Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I think so too @emm, he already seems a bit grumpy and will soon tire of having a camera pushed into his face at every opportunity, as if he is a performing monkey in harness to her ego.

@PlinyinTorquay it was really interesting to hear you talk about it and the effects of Covid on everyone (except K of course in her Tuscan idyll). But it is your story to tell as you wish, somehow it seemed that Guido didn’t really have any say in it....
yeah I agree, I doubt after a long work day and a 2 hour commute to get home he will want to be on camera as she dances around holding a toilet brush :LOL: I follow another influencer who was in a vaguely similar situation (i.e. he had a normal job, she was full time youtube) and they broke up, having been engaged, in lockdown and it is so obvious looking back how increasingly annoyed he was being on camera and was no doubt a huge issue in the breakup (not saying I think they will ever breakup, with the whole religious aspect I assume neither of them would)

Reactions: 4
yeah I agree, I doubt after a long work day and a 2 hour commute to get home he will want to be on camera as she dances around holding a toilet brush :LOL: I follow another influencer who was in a vaguely similar situation (i.e. he had a normal job, she was full time youtube) and they broke up, having been engaged, in lockdown and it is so obvious looking back how increasingly annoyed he was being on camera and was no doubt a huge issue in the breakup (not saying I think they will ever breakup, with the whole religious aspect I assume neither of them would)
Is Kylie Catholic too? I do think all of this YouTube business must be a terrible strain on couples. I would hate it. I remember one YouTuber who videoed virtually every outing and almost every meal eaten with her b/f and their relationship ended and she seemed broken by it for a long while. The money and sponsorships might be attractive, but there's a huge price to pay at the end of the day. Also, this cannot last forever. What will these guys do if they ever have to get out and work at 'normal' 9 to 5 jobs? One of the things I resent is how many of these people get publishing contracts. I do write for a living in part (when I'm not canning fish in Penzance and trying to expand from mackerel into the anchovy market 🤣), and it's hard to get published in real life. But I don't want this to develop into a rant!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Is Kylie Catholic too? I do think all of this YouTube business must be a terrible strain on couples. I would hate it. I remember one YouTuber who videoed virtually every outing and almost every meal eaten with her b/f and their relationship ended and she seemed broken by it for a long while. The money and sponsorships might be attractive, but there's a huge price to pay at the end of the day. Also, this cannot last forever. What will these guys do if they ever have to get out and work at 'normal' 9 to 5 jobs? One of the things I resent is how many of these people get publishing contracts. I do write for a living in part (when I'm not canning fish in Penzance and trying to expand from mackerel into the anchovy market 🤣), and it's hard to get published in real life. But I don't want this to develop into a rant!
Hehehehe @PlinyinTorquay I’m sure you must feel a great sense of achievement expanding into anchovies 😂 But somehow I think you have writing (and being published) as the best part of your future!

Re Kylie being Catholic, well she isn’t. She has become one so she can marry Guido. But it’s completely against her ethos as she has always espoused the “me first” ideology of any millennial guru that has the temerity to step on to the Ted stage....

Reactions: 2
Her last boyfriend was in Montefiascone, exactly 2 hours drive from Florence; many vineyards, I visited Falesco winery there. I would guess they are east of Sienna, in Chianti; many rolling hills and farms.

Reactions: 3
I suppose I've mentioned I'm consulting with one but at least that's my story to tell.
But also you are anonymous here. Guido is not! If Kylie said that, makes you wonder. Hmmmm could go so many directions about intent but it's all speculation and not my place. But brain is spinning.

