompetent. I went to a condo meeting to support those who said they were going to call for his firing and no one said a word. Silence.

Last night I was assaulted by one of these persistent street vendors; I managed to avoid slugging him, which is likely what he wanted, he followed me for blocks, no mask, taunting and touching me, tried to take my sweater, while the streets were empty due to the Euro Cup. Insane.
Oh gosh I was afraid you were going to say you got assaulted during the festivities! Lots of horrible scenes.

You need permission to install AC?

definitely, remember that woman from austria (I think) who send her a huge parcel of loads of vintage things, the post on that alone would be insane. I think a lot of her followers seem to be older people, especially americans who believe the idealised view of italia she promotes
Yes and a lot of rich Californians from what I have seen through months of scrolling through her comments. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Kylie really has a mixed bag of followers. There was this comment, but also more than a few people who have stayed at the Belmond Portofino or do so yearly. Apologies if someone posted this already! I checked for end of september dates, and 2 nights cost....not in my budget, for sure.
Well, now we know she, at least, has money for SD cards and equipment repairs and won’t have to ask again.

Oh gosh I was afraid you were going to say you got assaulted during the festivities! Lots of horrible scenes.

You need permission to install AC?
No, just your normal assault where someone follows you down quiet streets, taunts you, pulls at you and you don’t know if he’s got a knife, nothing special.

Yes, only ONE authorized contractor is allowed access; I know it’s stupid, but this is Italy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I am not surprised at how much it costs to stay at the Splendido. I was looking at the Four Seasons in Firenze a while ago and it was EU 16.5K for a few nights for the best suite. The Portofino place you got a quote for @Denise0211 is a suite. Are they in a suite? This is also what I meant when I said that a honeymoon of 4 nights could cost a lot in terms of money in a hotel of this calibre, If they have one of the basic rooms it could surely be around EU 1.2K a night .... which would still be a good part of a 'normal person's holiday accommodation budget. Kylie has certainly gone from one extreme to the other if, as she said, she was living in an accommodation without windows and electricity. We're all different, I suppose, but if I were spending my own money and staying in a hotel of that calibre and price, I'd be playing it down and not filming it, and if it was comped I'd be very transparent about it. But would they really comp her and Guido? She's super-important in her own head, but not in the scheme of things.

Last night I was assaulted by one of these persistent street vendors;
I am sorry to hear that @Jerry . Once, in Venice, I made the mistake of taking one of those fake Louis Vuitton handbags out of a street vendor's hands. He refused to take it back. When I said it was far too expensive for what it was, he invited me to make an offer. I offered him EU 5 for it which was not good enough. It was a deeply annoying interaction and in the end, he forced me to be very impolite and I threw the bag onto the ground and sprinted off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I am not surprised at how much it costs to stay at the Splendido. I was looking at the Four Seasons in Firenze a while ago and it was EU 16.5K for a few nights for the best suite. The Portofino place you got a quote for @Denise0211 is a suite. Are they in a suite? This is also what I meant when I said that a honeymoon of 4 nights could cost a lot in terms of money in a hotel of this calibre, If they have one of the basic rooms it could surely be around EU 1.2K a night .... which would still be a good part of a 'normal person's holiday accommodation budget. Kylie has certainly gone from one extreme to the other if, as she said, she was living in an accommodation without windows and electricity. We're all different, I suppose, but if I were spending my own money and staying in a hotel of that calibre and price, I'd be playing it down and not filming it, and if it was comped I'd be very transparent about it. But would they really comp her and Guido? She's super-important in her own head, but not in the scheme of things.
but even when she was, allegedly, staying in windowless accomodation with no electricity she was still jetting off the Canne and staying in luxury hotels in dubai etc

but even when she was, allegedly, staying in windowless accomodation with no electricity she was still jetting off the Canne and staying in luxury hotels in dubai etc
Yes. I think there she was getting comps or writing reviews of places but wasn't being transparent about it.

I am sorry to hear that @Jerry . Once, in Venice, I made the mistake of taking one of those fake Louis Vuitton handbags out of a street vendor's hands. He refused to take it back. When I said it was far too expensive for what it was, he invited me to make an offer. I offered him EU 5 for it which was not good enough. It was a deeply annoying interaction and in the end, he forced me to be very impolite and I threw the bag onto the ground and sprinted off.
I'm trying to gauge by her recent pics and the video to see the type of room! 😂 It just seems odd she keeps tagging them(as opposed to most businesses she deals with, inc her dressmakers), so I have an inkling a deal might have happened.

I put a laugh emoji on your post because I can't imagine you throwing down a fake LV and running away.😂

It's not very Anglo culture to be rude and impolite to people, even in the streets. Unfortunately I've learnt from the Italians to be quite aggressive with No! from the get go. Some of the worst are the people who try giving you something for "free" then stick to you like glue to pay for it. I think I have perfected my homicidal glare enough by now. 😬

Some of the worst are the people who try giving you something for "free" then stick to you like glue to pay for it.
Oh, I can't bear that. It makes me quite angry. I've ended up in quite convoluted arguments with people in those instances. One of the tricks in Paris, near the Seine, is a wedding ring trick, where someone stops you and asks if you've dropped your wedding ring; when you say no, they press you to take it. Losing the will to live, you take it and then they want money. I was innocent of this trick and was with my husband when a woman did this to us. She got more than she bargained for ... at first I was very sad that someone should lose such a 'significant' piece of jewellery and suggested the woman took it to the police station. She seemed insistent that we should take it, and then asked for some money, we gave her EU 5, then she said the ring was worth more than that. My husband said, 'this is a trick', I then lost my cool and said I was deeply offended that I looked to her like the sort of person who would take another person's wedding ring, that she was not going to get more money from us and that I didn't want the bl***y ring in the first place. I then threw the ring into the Seine. The woman backed off. I can be very polite for a long time but people cross a line with me and I can be awkward.

