Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, my personal opinion on the 7 hr editing...I think she mistakenly wrote 12pm instead of 12am Italy time. 12pm on a Friday makes zero sense for those crucial first views and likes. That would be 6am Eastern US, 3am West coast. She has always catered to her north american subs. Midnight in Italy would get her much more "traffic." I know I am highly cynical but her "I need 7 hours" was oddly specific.
I agree; she got her am and pm mixed up. Since she caters to the US, midnight Italian time is what she meant for 6pm viewing.

KyLIE is becoming irrelevant and boring; not even a good laugh for me except her frogs’ legs.

Just another wanna be vlogger using Italy as a prop. Pretension might at first have an impact on some, but then easily evaporates. She seems to be adjusting herself as an all around guru now.

Again, as for her comments, there is no way a random sampling could produce such an homogenous sameness. KyLIE, bot, hired social media contractors, but not real.

Look at our own forum; topics ranging from Doric to Corinthian column comparisons, 19th century rhinoceros tours and mementos, visits to cathedrals in France, explanations of real life in Italy from real Italians, you name it. You don’t get that richness in KyLIE’s comments.

She is fighting irrelevance and copying clips from old movies about Italy does not cut it.

@trinacria mentioned she is SO CLOSE. So close and yet so far, like a knockoff Gucci bag. That’s the problem with those who copy and those who are truly authentic.

In my view, she’s fighting a losing battle. Yes, she’s found a way to rake in the money by being phoney; nothing authentic about that.

After that, what ?

Reactions: 6
The men she has featured in videos must be very tall, then, if she is tall. I say men because she's mostly shown with men. I haven't noticed her looking very tall. But maybe she is. There is an art to knowing how to dress your body and figure out what looks good. Disproportionately big feet on a woman are a challenge, can easily look clunky.
We’ve discussed this previously @FlyByeNight and as I know KyLie in real life, I can say she is not vertiginously tall like a runway model, but she is above average height and she is built on robust lines. She is sporty and looks fit IRL but not thin. She is always super-tanned, even in winter, like a wannabe jetsetter of the 1950s; perhaps it’s all part of her Mid-Century movie fantasy🙄

@Rena Solomon love your architectural analogy of the Classical orders and I would say that physically K fits the rustic Tuscan order - solid with unfluted columns and a simpler entablature - and not as sophisticated and fine as the Ionic or the Corinthian☺

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We’ve discussed this previously @FlyByeNight and as I know KyLie in real life, I can say she is not vertiginously tall like a runway model, but she is above average height and she is built on robust lines. She is sporty and looks fit IRL but not thin. She is always super-tanned, even in winter, like a wannabe jetsetter of the 1950s; perhaps it’s all part of her Mid-Century movie fantasy🙄

@Rena Solomon love your architectural analogy of the Classical orders and I would say that physically K fits the rustic Tuscan order - solid with unfluted columns and a simpler entablature - and not as sophisticated and fine as the Ionic or the Corinthian☺
@Antonio if I was going to be a Classical order, the Tuscan is the one I'd least wish to be. 🤣

I alluded to the Corinthian Order and its association with the feminine in a catalogue entry for an exhibition I contributed to on Syria. The painting is Zenobia's Last Glance on Palmyra.

Amy Bosworth (1872 - 1944), after Herbert G. Schmalz (1856–1935[DJG1] )

Zenobia’s Last Look on Palmyra,

Oil on panel, Adelaide 1888

Size 183.4 x 153.6 cm

Private Collection, Doha, 1892

Size 66 x 50.8 cm

Zenobia’s Last Look on Palmyra
, 1892

Amy Bosworth (b. 1872), after Herbert G. Schmalz (1856–1935)

This is a copy of a painting by the late Victorian painter, Herbert Schmalz, showing the defeated queen Zenobia (b. 241 CE) casting a final glance over Palmyra following her capture by the Roman emperor, Aurelian (214–75 CE). Zenobia, dressed as a warrior, looks upon her kingdom, jaw firmly clenched as if to conceal her emotion. She stands before a classical frieze depicting Sol Invictus, a deity that Aurelian worshipped. In the far distance, the actual sun is setting over Palmyra which the emperor is about to destroy. Behind the frieze is an entablature supported by Corinthian columns, a prevalent architectural feature of the city and, also, according to Vitruvius, an order associated with the feminine. The courage of the queen, who was taken to Rome in chains of gold, would inspire the admiration and imagination of Western women who made their pilgrimages to Palmyra, such as Lady Hester Stanhope (1776–1839), Jane Digby (1807–81) and Gertrude Bell (1868–1926). This painting is a copy of the original acquired in 1890 by the Art Gallery of South Australia in Adelaide. While smaller in scale and more vibrant in colour than that by Schmalz is remarkably faithful to the original. Amy Bosworth, a student at Adelaide’s School of Design, may have copied the picture during her training. It may be no coincidence, however, that Zenobia was also an inspiration for the Suffragette movement and that women campaigning in Southern Australia for the vote wrote to the press using the pseudonyms of formidable women from Antiquity including Zenobia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It's difficult to gauge her height as you never see her on film in a group of friends. From what I see she has a classic Mediterranean build, sturdy and strong. After all she is half Greek so more's the pity you haven't voted her as an Ionian or Corinthian column 😜 ..maybe Doric?
Doubt very much if she will swot up any info regarding ANYTHING as a) she has hardly had any formal education b) it won't be about her & c) she'd have to leave centre stage to something unconnected to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's difficult to gauge her height as you never see her on film in a group of friends. From what I see she has a classic Mediterranean build, sturdy and strong. After all she is half Greek so more's the pity you haven't voted her as an Ionian or Corinthian column 😜 ..maybe Doric?
Doubt very much if she will swot up any info regarding ANYTHING as a) she has hardly had any formal education b) it won't be about her & c) she'd have to leave centre stage to something unconnected to her.
@Spirit of place ... I like this 'classic Mediterranean build, sturdy and strong." If she were a mythological figure ... she would be Artemis ... the huntress, and Guido was her prey (among others) and her prize!

• Haha
@Antonio if I was going to be a Classical order, the Tuscan is the one I'd least wish to be. 🤣

I alluded to the Corinthian Order and its association with the feminine in a catalogue entry for an exhibition I contributed to on Syria. The painting is Zenobia's Last Glance on Palmyra.

Amy Bosworth (1872 - 1944), after Herbert G. Schmalz (1856–1935[DJG1] )

Zenobia’s Last Look on Palmyra,

Oil on panel, Adelaide 1888

Size 183.4 x 153.6 cm

Private Collection, Doha, 1892

Size 66 x 50.8 cm

Zenobia’s Last Look on Palmyra
, 1892

Amy Bosworth (b. 1872), after Herbert G. Schmalz (1856–1935)

This is a copy of a painting by the late Victorian painter, Herbert Schmalz, showing the defeated queen Zenobia (b. 241 CE) casting a final glance over Palmyra following her capture by the Roman emperor, Aurelian (214–75 CE). Zenobia, dressed as a warrior, looks upon her kingdom, jaw firmly clenched as if to conceal her emotion. She stands before a classical frieze depicting Sol Invictus, a deity that Aurelian worshipped. In the far distance, the actual sun is setting over Palmyra which the emperor is about to destroy. Behind the frieze is an entablature supported by Corinthian columns, a prevalent architectural feature of the city and, also, according to Vitruvius, an order associated with the feminine. The courage of the queen, who was taken to Rome in chains of gold, would inspire the admiration and imagination of Western women who made their pilgrimages to Palmyra, such as Lady Hester Stanhope (1776–1839), Jane Digby (1807–81) and Gertrude Bell (1868–1926). This painting is a copy of the original acquired in 1890 by the Art Gallery of South Australia in Adelaide. While smaller in scale and more vibrant in colour than that by Schmalz is remarkably faithful to the original. Amy Bosworth, a student at Adelaide’s School of Design, may have copied the picture during her training. It may be no coincidence, however, that Zenobia was also an inspiration for the Suffragette movement and that women campaigning in Southern Australia for the vote wrote to the press using the pseudonyms of formidable women from Antiquity including Zenobia.

Queen Zenobia certainly looks fierce @PlinyinTorquay and solid - could be K in the future, defeated and looking across the failed Tuscan chicken coop and pigsties and knowing her campaign to conquer Italy had failed 😬

Love the Corinthian columns in the painting and would personally prefer those curling, elegant acanthus leaves to the stolid and unadorned lines of the Tuscan🏛

63733389-6FC2-4A86-9B3B-F35599EC8EA2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This conversation has taken a very creative turn. I’m here for the sass you all serve. 😂😂😂 It is many times more entertaining than K last videos for sure. And the painting analogy is chef’s kiss.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love the columns analogy for the balance and proportion of clothing to a frame! Has anyone else heard of the work of David Kibbe and his theories about how to achieve visual balance and proportion by considering the lines formed by each person’s unique bone structure and flesh? For anyone interested, here’s one of the more helpful discussions of his theory:

https://theconceptwardrobe.com/kibbe-body-types/an-introduction-to-the-kibbe-body-types

Many people eventually align their wardrobes with these principles through trial and error, but I appreciated learning this the easier way because I also (like @PlinyinTorquay mentioned) tend to buy things that I like aesthetically rather than necessarily what flatters!

Bringing this back to Kylie, I strongly suspect she is a Soft Natural, as this corresponds to a broader bone structure with some fleshiness. She seems to have figured out how to dress for her type, as most of what she wears is Soft Natural lines and it does look quite harmonious on her. The times when she does not wear her lines (the tight black evening dress and slicked-back hair from that luxury event several years ago comes to mind), her attire looks quite separate from her and is less flattering, IMO.

Reactions: 6
I love the columns analogy for the balance and proportion of clothing to a frame! Has anyone else heard of the work of David Kibbe and his theories about how to achieve visual balance and proportion by considering the lines formed by each person’s unique bone structure and flesh? For anyone interested, here’s one of the more helpful discussions of his theory:

https://theconceptwardrobe.com/kibbe-body-types/an-introduction-to-the-kibbe-body-types

Many people eventually align their wardrobes with these principles through trial and error, but I appreciated learning this the easier way because I also (like @PlinyinTorquay mentioned) tend to buy things that I like aesthetically rather than necessarily what flatters!

Bringing this back to Kylie, I strongly suspect she is a Soft Natural, as this corresponds to a broader bone structure with some fleshiness. She seems to have figured out how to dress for her type, as most of what she wears is Soft Natural lines and it does look quite harmonious on her. The times when she does not wear her lines (the tight black evening dress and slicked-back hair from that luxury event several years ago comes to mind), her attire looks quite separate from her and is less flattering, IMO.
Yes! Thank you for mentioning the Kibbe system. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it can be very helpful I believe. She might be Soft natural but I think her facial features are a bit more in alignment with just Natural, smaller eyes and lips but proportionate to her own face, a soft natural usually has some facial feature that is also more prominent, for example fuller lips or larger eyes. Also if she is taller than the average woman I can see how she may fit a bit more with the Natural type but nonetheless it is a small difference in the bigger picture.
I do also think that she has figured out what works with her lines but I don’t really think she has developed her style. I’m sorry to say, it’s not hate but the majority of her outfits are very plain and lack an all over rounded approach and styling. Lately especially it is the very much exploited french girl aesthetic (Rouge dresses), you can’t read her unique touch in the way she dresses. Of course that is not a must by any stretch of the imagination, but for someone who makes an effort to appear well put together and move around a higher class circle of people and present herself as ‘different’ and better than most it is rather expected. Or at least that’s how I feel. All Italians I’ve seen who were holding themselves to a higher standard or who made a conscious effort with their clothing tend to be quite stylish, and that is outside of already knowing what looks good with their lines. Unfortunately I don’t find that to be the case with K who as previously discussed in the forum really tries to break into the circle of the higher class. Maybe that is because, again as mentioned earlier, she doesn’t have a true personality but rather shifts and bends herself to fit what’s current. Just a thought.

Love the Corinthian columns in the painting and would personally prefer those curling, elegant acanthus leaves to the stolid and unadorned lines of the Tuscan🏛
@Antonio I have to say I've never thought of myself as one of the classical orders, however, I do know, that if I were a biscuit, I wouldn't like to be a Custard Cream! 🤣.

• Haha
Yes! Thank you for mentioning the Kibbe system. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it can be very helpful I believe. She might be Soft natural but I think her facial features are a bit more in alignment with just Natural, smaller eyes and lips but proportionate to her own face, a soft natural usually has some facial feature that is also more prominent, for example fuller lips or larger eyes. Also if she is taller than the average woman I can see how she may fit a bit more with the Natural type but nonetheless it is a small difference in the bigger picture.
I do also think that she has figured out what works with her lines but I don’t really think she has developed her style. I’m sorry to say, it’s not hate but the majority of her outfits are very plain and lack an all over rounded approach and styling. Lately especially it is the very much exploited french girl aesthetic (Rouge dresses), you can’t read her unique touch in the way she dresses. Of course that is not a must by any stretch of the imagination, but for someone who makes an effort to appear well put together and move around a higher class circle of people and present herself as ‘different’ and better than most it is rather expected. Or at least that’s how I feel. All Italians I’ve seen who were holding themselves to a higher standard or who made a conscious effort with their clothing tend to be quite stylish, and that is outside of already knowing what looks good with their lines. Unfortunately I don’t find that to be the case with K who as previously discussed in the forum really tries to break into the circle of the higher class. Maybe that is because, again as mentioned earlier, she doesn’t have a true personality but rather shifts and bends herself to fit what’s current. Just a thought.
I think you may be right, both about the Natural vs. Soft Natural Kibbe assessment and about her style aesthetic. I wasn’t familiar with Rouje so checked out their website. It was like I had opened up a wardrobe containing every outfit Kylie has appeared in in her videos! (With the exception of the one made out of tea towels or whatever, but even that looked like something Rouje would sell). SO many twee micro-florals.