Reactions: 2
It’s a good thing if he seeks help to grow as an individual and a partner, in my view admirable. I just don’t see any rapport between them; until recently, all they talk about is business and, at that, they talk over one another. Kylie, especially, has no patience for him to finish as she appears not to listen but desperate to say what’s on her mind instead. He’s no better as he drones on without looking at her.

i don’t see any real affection between them, unless you count Kylie bodily flinging herself at him from time to time. All I think about is how much time it takes to set up the camera for her to be “spontaneous” !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Re Kylie being Catholic, well she isn’t. She has become one so she can marry Guido. But it’s completely against her ethos as she has always espoused the “me first” ideology of any millennial guru that has the temerity to step on to the Ted stage....
Yes I did wonder about the Catholic bit. A few weeks ago, or maybe more, she was covertly filming the mass in the little chapel on the estate which she added to her Insta account. I'm sure she just wanted to share it with her followers because it was so lovely and to see the interior of the chapel ... but I thought that that wasn't the best thing to do when Mass is in progress. Normally, I go into a fair amount of Churches in Italy and elsewhere but people have (rightly IMHO) been discouraged from photographing and filming when the local communities are there to pray and participate in their religious lives.

Also, I'm intrigued. I asked a question on K's channel but did not receive a reply and wonder whether @Alessandro or @Antonio might know ... with these chapels that are part of a family estate who attends mass there? Is it exclusively the family and people who work on the land, or do people living locally attend as well? I'm guessing the family does not have their own priest, but some priests go to these chapels on family estates to celebrate mass?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes I did wonder about the Catholic bit. A few weeks ago, or maybe more, she was covertly filming the mass in the little chapel on the estate which she added to her Insta account. I'm sure she just wanted to share it with her followers because it was so lovely and to see the interior of the chapel ... but I thought that that wasn't the best thing to do when Mass is in progress. Normally, I go into a fair amount of Churches in Italy and elsewhere but people have (rightly IMHO) been discouraged from photographing and filming when the local communities are there to pray and participate in their religious lives.

Also, I'm intrigued. I asked a question on K's channel but did not receive a reply and wonder whether @Alessandro or @Antonio might know ... with these chapels that are part of a family estate who attends mass there? Is it exclusively the family and people who work on the land, or do people living locally attend as well? I'm guessing the family does not have their own priest, but some priests go to these chapels on family estates to celebrate mass?
Agree about the photographing and filming @PlinyinTorquay during a mass which can be very disruptive with tourists doing it en masse. It’s an interesting question about the private chapels. My grand-parents have a consecrated chapel on their property in the south and when the village priest comes to celebrate a mass everyone is welcome although it is often just the family, people who work there and some locals unless it is a special occasion. As it is on private land strangers don’t just wander in even though the chapel is left open for people to pop for a prayer if they want.

By the way, I do have to say the chapel that Kylie keeps filming on Guido’s family place looks quite new i.e 1930s and is quite hulking and heavy architecturally. Has she said when it was built? I prefer the ancient, elegant ones that are quite tiny and full of atmosphere even if they are crumbling...

Last edited:
Agree about the photographing and filming @PlinyinTorquay during a mass which can be very disruptive with tourists doing it en masse. It’s an interesting question about the private chapels. My grand-parents have a consecrated chapel on their property in the south and when the village priest comes to celebrate a mass everyone is welcome although it is often just the family, people who work there and some locals unless it is a special occasion. As it is on private land strangers don’t just wander in even though the chapel is left open for people to pop for a prayer if they want.

By the way, I do have to say the chapel that Kylie keeps filming on Guido’s family place looks quite new i.e 1930s and is quite hulking and heavy architecturally. Has she said when it was built? I prefer the ancient, elegant ones that are quite tiny and full of atmosphere even if they are crumbling...
Thank you, @Antonio. Your grandparents' chapel sounds idyllic. Wouldn't that be a lovely theme for a book, with photographs of these chapels on private estates in Italy? I guess the problem with that is, possibly, families would get tourists wanting to visit them or just showing up on their land, which may not be welcome. No, Kylie hadn't mentioned when the chapel was built. I tried to ask about this but did not receive a response. This was part of my problem too; people could ask personal questions about whether G proposed or if she was pregnant, and that's okay, questions I consider impolite to ask, but it was impossible to draw her on the history of the buildings &c. Maybe she just didn't have an answer.