• Haha
@PlinyinTorquay throwing things left and right!😅 Good on you!

Fortunately friends had warned me about the 'ring trick' in Paris. I thought "yeah ok, what are the chances?" Sure enough it happened to me and my then partner!

• Wow
Oh, I can't bear that. It makes me quite angry. I've ended up in quite convoluted arguments with people in those instances. One of the tricks in Paris, near the Seine, is a wedding ring trick, where someone stops you and asks if you've dropped your wedding ring; when you say no, they press you to take it. Losing the will to live, you take it and then they want money. I was innocent of this trick and was with my husband when a woman did this to us. She got more than she bargained for ... at first I was very sad that someone should lose such a 'significant' piece of jewellery and suggested the woman took it to the police station. She seemed insistent that we should take it, and then asked for some money, we gave her EU 5, then she said the ring was worth more than that. My husband said, 'this is a trick', I then lost my cool and said I was deeply offended that I looked to her like the sort of person who would take another person's wedding ring, that she was not going to get more money from us and that I didn't want the bl***y ring in the first place. I then threw the ring into the Seine. The woman backed off. I can be very polite for a long time but people cross a line with me and I can be awkward.
where i live in London there are a quite a lot of tourists adn there is this guy who has this scam where he acts all panicked, says he has been robbed and needs cash for a taxi. He is very convincing but luckily I had seen in our neighbours group about it, but he has been doing it for years with a lot of success it seems. What i find is so awful is to exploit people's kindness in this way which means that people who are genuinley in need of help won't be believed

• Wow
@PlinyinTorquay throwing things left and right!😅 Good on you!

Fortunately friends had warned me about the 'ring trick' in Paris. I thought "yeah ok, what are the chances?" Sure enough it happened to me and my then partner!
@Denise0211 so what did you do? Just say no thanks and walked off?

where i live in London there are a quite a lot of tourists adn there is this guy who has this scam where he acts all panicked, says he has been robbed and needs cash for a taxi. He is very convincing but luckily I had seen in our neighbours group about it, but he has been doing it for years with a lot of success it seems. What i find is so awful is to exploit people's kindness in this way which means that people who are genuinley in need of help won't be believed
Exactly @emm ... If the woman, who tried the ring scam on us, had said she was hungry or thirsty, I would have happily given her some money for a coffee and sandwich. I hadn't heard of the ring scam, and for people who are happily married, their wedding ring can be symbolically important to them, so I wouldn't dream of taking it. I wouldn't dream of stealing something from anyone whatever it was.

I'm trying to gauge by her recent pics and the video to see the type of room! 😂 It just seems odd she keeps tagging them(as opposed to most businesses she deals with, inc her dressmakers), so I have an inkling a deal might have happened.

I put a laugh emoji on your post because I can't imagine you throwing down a fake LV and running away.😂

It's not very Anglo culture to be rude and impolite to people, even in the streets. Unfortunately I've learnt from the Italians to be quite aggressive with No! from the get go. Some of the worst are the people who try giving you something for "free" then stick to you like glue to pay for it. I think I have perfected my homicidal glare enough by now. 😬
I’ve heard all the lines from these guys; best not even to give eye contact or acknowledgement. Those who do are stuck with an unwanted “guest”. The “free gift” that results in a demand for money, the “you are white and I am black, let’s be friends” line, the “let’s shake hands” line and, of course, “what country are you from”.

This guy was insane and I told him so and having a stabbing death a week ago in our cafe and armed policemen in the piazza, didn’t help with the atmosphere.

I know relentless, but this guy was manic; jumping all around, taunting, threatening. Could have been on drugs. And no mask, which really irritated me.

I consider myself peaceful, a pacifist, but was ready to slug him if I had to, he was so menacing.

It occurred to me he wanted me to hit him, that maybe there’s a victim’s fund he would apply for ! Hey, this is Italy !

A few years ago, in Sicily, I engaged with demonstrators in support of boats landing from Africa. They had their views and I’ve heard opposite opinions as well. I know it’s contentious. This guy did not help his cause.

Exactly @emm ... If the woman, who tried the ring scam on us, had said she was hungry or thirsty, I would have happily given her some money for a coffee and sandwich. I hadn't heard of the ring scam, and for people who are happily married, their wedding ring can be symbolically important to them, so I wouldn't dream of taking it. I wouldn't dream of stealing something from anyone whatever it was.
it is so random as a scam to do, it would make more sense if they pretended it was their own ring and tried to sell it out of desperation or something.

Yeh I agree @Jerry I feel sorry for these people as they are obviously desperate but , especially as a woman, being confronted by men in this way is pretty terrifying at any time, let alone during this pandemic, anyone who comes close to me now I pretty much jump out of my skin as i am not used to be close to people anymore

We avoided eye contact and said "no! No!" and just walked away.

Btw @PlinyinTorquay. I matched the bed and room.style/furnishings at the Splendido. Kylie and Guido slummed it in the Junior Suite. 😏

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow