Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg, IG as well to monitor tho' I doubt if I will. What annoys me is that in spite of using fake laughter as punctuation throughout she has absolutely no sense of humour or irony. Just relentless self promotion and even using 3rd person narrative as a boost - "my mother says people will think you only cook on film but I know you love it...." or Guido "we both love the same things, good food etc etc"
And of course the real and fabricated comments just feed into her narcissism. Remember how seriously spooked she was when she discovered Tattle and answered all her followers 'hi Linda', hi Heather' etc to keep them close.😳
Yes and how Guido has sprung to life with this cool PR for his property, reeling off facts and figures - seems like one of those 'move to the sun' tv programmes rather than a romance. So different from the makeover to the kitchen when he told her she would have to finance it herself & kept himself off camera.

Reactions: 8
I am quite depressed that I was ever taken in by this woman.
But you are here now!! And you are not to blame if it takes some time to get disillusioned. People can be very good at hiding their true character. Sometimes we do need validation from others, to be sure we aren't being too cynical or too picky about people. So that's why people are here.

Reactions: 4
I’m sorry you feel taken in by Kylie. It seems you were not the only one, so not to feel bad.

I had an eye opening exchange with her over the first video I saw where her response was, in my opinion, outrageous. She reacted to my comment that she was stealing apples, even though in her video, they gleefully point out that they were.

The three of us in our family, here in Italy, sometimes sit down together to watch The Kylie Show. We roar with laughter and outrage at her impertinence and pretense. My wife has lived in Italy 20 years, our daughter all her 19 years and she readily recognized how ridiculous she behaves and immediately reacted. The US is my birth country and Canada my chosen home and I’m aware of the pull that Italy has on the imagination. I’ve been travelling to Italy for many years; love and the pandemic have kept me here.

The fantasy many people have of Italy clashes with the reality of living here. My wife snd daughter know firsthand how harsh it can be. We live daily with the absurdities, insults and assaults in the hope and conviction that it is ultimately worth it.

We don’t need Kylie’s narcissistic misrepresentations to make it worse or to see her deliberately exploit others with her fantasy.

It takes a strong commitment and determination, and love, to make it here.

Add to that a good dose of reality.

Last edited:
But you are here now!! And you are not to blame if it takes some time to get disillusioned. People can be very good at hiding their true character. Sometimes we do need validation from others, to be sure we aren't being too cynical or too picky about people. So that's why people are here.
@PlinyinTorquay Don't be too hard on yourself! When I started to become annoyed at Kylie's videos I would see the echo chamber of fawning comments on YT and IG and actually began to worry that I was becoming cynical, cruel, mean or jealous - this depsite knowing that comments can be faked, bought or deleted.

I find this very hard to admit but about a year ago, I almost joined her Patreon 😲 . I thought because I was enjoying the visual content it was right to contribute, but reconsidered when my OH was furloughed with the subsequent reduction in take-home pay. I am so glad I didn't as I would hate to have any connection with her, as it is I have never commented or engaged in any way. Now when I see her egocentric output, greed and hypocrisy (all while acting as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth) I am so relieved she never received a penny from me.

I was almost taken in and I usually have a good radar for grifters. At a previous job I was the first person to become suspicious of a man who was eventually jailed for defrauding the company. I was initially worried to say anything; I was new at the job, I had nothing concrete at that stage and he was a superior and he made everyone love him! I still feel terrible that I never said anything sooner on a hunch, someone higher up had a breakdown as the result of this happening on his watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't get why someone would VOLUNTEER to help someone else make money?!

@PlinyinTorquay Don't be too hard on yourself! When I started to become annoyed at Kylie's videos I would see the echo chamber of fawning comments on YT and IG and actually began to worry that I was becoming cynical, cruel, mean or jealous - this depsite knowing that comments can be faked, bought or deleted.

I find this very hard to admit but about a year ago, I almost joined her Patreon 😲 . I thought because I was enjoying the visual content it was right to contribute, but reconsidered when my OH was furloughed with the subsequent reduction in take-home pay. I am so glad I didn't as I would hate to have any connection with her, as it is I have never commented or engaged in any way. Now when I see her egocentric output, greed and hypocrisy (all while acting as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth) I am so relieved she never received a penny from me.

