Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Possibly. It's seems like she has lost her way and doesn't know what to post/vlog anymore. Her life is kinda dull now in my opinion unless you are a god fearing conservative that has an idealised view of life in Italy. I don't think her current crop of worshipping admirers were ever her intended audience but now, in these Covid times, she has realised their worth and her content is aimed solely at them...and they love it...and we hate it! To be honest, I never loved her work before but I did find it entertaining in a scab picking kind of way. Sorry a bit gross there.
I am replying to my own post as I feel bad that I wrote "hate" and then didn't get around to editing it in time.

they love it...and we don't. That's better. No hate here.

Reactions: 5
I am similarly disenchanted with Kylie Flavell. An Italian friend introduced me to her videos because I had some questions regarding a future move to Italy for work purposes, and he thought her advice regarding her own move might be helpful. In some regards it was, e.g. advice about internet, heating bills etc. However, I became increasingly irritated by her faux elitist and superior attitude. This forum often draws attention to her stereotypical view of Italy/Italians, yet she also stereotypes Australians. For instance, I recall in one of her videos she said she had to leave Australia because Australia has no culture and Australians are merely sport obsessed. Its completely untrue, there are many intellectual and cultured people in Australia, who like or don't like sport! But let us imagine that it is true for a moment, that is to say, that Australians are all uncouth and ignorant, what does this culture magnet do when she gets to Italy, does she do a higher degree in humanities at Bologna University? No, she involves herself in the Youtube hustle, whilst maintaining a pretense of superiority. Indeed, she is the very epitome of the uncultured, inelegant Australian that she professes to be escaping from! Certainly a refined personality would not beg for money on a public platform - unless said person was truly in desperate need. At best she is a hobbyist with no serious skills or training - Drone pilot aside, pretending to be more accomplished than she is. Which is not to say that I have a problem with people who want a simple life. I often fantasize about leaving my competitive work environment for a quieter life. But I do have a problem with people pretending to be something that they are not. Don't get me started on the white shoes and the tea-bags - surely somebody with Kylie's aesthetic sense would buy loose-leaf tea and a teapot!
Very interesting comment and observation. I recently made a comment as to why would anyone want to watch videos about Australians who rebuild a boat inside a barn in Italy. I was referencing KyLIE and her family who seem to have glommed onto Italian culture without any true knowledge (remember her instruction that to order coffee in a cafe, you have to speak perfect Italian ?) and she seems to epitomize the word “uncouth” and “uncultured”, the very opposite of how she wants to be seen.

It is this forced perception that she imposes on others (blocking unflattering comments) that signals she is not that cultured at all and which grates against our senses. And asking money in the process !

I would prefer to listen to someone who is ignorant and striving for knowledge than someone who thinks they know it all and is ignorant.

I’ve never been to Australia(only (New Zealand, closest I got). I know the stereotypes promoted by movies; it’s a big country, it’s vastness feels formidable. I’d be interested in hearing more about how KyLIE fits into Australian culture and why she does what she does and the way she does it, from your point of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I am similarly disenchanted with Kylie Flavell. An Italian friend introduced me to her videos because I had some questions regarding a future move to Italy for work purposes, and he thought her advice regarding her own move might be helpful. In some regards it was, e.g. advice about internet, heating bills etc. However, I became increasingly irritated by her faux elitist and superior attitude. This forum often draws attention to her stereotypical view of Italy/Italians, yet she also stereotypes Australians. For instance, I recall in one of her videos she said she had to leave Australia because Australia has no culture and Australians are merely sport obsessed. Its completely untrue, there are many intellectual and cultured people in Australia, who like or don't like sport! But let us imagine that it is true for a moment, that is to say, that Australians are all uncouth and ignorant, what does this culture magnet do when she gets to Italy, does she do a higher degree in humanities at Bologna University? No, she involves herself in the Youtube hustle, whilst maintaining a pretense of superiority. Indeed, she is the very epitome of the uncultured, inelegant Australian that she professes to be escaping from! Certainly a refined personality would not beg for money on a public platform - unless said person was truly in desperate need. At best she is a hobbyist with no serious skills or training - Drone pilot aside, pretending to be more accomplished than she is. Which is not to say that I have a problem with people who want a simple life. I often fantasize about leaving my competitive work environment for a quieter life. But I do have a problem with people pretending to be something that they are not. Don't get me started on the white shoes and the tea-bags - surely somebody with Kylie's aesthetic sense would buy loose-leaf tea and a teapot!
I also feel you captured the sense of superiority well. It’s highly unlikely that in a country as big as Australia there are no well educated and interesting people. And let’s not forget that K’s education was in Italian cinema or something of that kind. How many parole were in that program? Did she meet students studying other subjects? In university you can find all kinds of people with different interests. Leads me to think she didn’t.