Her last boyfriend was in Montefiascone, exactly 2 hours drive from Florence; many vineyards, I visited Falesco winery there. I would guess they are east of Sienna, in Chianti; many rolling hills and farms.
How do you know? Was her last boyfriend a guy in the Iran videos? I still have no idea how or why that trip occurred for her

Thank you, @Antonio. Your grandparents' chapel sounds idyllic. Wouldn't that be a lovely theme for a book, with photographs of these chapels on private estates in Italy? I guess the problem with that is, possibly, families would get tourists wanting to visit them or just showing up on their land, which may not be welcome. No, Kylie hadn't mentioned when the chapel was built. I tried to ask about this but did not receive a response. This was part of my problem too; people could ask personal questions about whether G proposed or if she was pregnant, and that's okay, questions I consider impolite to ask, but it was impossible to draw her on the history of the buildings &c. Maybe she just didn't have an answer.
Also yes, in one of the videos the chapel is cited as built in 1932

One of my favourite churches/chapels (although called a cathedral) is in Sovana, very small village(122 pop.) in southern Tuscany; black and white stone stripe interior, fairly spare, but carries with it an atmosphere of simpler times.

I’ve also visited private chapels, usually marked with a sign inviting the public.

@emm can you still see the first Kylie Flavell thread? Also here are a few more points other tattlers made regarding Kylie's behaviour:

- presenting a consistently false and Disneyfied view of Italy especially under Covid

- encouraging unhealthy parasocial relationships with her followers by suggesting they give her gifts and write to her personally leading to potentially dangerous obsessions and disappointments when she doesn’t/can’t live up to what she has promised.

- aggressive/bullying response to any commentators that question her or her vlogs

- deleting any comments that don’t glorify how wonderful she is in every aspect or that suggest different ideas to hers or that point out issues with her videos

- creating a fake “cult” following that is only filled with an entirely one-sided sycophantic or fawning commentariat

- Claiming having little or no money so begging her Patreons to keep paying, meanwhile she is living a luxurious life that most Italians couldn’t dream of right now

I've had a lot to catch up on even being out of the tattler loop for a few days! I thought @Jerry's summation was really good too:

'I’m wondering about myself and why it is that The Kylie Show irritates and entertains me so much !

Here it is; She’s the worst kind of hypocrite, berating those who don’t make the effort to learn about the culture, while she misrepresents the same culture she purports to love and exploits the fantasies and ignorance of those who don’t know enough to realize she is lying.

She seems to be a narcissist, changing her colours to suit for the purpose of exploitation, whether it be for donations, patrons, gifts, rents, whatever. It’s all about her, never about anyone else.

She carries with her the worst of millennial culture of grievance, entitlement, poor me ism, privilege, while pleading poverty, playing up the child into adulthood, acting like it doesn’t matter.

She does injustice to the struggles of real Italians and lovers of this country, like me, who see and live the difficulties and absurdities every day, but still persist with the possibilities of being here.

She creates this lie without regard to the consequences for those who might follow her advice, whether arriving in this country thinking you have to speak perfect Italian to order a coffee, that Italians are a polite people in the english sense, taking on a restaurant/event space during lockdown and shutdown, sitting out in the sun for dinner during a scorching summer.

For anyone who knows and loves Italy and juxtaposes her self serving fantasies with their own both difficult and hard won joyous experiences, it is an insult.

The entertainment is from watching someone make a fool of themselves while they think they are making a fool of you.

Thank goodness for this forum to find other like minded individuals and for the opportunity to express this and to share. "
Wise Words. Totally bizarre way to lead your life . Infuriating that talentless , illiterate , narcissists gain a book deal which are ghosted because of their inability to string two words together. A huge comment on our society. I thought I was alone in finding them vacuous but Tattle has given me comfort that I am not .
🤔😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She will do WHATEVER it takes to become part of a noble Florentine family, Catholic? Chameleon effect - couple of seminars and it's done - no beliefs that cannot be overturned for such a ruthless go-getter. My idea is she will clinch the deal asap with a private religious ceremony and then pull out all the stops for her fans with a pseudo country reception in one of their mansions.....'rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, she shall have music.....' and a new fairy tale begins. How sickening.

