Knappily Ever After

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One reason why we prefer going to WDW rather than DLP is the weather. You are almost always guaranteed good weather in Florida, not so in Paris. Also Paris a weekend break sort of trip not a 2 week holiday, I don't like France enough to spend longer there. Each to their own though.
weather goes without saying.

my main issue with vloggers like this. Is how reliant general followers become on these people being positioned as the font of all knowledge.

the Knapp’s have never been to DLP pre covid. Yet suddenly are experts on the parks there. Same with dvc and cruises. I’m guessing they got their info from someone else!?

Sophie and Dave did a Q&A yesterday too and were utterly clueless about changes at Disney world.

Reactions: 6
my main issue with vloggers like this. Is how reliant general followers become on these people being positioned as the font of all knowledge.
I'm into the double digit visits to DLP and I wouldn't have the nerve to attempt to show myself off as some sort of expert to friends, never mind the general public.

The YTers who get stuff blatantly wrong about DLP frustrate me, it keeps feeding echo chamber of false facts that circulate on Facebook. You can try all you want to correct and stop them, but it always ends up with some poor family's holiday imploding due to bad information.

Reactions: 4
One reason why we prefer going to WDW rather than DLP is the weather. You are almost always guaranteed good weather in Florida, not so in Paris. Also Paris a weekend break sort of trip not a 2 week holiday, I don't like France enough to spend longer there. Each to their own though.
Yes exactly, it is a completely different holiday...

I always feel like DLP gets done dirty, it’s a lovely park; I loved taking my 2 when they were smaller , loading up the car full of the baby bits, we always stayed in the Disneyland hotel and had a garden room, which to be fair was still thousands! My kids had a wonderful time ( as did we) it’s not Florida, but London and Texas aren’t anything alike either! Florida is my favorite but Paris will always have my heart a little, these vloggers are so disrespectful for the people who work so hard to manage to afford that park.
I'm hopefully heading in December after 2 dates moved and cannot wait! I love it, I haven' been to WDW but I love Paris due to the fact its not huge and tiring

Reactions: 2
There is nothing quite like walking down Main Street in the snow which is why DLP will always be my favourite.

I think comparing WDW and DLP is like comparing restaurants. They both have similar items on the menu, but they are done in different ways and each has its positives and negatives. Everyone will have a personal preference and it doesn’t make someone else’s choice wrong.

My issue comes with the “save your money and go to Florida / it’s crap compared to Florida / why bother when there’s Florida” attitude. Everyone’s situation is different, and for some people a trip every 2 years to DLP might be a huge financial undertaking. Brushing it off as an inferior experience is condescending, and to do it to the people who are ultimately funding your lifestyle with their views on YT is just mind blowing to me and does nothing but add to the cycle of debt people get themselves into trying to keep up with influencers.

Reactions: 15
There is nothing quite like walking down Main Street in the snow which is why DLP will always be my favourite.

I think comparing WDW and DLP is like comparing restaurants. They both have similar items on the menu, but they are done in different ways and each has its positives and negatives. Everyone will have a personal preference and it doesn’t make someone else’s choice wrong.

My issue comes with the “save your money and go to Florida / it’s crap compared to Florida / why bother when there’s Florida” attitude. Everyone’s situation is different, and for some people a trip every 2 years to DLP might be a huge financial undertaking. Brushing it off as an inferior experience is condescending, and to do it to the people who are ultimately funding your lifestyle with their views on YT is just mind blowing to me and does nothing but add to the cycle of debt people get themselves into trying to keep up with influencers.
Budgeting is big on the agenda though I think - will get to see how they budget for DLP, cruises, WDW trips, lounge fly, shopping, new cars, U.K. holidays….

No offence meant here. But weren’t you all moaning about her not caring much about her kids etc.

so she proposes closing her shop to focus on them and you take offence and criticise that too?!

Making YouTube vlogs is a much easier work load than running a small shop. If you’re dropping one it would be no doubt be the shop, I bet the growth in YouTube followership will earn more longer term.

I wonder why we get such tit content from Sophie and Dave who do sweet F.A.

😂😂
I wasn’t moaning just wondering why as like I said the girls are going to school full time now both of them. She only works 2 days a week for someone that has put so much time and effort into building a business why when your just getting some time would you quit and say it’s for family time ??

Reactions: 4
I wasn’t moaning just wondering why as like I said the girls are going to school full time now both of them. She only works 2 days a week for someone that has put so much time and effort into building a business why when your just getting some time would you quit and say it’s for family time ??
She can probably make more off YouTube now that she is doing the cruise and DLP again.
Now that she has 10k followers I assume she thinks the Ads and sponsorships are just around the corner.

Are the friends she is going on the cruise with vloggers too?. I cant imagine going on a holiday with my friends because I think it will bring me financial gain, then spend the whole time shoving a one camera or another in everyone's face. I love filming stuff have done since I was a teenager but if I go away with my best friend the camera comes out discreetly every now and again and I'm always so careful about filming where other people may be. Just makes you wonder if they are actually friends and if she really likes Disney as much as she says or she just thinks it will make her money/popular.

Reactions: 5
She can probably make more off YouTube now that she is doing the cruise and DLP again.
Now that she has 10k followers I assume she thinks the Ads and sponsorships are just around the corner.
I doubt that she will make much off you-tube as her views are tiny.

Reactions: 2
From the latest vlog "I don't know why it's so quiet, whether it's a Monday or the weather?" hasn't crossed her mind that maybe just maybe normal people don't want to visit a Disney theme park during a global pandemic!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just seen someone on my fb feed has said they've been scammed by Fabletics, that they bought 2 pairs of leggings in April 2019 and saw no communication about a subscription but has just found out she's been charged £44 a month since. Now I check my bank account regularly but this did make me research Fabletics and they have pretty bad reviews, particularly for sneaky payments. I hope Sian isn't causing people to be scammed...

Reactions: 1
Just seen someone on my fb feed has said they've been scammed by Fabletics, that they bought 2 pairs of leggings in April 2019 and saw no communication about a subscription but has just found out she's been charged £44 a month since. Now I check my bank account regularly but this did make me research Fabletics and they have pretty bad reviews, particularly for sneaky payments. I hope Sian isn't causing people to be scammed...
I know this is how they operate with a subscription but honestly how did this person not notice £44 a month going from their account since April 2019? And surely you get a delivery of something for this £44 🤔
Sounds very odd to me

Reactions: 9
Yeah that’s not being scammed, that’s not paying attention to the info on sign up & blaming someone for your own stupidity.

Reactions: 7
Yeah that’s not being scammed, that’s not paying attention to the info on sign up & blaming someone for your own stupidity.
100%!
So they have more money than they know what to do with and never check their account.....ever!
That is the only way this can happen in my opinion

Reactions: 3
100%!
So they have more money than they know what to do with and never check their account.....ever!
That is the only way this can happen in my opinion
I have no idea what she does but agreed I would notice that amount missing, presumably she didn't get packages monthly, but yes maybe she was posting only half the story for attention. I just thought it was interesting if you look Fabletics up they don't have the best rep.

Reactions: 1
So you pay £44 a month and get nothing for it? Does anybody know how it works?

This person obviously has more money than sense tho 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ahh the newest DLP vlog

“Didn’t know they were building a avengers campus here”

yes everyone, you should really trust these two idiots as a source of Disney knowledge 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.