In some videos she has played podcasts in the background to make it more ‘intellectual’ I suppose. However the audience isn’t less cultured than her, I recognised them and probably others who watch her videos😂 One time it was Sam Harris’ Making sense podcast- it does require some level of intelligence and interest in different topics as he usually invites people from various different backgrounds and they speak on topics that may not be the taste of the local pub guys I guess. However not everyone is your local careless drunk guy or girl. It’s dismissive and at this point I’m sure that K adds these clips just to sound more educated and deep. Another time she had added Alain de Botton if I’m not mistaken and there was a comment under the video asking her what she thought of the fact that he often makes the point that it’s dangerous to over romanticise. Needless to say, she didn’t respond, I’m now thinking she might have missed that comment, otherwise it would have probably been deleted.
The superiority complex is strong, she may like Italy and like it more than Australia but with everything written in this forum about her, I think that she twists reality in a way that suits her. Who knows wether she left Australia truly because she preferred the Mediterranean life or for some other reason and then twisted reality to make herself feel good. At this point I am sceptical of everything that she says and has said.

Kylie has presented to the YouToob world as much of her Antipodean background as she prepared to, the fact she is from Australia is incidental to her Grecian heritage and adopted Italian persona. She displays very little affection for the land she was born in and as far as supporting or embracing the fact that she is from here, has spent the best part of her adult life wishing she wasn’t. As she was home schooled 😵💫🙄she may well have few real school pals from the past. Poor woman, firstly to be so unable to be comfortable with her past, secondly to shun a great country that is quite rich with great minds and passionate artists, innovators AND sports peoples. On this point Italy could be considered more obsessed with sports than Australia and I can’t see what the problem with loving sports is considering the mental health and obvious physical benefits are. For people outside of religious affiliation being part of a sporting club amateur or professional is a sense of belonging and comfort very necessary. Finally while she claims to be “not like other girls” and all the other assertions she makes because god forbid she might share something with the rest of female humanity, there are many women just like her in Australia. Koils is someone who has spent a good deal of time aspiring to be something. I won’t label her because most of the labels are too provincial to register . From a fellow Australian she is a let down ( to put it mildly) because in the last couple of years she has 💯 missed an opportunity to use her platform to be some sort of empath in what has been some tough times for many and continues as I write this. In fact I have yet to see KyLIE do anything 💯 charitable, it’s always been in someway to do with her profile first .
Everything that she claims in her bio, has been unpicked here in these threads and exposed as something that amounts to and extremely talented __________. Fill in the blank …

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Thanks for your question Jerry. To be honest I think Kylie is, at heart, insecure, which is often the case with people who have a dose of the cultural cringe. I also think, despite her advanced years, Kylie is a bit immature, given she doesn't appear to be able to formulate nuanced views. For example, to dismiss Australia's cultural heritage is to dismiss a rich and significant indigenous history, a colorful convict heritage, and multiculturalism, among other things. Surely its better to embrace your heritage as well as your host culture (and to be open to critiques of both) instead of trying to morph into something you are not.

Kylie has presented to the YouToob world as much of her Antipodean background as she prepared to, the fact she is from Australia is incidental to her Grecian heritage and adopted Italian persona. She displays very little affection for the land she was born in and as far as supporting or embracing the fact that she is from here, has spent the best part of her adult life wishing she wasn’t. As she was home schooled 😵💫🙄she may well have few real school pals from the past. Poor woman, firstly to be so unable to be comfortable with her past, secondly to shun a great country that is quite rich with great minds and passionate artists, innovators AND sports peoples. On this point Italy could be considered more obsessed with sports than Australia and I can’t see what the problem with loving sports is considering the mental health and obvious physical benefits are. For people outside of religious affiliation being part of a sporting club amateur or professional is a sense of belonging and comfort very necessary. Finally while she claims to be “not like other girls” and all the other assertions she makes because god forbid she migh share something with the rest of female humanity, there are many women just like her in Australia, she is someone who has spent a good deal of time aspiring to be something. Everything that she claims in her bio, hasten unpicked here in these threads and exposed as something that amounts to and extremely talented __________. Fill in the blank …
I personally think she likes living abroad to be "different " in Australia she wouldn't particularly stand out but being a blonde australian who speaks good italian is a bit of a novelty in italy (or in Japan, for example)

I personally think she likes living abroad to be "different " in Australia she wouldn't particularly stand out but being a blonde australian who speaks good italian is a bit of a novelty in italy (or in Japan, for example)
Yep …aspires to be different, I’m yawning at the thought of how many people try to be different, no one likes a try-hard

Reactions: 4
From my perspective, a cultured person is someone who understands where they come from but that understanding is not complete until they reach out beyond their comfort zone to embrace, engage and aspire to knowledge of OTHER cultures as well. Being comfortable (and uncomfortable) with a multiple of cultures gives us the wisdom to be truly human and fulfilled, in my view.

Reactions: 2
I find it funny she rarely touches on her Greek heritage. Aside from claiming she cooked alongside her Greek gran as they spoke about love, she had never done a video about that side. No Greek meals or desserts, not even a brief segment about where in Greece her mother's family is from. The Greeks commenting under her videos asking about it get ignored.
I suppose she did mention her family sailing the Greek isles under her "Where to Honeymoon?" IG post...🙄

I find it funny she rarely touches on her Greek heritage. Aside from claiming she cooked alongside her Greek gran as they spoke about love, she had never done a video about that side. No Greek meals or desserts, not even a brief segment about where in Greece her mother's family is from. The Greeks commenting under her videos asking about it get ignored.
I suppose she did mention her family sailing the Greek isles under her "Where to Honeymoon?" IG post...🙄
I find it funny and it shows ignorance again. She probably doesn’t think Greece is very exiting. Or because it’s also a Mediterranean country Italy is better?? I don’t know what she might think… Anyway, it’s really ignorant because while I was in Florence our history professor always spoke about Ancient Greece with respect and referred to the Greek students in the class when discussing a topic. He asked them questions and always checked with them to be sure they agree with something non factual he said. Needless to say, as a professor he didn’t have to do any of that, yet he did because of his knowledge and respect for the ancient civilisation the western world comes from. Similar behaviour was observed from other professors. And there comes Kylie 😂😂 Such a stark contrast, it’s funny. It goes to show how much of a wannabe she is.

Last edited:
I find it funny and it shows ignorance again. She probably doesn’t think Greece is very exiting. Or because it’s also a Mediterranean country Italy is better?? I don’t know what she might think… Anyway, it’s really ignorant because while I was in Florence our history professor always spoke about Ancient Greece with respect and referred to the Greek students in the class when discussing a topic. He asked them questions and always checked with them to be sure they agree with something non factual he said. Needless to say, as a professor he didn’t have to do any of that, yet he did because of his knowledge and respect to the ancient civilisation the western world comes from. Similar behaviour was observed from other professors. And there comes Kylie 😂😂 Such a stark contrast, it’s funny. It goes to show how much of a wannabe she is.
Yes, I also have the idea she has a "hierarchy" of culture and Italian and French are at the top. Maybe because they have a strong "cinematic"(ahem) history and it's easier for her to latch onto and use for her own puposes. Maybe she's simply ignorant about her family history and simply enjoyed her Greek holidays (and now passport)?

Evidently her interest in Spain waned quickly, and I believe either @Alessandro or @Antonio wrote a bit more on her changing direction years back.

Yes, I also have the idea she has a "hierarchy" of culture and Italian and French are at the top. Maybe because they have a strong "cinematic"(ahem) history and it's easier for her to latch onto and use for her own puposes. Maybe she's simply ignorant about her family history and simply enjoyed her Greek holidays (and now passport)?

Evidently her interest in Spain waned quickly, and I believe either @Alessandro or @Antonio wrote a bit more on her changing direction years back.
You are probably right. It’s obvious that these countries are incredibly rich in history and culture but they tend to be some of the most exploited image wise. The Dolce vita and and the french girl style in Kylie’s case. Perfectly captures her wannabe aesthetic/persona. It’s not surprising that we find it somewhat boring.

her "personality" in Spain seemed very different, more like a kind of party girl drinking wine and eating paella with her hands or whatever it was in that article, rather than a "cultured" lady of the manor she seems to be presenting now

When I first started watching her videos, she was attempting to explain Italian culture. Trouble was, it became clear that she had little understanding; to the point of misinformation. Turns out her videos were about one thing; her.

Whatever true knowledge she had was subverted by her over romanticism that, inevitably and invariably, was utilized to highlight one thing; herself.

Reactions: 3
I find it annoying how she was trying to pass off the car hire receipt as the parents' while for all we know they never rented a car, otherwise she would have put up the real thing and anyway the prices for April/May when they arrived at Florence Airport are not so high as July/August. You can't trust anything she does or says starting with her age ffs sake.
Re her Greek heritage, if I remember correctly she said they came from Kithyra, which is one of the Ionian Islands in name but is far away from the others, a very poor underdeveloped island with a strong immigration to Australia so it never figured on her boasting list. But at least it has given her a Greek passport and hassle free stays in Europe .

I find it annoying how she was trying to pass off the car hire receipt as the parents' while for all we know they never rented a car, otherwise she would have put up the real thing and anyway the prices for April/May when they arrived at Florence Airport are not so high as July/August. You can't trust anything she does or says starting with her age ffs sake.
Re her Greek heritage, if I remember correctly she said they came from Kithyra, which is one of the Ionian Islands in name but is far away from the others, a very poor underdeveloped island with a strong immigration to Australia so it never figured on her boasting list. But at least it has given her a Greek passport and hassle free stays in Europe .
It’s not even a receipt, it’s a quote; you can see that from the options to change and to Checkout.

Prices have, shockingly, doubled after Covid to allow the companies to make back their losses, but, even at that, I can get a rental for under €2500 for a whole month(not 29days) for a comparable car with zero deductible insurance included.

You can get a whole range of prices: she chose the higher price to show.

It’s not even a receipt, it’s a quote; you can see that from the options to change and to Checkout.

Prices have, shockingly, doubled after Covid to allow the companies to make back their losses, but, even at that, I can get a rental for under €2500 for a whole month(not 29days) for a comparable car with zero deductible insurance included.

You can get a whole range of prices: she chose the higher price to show.
typical, this is just like her constant claiming that she always needs to buy new camera equipment etc

Reactions: 1
At best she is a hobbyist
Well said, Socrates. I'm glad you spotted the white shoes too ;)

Possibly. It's seems like she has lost her way and doesn't know what to post/vlog anymore. Her life is kinda dull now in my opinion unless you are a god fearing conservative that has an idealised view of life in Italy. I don't think her current crop of worshipping admirers were ever her intended audience but now, in these Covid times, she has realised their worth and her content is aimed solely at them...and they love it...and we hate it! To be honest, I never loved her work before but I did find it entertaining in a scab picking kind of way. Sorry a bit gross there.
Yes, Rina, I resented that and it was a contributory factor to my withdrawing patronage.

So true she never speaks of Greece, other than her way to get an E.U passport, which again puts her into a very small category of people that can go that route, and hence her experience of "making it" in Italy is of little use to most.

And what a rich authentic history she could delve into there, yet she chose not to for it is not Italy. (Yet Greece can easily stand up to Italy when it comes to all things cuisine and history) her loss.

Yes, the random car quote put on the screen is sailing quite close to fraud (sailing pun intended)

Would love to know how much she believes her own hype, and how much she is being blatantly cynical and playing to the crowd (fake laughs and potentially fabricated hire car receipt as examples).

I almost hope she is on the cynical side of the spectrum, then at least I could almost respect her for the snake oil salesman she is.

So true she never speaks of Greece, other than her way to get an E.U passport, which again puts her into a very small category of people that can go that route, and hence her experience of "making it" in Italy is of little use to most.

And what a rich authentic history she could delve into there, yet she chose not to for it is not Italy. (Yet Greece can easily stand up to Italy when it comes to all things cuisine and history) her loss.

Yes, the random car quote put on the screen is sailing quite close to fraud (sailing pun intended)

Would love to know how much she believes her own hype, and how much she is being blatantly cynical and playing to the crowd (fake laughs and potentially fabricated hire car receipt as examples).

I almost hope she is on the cynical side of the spectrum, then at least I could almost respect her for the snake oil salesman she is.
no I think she believes her own hype, honestly to make a youtube channel which is effectively just focused almost entirely on yourself you do need a certain level of "confidence" in yourself, shall we say. She strikes me as the kind of person who, as a child/young person, was always told by her parents how great she was in all areas which has basically led to her being very narcissistic

I was also surprised she never decided to learn greek, of course it is very difficult with the different alphabet and everything, but she did learn japanese

Reactions: 2