It’s fascinating that her entire style seems to fit neatly into just one store’s lineup. I wonder, what would the Bottega Flavell clothes have looked like, if everything it seems she likes is already manufactured by Rouje?

Hone
I think you may be right, both about the Natural vs. Soft Natural Kibbe assessment and about her style aesthetic. I wasn’t familiar with Rouje so checked out their website. It was like I had opened up a wardrobe containing every outfit Kylie has appeared in in her videos! (With the exception of the one made out of tea towels or whatever, but even that looked like something Rouje would sell). SO many twee micro-florals.

It’s fascinating that her entire style seems to fit neatly into just one store’s lineup. I wonder, what would the Bottega Flavell clothes have looked like, if everything it seems she likes is already manufactured by Rouje?
Honestly, I don’t think there will be a fashion label. At least not in the next few years. She will probably get pregnant soon and maybe even vanish from YouTube. The quality of her content is already declining.

Reactions: 4
This painting is a copy of the original acquired in 1890 by the Art Gallery of South Australia in Adelaide.
The Art Gallery of South Australia is a very interesting albeit small Gallery. South Australia has the particular claim of being the only state of Australia’s 6 states and 2 territories that was settled by free settlers not by the deported convicts from England …fortunately it also has a wonderful collection of First Nations and indigenous art …if you are ever in Aus …Adelaide is best in March because it is a very very hot climate. The state produces the most wine of all Australia with the Barossa, Claire Valley spouting German / French and Italian varieties, McClaren and Adelaide Hills in the mix …there is a fantastic oyster and wine bar with a very intriguing ice machine and a really crisp variety of wine to have with your choice of shellfish fish etc ..you can sit in the window in the warm evening or hot day time in the cool shade…it’s for sure authentic…
I love this painting I’ll check it out next time I’m there
I think Kylie was always mostly boring ( Christmas video was pretty) but she used travel and interviews to make for interesting content …at .some point she was crapping on about having an easel set up in her fresco apartment in Florence with her goals and tasks for the day/week/ month written on it in special calligraphy..at that point I think I just got fed up with her “details” fixation …As an artist and maker myself I’m well aware of details and the effort it takes to pay attention to them and/or hide them as is required …but believe me I don’t fricken we’ll write out a mood board in special calligraphy each week ffs 🤦🏽‍♀️

@Antonio I have to say I've never thought of myself as one of the classical orders, however, I do know, that if I were a biscuit, I wouldn't like to be a Custard Cream! 🤣.
I think I would be a macaroon ( not to be with macaron )

Kylie dresses is as in everything else she does, by copying something she has seen elsewhere…her life is spent acting from a position of aspiration not from intrinsic or instinctive style .
Here in Australia we are lucky to live largely outside of any traditional class system, so she would not be that concerned about dressing like a certain class of person, although there are obvious dress codes adopted by socio economic and cultural ethnicity…someone of KFs ilk would most likely have spent just waaaay too much time imitating those around her …once it was global citizen nomad, then it was Berlin blogger funkt, now Tuscan bride bla blah blergh

Last edited:
  • Haha
I love this painting I’ll check it out next time I’m there
@nostoneunturned Yes, the copy in Qatar by Amy Bosworth is with a private collector who kindly loaned it to the Syria Matters exhibition. I was starting to research her story, and a very good friend of mine in Sydney introduced me to Trove, where I could look at the Press coverage. I was particularly interested in the Suffragette Movement at the end of 19C beginning of 20C in Australia. I realised that ladies were writing to the press with pseudonyms such as Zenobia, Cleopatra, etc. Even more intriguing is the fact that Amy Bosworth's father was an MP who, I believe, was opposed to women's freedom to vote. So I think there's an interesting story to be told there. Sadly, I suspect Amy's Zenobia was a brief moment of youthful rebellion as she mainly practised botanical/flower painting which was considered a 'polite' and 'feminine' art. A lot of her work was deaccessioned from the Adelaide gallery at some stage. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/

• Heart
I love the architecture tangent here too …can we talk about arches? …that’s what I would be if I was an element of architecture…or an aqueduct

Reactions: 2
She promoted the video again in her Stories. Views are....not great.
The Farmhouse series seemed to get the most views by a wide margin. I assume bc there is a large audiance for renos in general (not my cup of tea!)

I don't have high expectations for the Tuscany series, if/when she will post them. I have a feeling they will be rather short and more scenes of Guido grinning and not knowing what to do, perhaps an interview with some nonna in town, Kylie sauntering down narrow streets....