Krusties #3 The Star Paws trilogy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
too late now.
Oh I'm sorry you've been left waiting again. No wonder you're anxious but chin up my lovely...I'm sure you'll hear in the next few days. We're all here for you and I have my leather skirt on today😘
Let's say my neurologist was impressed🤣
I've been offered new scans this afternoon, I'm happy about new scans because its been so long since the last ones. I'll be back shortly!X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh I'm sorry you've been left waiting again. No wonder you're anxious but chin up my lovely...I'm sure you'll hear in the next few days. We're all here for you and I have my leather skirt on today😘
Let's say my neurologist was impressed🤣
I've been offered new scans this afternoon, I'm happy about new scans because its been so long since the last ones. I'll be back shortly!X
You still owe me photo's from a few days ago.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
MrsEms hope you are ok you keep going missing.

You are very posh and I am very not posh could you think of me as your poor, lowly sister that is locked away of an evening?

Always had problems with my feet talk about breaking them I think my feel need breaking in. Mums solution basin of hot water, salt and vinegar and soak them

I am rambling bored and tired
Poor Dick Madeley had to leave I’m a Celeriac still got full pay. I wonder if his nose was bent out of shape?

I’m off night all
Be good to the bugs, they can’t shop at Tesco due to Covid restrictions

• Heart
  • Haha
Right if you’re not into sewing shut your ears

Pink Squirrel this is a list of suitable sewing machines in your price range

JL110 and JL111 from John Lewis
The JL110 is £125, comes with 2 year guarantee in 7 different colours including white
Reviews for this and JL111 are very good. Solid machines, good range of stitches, easy to use, great instruction manual.

The JL111 comes in 3 different prints including dogs and ditsy flowers, on offer at the mo.

Brother XN1700 from John Lewis
3 year guarantee, £100.
Easy to use, few more stitches than the JL110 and 111. Has DVD instruction manual which is easy to understand.

From Argos
Brother LS14S, £80
3 year guarantee, 14 built in stitches, easy to use although a few people said difficult to thread needle

Singer Start 1306
2 year guarantee, £110
The start models as the name implies specifically for complete beginners, ideal for children. Very easy to use but only has 6 built in stitches.
Lots of reviews on this in the main good but because of number of stitches it has your child might grow out of it quickly.

if it was up to me I would love one of the John Lewis models as they look nice and are solidly built also always found their customer service to be very good but it’s up to you,

hope that’s ok
Cheers
I've done lots of sewing over the years, started on a 40 year old New Home one from Bainbridges (John Lewis now) which I still have today. It's got me through kids clothes making, soft furnishings/curtains galore. Mr SoS bought me a fancy Singer one 3/4 years ago but although it had lots of fancy stitches it's just not got the solid feel as my New Home one which I still go back to.

The JL machines look very nice and easy to use IMO. I don't know if they still do, but the JL haberdashery dept used to have a lady (never saw a gent sorry!) demonstrating the most popular machines and you could actually have a try yourself before committing, not sure if that facility still exists in the stores anymore but if it does I'm sure they'll be happy to advise you.

Reactions: 9
I've done lots of sewing over the years, started on a 40 year old New Home one from Bainbridges (John Lewis now) which I still have today. It's got me through kids clothes making, soft furnishings/curtains galore. Mr SoS bought me a fancy Singer one 3/4 years ago but although it had lots of fancy stitches it's just not got the solid feel as my New Home one which I still go back to.

The JL machines look very nice and easy to use IMO. I don't know if they still do, but the JL haberdashery dept used to have a lady (never saw a gent sorry!) demonstrating the most popular machines and you could actually have a try yourself before committing, not sure if that facility still exists in the stores anymore but if it does I'm sure they'll be happy to advise you.
I only started sewing a few years ago. I began by using mums machine an old Necchi which was incredibly complicated to thread. Mum had to do it for me and you had to make sure you left a long thread otherwise it would unthread. Consequently my first sewing consisted of lots of shouting “mum” every five minutes. In the end it broke down and the bloke at the shop said it would be too expensive to repair so I bought a Janome and have used that ever since.

I’m sure you’re right they do demonstrate in John Lewis, they did when I bought my old Hoover. Our John Lewis used to have a lovely habadashery section then it closed down. The whole store I mean. Very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They still demonstrate hoovers Harry, passed them doing it the other week!
Janome used to be New Home, see every day a school day!
Still love the haberdashery department, even the name fills me with joy!

Evening all 👽🤗❤😘 hope you're all ok today and surviving the cold xx sorry you haven't had your call @265. At least ring on Monday if you haven't heard anything to see when you're likely to get your results. Then if you know it will be a while yet, you can go to work & take your mind off it. I'd be going mad just sat waiting bored shitless at home 😘xx

@Pink Squirrel I'm not butting in lovely but I've got a Janome petite, had it years. It's a really good little machine, ideal for a child beginner I'd say. They're £85 in Dunelm at the minute 😊😊👍 you could go have a nosey & the sewing department in there would have all-sorts of little stocking fillers too ❤ I've made curtains & everything on it when I used to have the time xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
too late now.
Hi @265 Are you sure you can not call during the weekend? Hospitals never close❤ Keep calm and contact them as soon as you can. I would think they would have called by now if it was something really bad🌹just guessing of course. Try to stay positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If I’m fed up of tomato pasta sauce I will have butter and lots of grated Parmesan, it’s delicious. On the pasta I mean!
[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm glad you said on the pasta! I thought you meant smeared on your body😁

What's the best chat up lines you ever heard Krusties. We were talking about it in work today

• Haha
It's only been 7 days since the biopsy, I don't really think I should start phoning up
just yet. I've spoken to my office and they actually think I'm better off at home, it
wouldn't be wise to work with this hanging over my head plus if the hospital call
and want me in the same day I'm ready to go. SO far my situation has been dealt
with quickly so I don't think anyone is slacking plus you have to remember that the
hospitals are very busy right now.

Mum Made curry tonight, used a Colman's curry mix that we have not had before,
it was really nice. Makes a change from fish fingers and chips with parsley sauce.

Oh and if Pink lived near me could have my Mothers Singer sewing machine, it's
old but far better than the modern stuff.

• Heart
MrsEms hope you are ok you keep going missing.

You are very posh and I am very not posh could you think of me as your poor, lowly sister that is locked away of an evening?

Always had problems with my feet talk about breaking them I think my feel need breaking in. Mums solution basin of hot water, salt and vinegar and soak them

I am rambling bored and tired
Poor Dick Madeley had to leave I’m a Celeriac still got full pay. I wonder if his nose was bent out of shape?

I’m off night all
Be good to the bugs, they can’t shop at Tesco due to Covid restrictions
You've made me smile and laugh straight away😘😂 I haven't caught up yet. You are lovely and I'm not posh, just stuck up🤣 (joking)

I've been to the hospital today and then had a call to babysit! I could've done with some time to process some information but....🤦🏻‍♀️So now I'm free😊

Anyway I'm a little happy and frightened! I've been put forward for surgery again. So alot of scans and hospital stays. I've been through it before but apparently treatment and science has moved. I just don't know🤷‍♀️

It's only been 7 days since the biopsy, I don't really think I should start phoning up
just yet. I've spoken to my office and they actually think I'm better off at home, it
wouldn't be wise to work with this hanging over my head plus if the hospital call
and want me in the same day I'm ready to go. SO far my situation has been dealt
with quickly so I don't think anyone is slacking plus you have to remember that the
hospitals are very busy right now.

Mum Made curry tonight, used a Colman's curry mix that we have not had before,
it was really nice. Makes a change from fish fingers and chips with parsley sauce.

Oh and if Pink lived near me could have my Mothers Singer sewing machine, it's
old but far better than the modern stuff.
You should phone, just to check at least you're on a waiting call as such. If you do that then maybe...

when I put them on the washing line, I'll show you😘

• Heart
  • Wow
You've made me smile and laugh straight away😘😂 I haven't caught up yet. You are lovely and I'm not posh, just stuck up🤣 (joking)

I've been to the hospital today and then had a call to babysit! I could've done with some time to process some information but....🤦🏻‍♀️So now I'm free😊

Anyway I'm a little happy and frightened! I've been put forward for surgery again. So alot of scans and hospital stays. I've been through it before but apparently treatment and science has moved. I just don't know🤷‍♀️

You should phone, just to check at least you're on a waiting call as such. If you do that then maybe...

when I put them on the washing line, I'll show you😘
Well, if you see a strange woman with a scarf on her head with a black and white cat in a shopping trolley you’ll know it’s me. Don’t worry I don’t carry my lucky heather with me.

oh bless you, I would be petrified. I don’t know much about your condition, I just assumed they treated it with drugs nowadays.

Anyway we are all wishing you the best and sending you lots of love. Please look after yourself and rest before having the surgery. We need you on the meringues for the Christmas party. xx

Night lovey, God bless,
Night all

• Heart
Well, if you see a strange woman with a scarf on her head with a black and white cat in a shopping trolley you’ll know it’s me. Don’t worry I don’t carry my lucky heather with me.

oh bless you, I would be petrified. I don’t know much about your condition, I just assumed they treated it with drugs nowadays.

Anyway we are all wishing you the best and sending you lots of love. Please look after yourself and rest before having the surgery. We need you on the meringues for the Christmas party. xx

Night lovey, God bless,
Night all
Thankyou. I have a little while to go and alot of tests and then a big decision to take. The last time I had my mum to help me through it. I can't see me being strong or brave enough without her.
I will perk up tomorrow I'm sure. Party weekend and all that😘

Goodnight my lovely xx

• Heart
Nah, I'm not going to start chasing it up already.
I know why...you're just waiting for me to show you the skinny leather trousers aren't you?🤣 another week...I'll give in...🤣

Nah, I'm not going to start chasing it up already.

Oh BTW @MrsEms, what's your medical issue?
Epilepsy, brain damage...
I could reel out the long words but that's it. I may have brain surgery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry to hear, hope medical science can help.
I don't know what to do anymore. Its been 20 years of medications...that haven't worked. So much heartbreak for my family. I am worried about the risks. The risks from my seizures or the risk from surgery...which may not work.

And they'll shave my hair off...I got nice hair😂

Anyway, medical science is great. It will help you and me so we'll stay positive😉 xx

• Heart
Thank you for the sewing machine advice you lovely lot. I do love John Lewis. I shall go & have a look at Dunhelm @Facehugger

Snow, has anyone else got snow? It's been snowing here for an hour & a half now 🌨☃

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you for the sewing machine advice you lovely lot. I do love John Lewis. I shall go & have a look at Dunhelm @Facehugger

Snow, has anyone else got snow? It's been snowing here for an hour & a half now 🌨☃
Bloody bleeping snow 🤣🤣 I've got a dirty wet snow cat laid drying on my knee 🤣😻

I don't know what to do anymore. Its been 20 years of medications...that haven't worked. So much heartbreak for my family. I am worried about the risks. The risks from my seizures or the risk from surgery...which may not work.

And they'll shave my hair off...I got nice hair😂

Anyway, medical science is great. It will help you and me so we'll stay positive😉 xx
Love you Mrs E ❤ come what may, you've got us all to help you through it whatever happens and whatever you decide. We're all here for each other 👽🤗❤😘 xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.