I'm not sure why many of her fans are excited by this non-wedding? Have they missed the bit about it not being legal? Do they just not care? I can't imagine eagerly waiting to watch what amounts to a soap opera or cable movie plot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I really must do my homework and view more of her stuff -IG for example so I can comment here - never saw the chapel - maybe it was built when they renovated the property.Btw I found the photos that the father showed her of the reno fascinating as the estate like lots of others in Tuscany had been neglected and run down. photo too of the planting of the iconic cypress trees on the landscape - thought they'd been there forever

I'm not sure why many of her fans are excited by this non-wedding? Have they missed the bit about it not being legal?
What's the problem - still the papers?

Last edited:

I thought the same about filming mass! She did it another time as well. I felt she also wanted to show off it was in Italian lol, since in the one video she zoomed in on the prayer text. I've only seen tourists discouraged from taking photos and filming during mass, and those were in larger well known churches. It just felt disrespectful and once again, her being superficial , filming during worship.

I really must do my homework and view more of her stuff -IG for example so I can comment here - never saw the chapel - maybe it was built when they renovated the property.Btw I found the photos that the father showed her of the reno fascinating as the estate like lots of others in Tuscany had been neglected and run down. photo too of the planting of the iconic cypress trees on the landscape - thought they'd been there forever
Yes, she has to go to Australia for one. So it's only a "symbolic" wedding, with evidently few people attending.

Last edited:
I thought the same about filming mass! She did it another time as well. I felt she also wanted to show off it was in Italian lol, since in the one video she zoomed in on the prayer text. I've only seen tourists discouraged from taking photos and filming during mass, and those were in larger well known churches. It just felt disrespectful and once again, her being superficial , filming during worship.

Yes, she has to go to Australia for one. So it's only a "symbolic" wedding, with evidently few people attending.
I think she will try and hide it, but I imagine the wedding will be a huge disappointment, as someone so obsessed with disney and romance, and her rich husband I bet she wanted a huge grand wedding to throw it back in the faces of her ex's. Even if they are allowed guests (which is definitely not for certain) I cannot imagine it being nice to get married without your family if you are as close to them as she is

I checked the Health Min's site and I suppose her family could come, even from Australia (though they may be still in Spain??). However people are suggested to self isolate for 10 days, need a covid test and produce results, and arrive to their final destination by private means. I have a feeling they aren't the types to live by rules or inform themselves, much like Kylie.

Not sure at all why she even posted in her engagement video about the spring wedding other than out of ego and ignorance. Clearly she hadn't looked into documents and ignored that Tuscany was in the highest closure level well through that time? I've beaten this horse, I know, but it mystifies me how she could be so unprepared for something she "said" is so important. But now of course it is "just a day." I agree 100% that she will be disappointed.

Reactions: 5
I checked the Health Min's site and I suppose her family could come, even from Australia (though they may be still in Spain??). However people are suggested to self isolate for 10 days, need a covid test and produce results, and arrive to their final destination by private means. I have a feeling they aren't the types to live by rules or inform themselves, much like Kylie.

Not sure at all why she even posted in her engagement video about the spring wedding other than out of ego and ignorance. Clearly she hadn't looked into documents and ignored that Tuscany was in the highest closure level well through that time? I've beaten this horse, I know, but it mystifies me how she could be so unprepared for something she "said" is so important. But now of course it is "just a day." I agree 100% that she will be disappointed.
If I was an Australian citizen I would be quite apprehensive about leaving because it can be difficult to get back, I have friends who are citizens and over the past 2/3 months have had huge difficulties flying back from Europe with cancelled flights etc

It just proves how impractical she is, she is living in a total fantasy world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.