I was almost taken in and I usually have a good radar for grifters. At a previous job I was the first person to become suspicious of a man who was eventually jailed for defrauding the company. I was initially worried to say anything; I was new at the job, I had nothing concrete at that stage and he was a superior and he made everyone love him! I still feel terrible that I never said anything sooner on a hunch, someone higher up had a breakdown as the result of this happening on his watch.
yeah exactly, I think all of us here were at one time fans/followers of hers, when I set up this thread initally I was wondering if anyone would even reply as all of the comments I saw on her videos/social media were so endlessly positive and I wondered if I was the one being mean/overly picky about her content

I don't get why someone would VOLUNTEER to help someone else make money?!
@emm a few weeks back a woman was offering to be Kylie's PA to handle the volume of emails and DMs she gets from fans. Two things occurred to me, I don't think K's followers would take kindly to receiving responses from a secretary. Second, I believe K would be very difficult to work for.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
@emm a few weeks back a woman was offering to be Kylie's PA to handle the volume of emails and DMs she gets from fans. Two things occurred to me, I don't think K's followers would take kindly to receiving responses from a secretary. Second, I believe K would be very difficult to work for.
I 100% imagine her to be the kind of person to hire an unpaid "intern", except then she wouldn't be able to go on and on about being a one man band and unable to find anyone with her amazing work ethic :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I 100% imagine her to be the kind of person to hire an unpaid "intern", except then she wouldn't be able to go on and on about being a one man band and unable to find anyone with her amazing work ethic :rolleyes:
I remember some time ago mention on her website about working with/for her, I presumed at the time that she meant unpaid.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Yes! @VeeJayBee I remember that too. IIRC she wrote it would be unpaid bc she didn't have a budget for it. Lol

ETA: here is what I saw! A lot of work for not getting paid!!
Screenshot_20210507-135617.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I will readily admit, I'm not a brilliant judge of character. I always want to think the best of people and can take them too much at face value often becoming disillusioned down the line. I think she does seem plausible though at first, doesn't she? @Antonio, was there a brief moment in your acquaintance with Kylie that you thought she was plausible? Btw is her interview with yr. g/f on her channel or would you rather not say?
Hi @PlinyinTorquay, don’t be downhearted! It is always the kindest way to think the best of people. And I think Kylie works really hard to be as winning as possible. And yet you, along with everyone else here in our group, began to see the discrepancies between all of the cloying smiles and sweet words and her actual behaviour.

And narcissists do mould themselves into whatever shape needed to get what they want. They try and make everyone else seem wanting or deficient for not believing them but in reality the fault is theirs. Many people have written here they thought they were crazy questioning Kylie with all of the acres of obsequious comments - and then they found this forum and realised that we were discovering the truth behind Ms Flavell’s ruthless and self-serving trajectory.

Yes I too thought the toothy smile and buoyant energy were friendly enough when I first met her. But it didn’t take long to discern the arrogance underneath and a certain humourlessness that made it a bit heavy to spend time with her. To answer your question, the interview she did with my girlfriend was not done for her channel.😊

Reactions: 3
Yes! @VeeJayBee I remember that too. IIRC she wrote it would be unpaid bc she didn't have a budget for it. Lol

ETA: here is what I saw! A lot of work for not getting paid!!View attachment 563507
Love the “if you prove yourself valuable to the company, I may offer you paid work”!!! “Watching my camera, checking for quality control of every stitch and button (!!!) carting around equipment at dawn, packing, wrapping, errands, captions, research, writing, helping with new website and shop...Slave labour😬

And what happened to the sister - she scarpered after a couple of weeks of “working” with Kylie😅

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

ETA: here is what I saw! A lot of work for not getting paid!!View attachment 563507
I wonder is she had any applicants! imagine advertising an unpaid position as being tedious :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: most people want to sell how useful a learning experience an unpaid position will be, to me it just reads like "you will do all the things I find boring so cba"

• Haha

I don’t normally like to swear, but this would be warranted here. This is beyond arrogant; she may as well have been advertising for a slave. To have the gall to specify each little thing expected, including, “checking for quality control of every stitch and button of every garment that is sent to customers...”

“Carrying equipment to locations with me”; in her Adobe video, she praises herself for doing everything on her own, including carrying all her equipment.

What nerve !

Reactions: 7
I wonder is she had any applicants! imagine advertising an unpaid position as being tedious :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: most people want to sell how useful a learning experience an unpaid position will be, to me it just reads like "you will do all the things I find boring so cba"
And she wanted more than one intern, more evidence of her greed. One minion for deskbound remote drudgery, another for IRL donkey work.

• Angry
Well at least we were spared the “Ah siii’s” in this new video but lots of showing off the engagement ring flashing in every shot of her peeling artichokes🙄 She couldn’t do a longer video because of the broken camera, SD card yada yada yada

Kylie says the wedding is going ahead this month 😳 regardless of Covid restrictions, she’s trying to get her family into Italy and no mention of the “I found Jesus Ragù” and it’s effect on the priest. So I am assuming the pleading hasn’t lead to them being allowed to marry in the church. Why this unseemly haste @Denise0211 @emm @Appleblossom @PlinyinTorquay ???

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.