Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stapleyourtongue

VIP Member
Oh yes Dolly. I was fully kitted out. I don't do things by halves. I went to work in a full reindeer suit at Christmas and was told to take it off. Had a right bollocking. Everybody thought it was funny except my boss. I was hot though so I was glad to take it off

You've done a great job. I have artificial grass and white stones around the border with a shed I erected myself. I don't have time to be up there mowing. I have too many willies to carve. Lol xx
Talking of Willie's MrsC, my Sister sent me this picture. She said this was a diseased willy
Screenshot_20220523-090657_Messenger.jpg

Then she sent me another one
Screenshot_20220523-090636_Messenger.jpg

If I had seen these, I'd had thought a couple of randy guys had been buried in a shallow grave 🤭😆🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Connie,that’s bloody awful,we have few things that happen round here at the moment peoples fucking front gates being knicked.🙁I haven’t got one,I think that some of their gates just slot in where as the connection shouldn’t be like that,but it’s still soddin awful.Hope you get some answers.🤞

Another thing is peoples plants that are in front garden disappearing as well.😡
Unfortunately the carers they have all seem to drive and park like complete and utter knobs! Quite a few times I’ve had to go round and make them move their car coz they’re hanging over our driveway….and on one occasion parked halfway across it! The irony is our pavements are huge so there’s no need for them to do it. Also one of her sons has had a skip parked in her driveway for the last 5+ years rather than having it in his own driveway so we get shit from that blowing into our garden 🤦‍♀️🤬

• Angry

VIP Member
I'm home, had a curry from the Chinese followed by a Magnum, working week is done!
Quiet weekend, got the front lawn to cut which I will do over the weekend, probably
Sunday because I want it to dry properly.

• Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I assume the dog will be watching too.

View attachment 1264921
Tiger says that he absolutely agrees - being in front of the fire is the best place to be but bugger political opinions :)

Well we are over halfway through The Job so tomorrow I get all the stripping of all those fannying-about bits around doorways & cupboards, repapering and then it'll be finished - HOORAH!!!! OH says he doesn't work this hard At Work, that I am a slavedriver and I really am ruddy Olga haha :) Now I am putting stuff back in place having cleaned up the mess so I'll post a pic or two tomorrow; Ciao xxx

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

VIP Member
Morning all, bit dull and murky and it's spitting with rain as I found out
when I brought the bins in. I think the weather will be better later in the
day which is when I will go out for a ride. Today I'm heading for another
garden centre, it's a place my parents used to go and it's a good 40
minutes ride away.

• Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
Just sitting here having a fink..really need to get my soddin Barnet done,I hate it this long not flattering on an old girl.Needs colouring as well may have blue as well as my usual pink,wish my hairdressers had a really platinum colour white as such.
Morning Dolly😊 I think I need to go to the hairdressers with you because I always come out looking the bloody same these days😂 I need some colour in my life😁 Pink and blue sounds great fun! I do like these platinum colours around now too, the silvery lilac ones are gorgeous. I've always wanted to go bright red...really red😍

Morning all! It's sunny today and we're not have a roast dinner😱 we're having a bbq!

• Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Glorious sunshine here Dolly albeit a bit windy - I've been bloody painting upstairs so I've not enjoyed any of it :(

• Heart

Stapleyourtongue

VIP Member
Morning folks...Happy Friday to you all..got a great week ahead of me heading around the UK to see whitesnakes farewell tour, rangers in the europa league final and the Scottish Cup final!...who could ask for more
Hope you have a lovely time and get some pictures of Whitesnake and post them on here Notty. They must be bald now 🤣

Did you know that calling a man bald is sexual harassment now...Oops!

• Haha
  • Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Oh and WOO HOO! The chap is here installing my precious water heater so I'll be able to have a shower later! Such bliss :)

• Heart
Damn just missed the wall basher! Spotted their car outside and yelled to hubby who was up in the loft…by the time I’d put on cropped leggings….didn’t want to run outside in my short shorts…they’d gone 🤦‍♀️…..I WILL catch them soon 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
So do you remember the house on the towpath on the corner of Penton Road that had the swimming pool in the garden?

It is Dolly….the old boy that owns Monty has got a couple of little dachshunds too.
I'm racking my brain but can't think of it....I know I probably would remember it if I saw picture. Though how could you forget a pool! I remember the houses across the river from the towpath... :love: :love: :love:

*I'm away to street view to jog my memory. lol

• Haha
  • Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Hi Krustpuffs,I see a Fb post on local group of mine,apparently a ladies washing line fell down in the night,all her clothes disappeared,knickers,socks bra included,erm all nicked by foxes..they do love clothes 🤣 shouldn’t laugh but we all know what foxes are like round here.🤣

• Haha
Staines/Laleham is what I’m on the border of now! My road is very long and depending where you live on it it’s classified as either Staines, Ashford or Laleham!
We were down at Penton Hook. Just up from the marina. It was lovely. I used to enjoy walking the river up to Staines. My partner worked down towards Egham, that's why we initially moved there. We wanted out of London for a bit but I missed it too much, so we went back. I think we were there for about 18 months in total. Good times. :D

• Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Morning all on a bright sunshine day here. Its supposed to be like this until the weekend (of course!) when its rain on saturday and storms on sunday. How typical eh?

Either way today I begin Phase II of the upstairs landing stripping off more of that horrid hairy wallpaper and depending on the state of the walls underneath whether I've got another day of filling to enjoy :( TBH there was a lot of it after I ripped it off the little hallway yesterday so rather than upset the binmen with it or trek 8ks to the depot with a bagfull of old wallcoverings I decided to burn it on my rubbish heap - but OMG! One click of the lighter and it went up in an instant, a raging inferno that stank of plastic in a filthy black choking smoke which left a seething bubbling mass of gunk on the ground that I quickly doused with water - and this stuff is all over our hallway upstairs! Well for me thats even more of a reason to get rid asap having seen that, so I shall bag it up and OH will take it when he takes his client's building rubbish to her depot instead - I tell you this though, if this place caught fire you'd never get out alive with all that molten plastic and acrid smoke bilging everywhere! Au revoir horrid hairy wallpaper

Of course you all know now that having put New Paint Against Old Paint the list is ever-increasing. That one little job has grown immensely and I shall be decorating for MONTHS now right through summer :)

• Wow
  • Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
Lovely red Ems,treat yourself..not cheap though is it?🥴Awwww a bbq eh?what’s the grub you are having?
It would be nice get my hair coloured but it's very long so would be very expensive! I use box dyes at home because I'm too tight and would rather spend it on my boat race fighting wrinkles🤣

Bbq food we got miso style steaks, cajun chicken skewers, salads, baby potatoes. Oh and sausages and burgers...apologies to any vegetarians reading that lot😬🤭

Morning everyone 👽🤗❤😘 happy Sunday folks xx lovely day here today. I'm going to get some outside jobs done later. Ems ❤ hope you're feeling better today 😘 xx
Morning hugger, hows you doing my lovely...up for a bbq?
My mouth is sore, I cant eat much which is irritating. A bbq is a really stupid idea...soup would've been better...or baby food🤣

• Heart

MrsCranky

VIP Member
Drags me out to sit in car while he's in the bank! Why??
Anyways wanted to post this for Mrs C that I saw in my garden last summer and it's on my phone so here I am, in car park tapping away. Lovely innit?
Lovely. It looks like a swallowtail. They are quite rare I know they can be found in the Norfolk Broads. Latin name: Papilio Machaon. Monarch butterflies are orange in colour. Thanks for the pic. Love MrsC xxxx

Morning all. It's a lovely morning. Ems can I raid your fancy dress stash for the next barn dance? I need some ideas x

Morning all😊

Morning harri, I'm glad babs has given up the only fans as it's not a breeze like people think it is...

Bloody hell I just can't wake up this morning. My alarm went off at 7am. I turned it off and accidentally fell back to sleep for 10 minutes🤦🏻‍♀️ Thankfully I heard my son going the shower so got up quickly. I make his packed lunch for him. Chicken tikka wraps, not an easy smell to deal with so early in the morning🤢 So everyone has gone to work and school. My daughter has an A level exam this morning bless her, she's relaxed about it which is good😊

I wonder what will happen to kp today then😁
Wishing your daughter the best of luck. Love MrsC xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart