Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KINGAA

VIP Member
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/killing-eve-could-continue-without-21908282 - I hope this isn’t necessarily true and she’s talking about what ifs, Villanelle is all I watch for - her dark humour is the best. It is worrying that Jodie is the only one not promoting the show, I noticed she deleted her Twitter (I can’t find her) but hasn’t posted anything about the show being out. Sandra has, and will be on Graham Norton this week.... praaaying Jodie hasn’t left/is leaving to become a Hollywood star

• Sad
Reactions: 4

KINGAA

VIP Member
So I cried 😭 when Konstantin was begging Villanelle to do something 😭😭😭
The face she pulled when carol made Konstantin get on his knees was amazing, you could see her lose all cares for him after what was revealed.

Kenny would not of been an accident, the wall around the roof was waist heigh, you see this when Eve throws the cake.

If season 4 is weekly I don’t think I’ll watch it weekly, will wait until it’s all out - as I think it plays better being binged

Dizzy

VIP Member
I just attempted epi 5 and turned it off after 25 mins I was so bored. What was the point of it? Why do we care about these people? Why are they all speaking English when they’re supposed to be Russian? What bearing does Elton John have on the story? I’m baffled! Baffled and bored!

hrh89

VIP Member
Got to say the scene with them all in the living room, Caroline on a revenge mission was absolutely excellent! Very tense and probably the most enjoyable scene of the whole series

KINGAA

VIP Member
They could of edited this and the last episode together - way too much filler. The finale better be good or I‘lol be mad. I’ve invested too much time to give up now!

Reactions: 3

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Watched episode 5 last night.
Completely agree with everyone about it being a filler episode. Kind of liked the bits with her mum being presented as a dark force as well, but it didn’t really add much in terms of Villanelle’s character.
Yep and the ‘let’s all sing along to Elton’ scene - just too contrived and felt like a bad Richard Curtis film!
Still really rate Jodie Comer - her acting is top notch - her facial expressions are 👌🏼 The guy they cast as her brother was a good match in that he looked so much like Jodie Comer!
Has anyone else read the books? I have - they’re a different tone to the series - obviously PWBridge set the tone in series 1 of it being a dark comedy. I really like how the second book concludes Eve’s and Villanelle’s culminating story and hope that if they go ahead with a 4th series, they’ll be faithful to the ending of the books and leave it there.
Jodie Comer has made a couple of films - I suspect she’ll still be in demand for a few years.
But yep, so far series 3 has been boring, directionless and with no central narrative or tension! Hope the last 3 episodes improve...

chocolate choux

VIP Member
The problem is the writers dont know where to go with it because the first series was mostly about them chasing each other and their sexual chemistry but by the second series the whole will they wont they gets a bit boring and its clear nothing is going to happen between them so its like what then?
I think the second series could have been done better, the storyline with the other female assassin and Villanelle’s jealousy was promising but executed badly. This series has nothing interesting driving it (at all imo though especially regarding Eve/Villanelle’s relationship). Yeah I’m failing to see the point too 🤷🏻‍♀️

bellinibobble

VIP Member
It's one of those, you watch because you've already invested a lot of time into the series. But the Konstantin scene last night just proved that I don't really care what happens anymore. Gemma Whelan was good in Game of Thrones but her character in this, plus the one she played in White House Farm, just makes her seem dull AF.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Watched a zoom with the cast, Jodie thinks they walk away from each other - I’m not here for another season of them seemingly moved on, not wanting to see each other, just miss each other by seconds and meet for 5 mins the whole season like this season - it would make this season make no sense as Villanelle though she killed her, Eve hated her... could of saved us some time with the boring cat and mouse game of season 3

Pocahontas

VIP Member
No this is Gemma Whelan, Jade in Corrie was played by someone called Lottie Henshall but I can see how you’d get them mixed up lol 😂
She (Gemma Whelan) was also in Game of Thrones as badass Yara Greyjoy

I was just reading up on Nikos character background and he’s polish but born in England so why does he sound Irish to me ????
The actor’s Irish but then character’s Polish ... seems to me they could have cast someone Polish / with a better Polish accent ?

I found it hard to keep track, the time line was everywhere - is rather it played out normally rather that seeing the episode character by character.

I loved Villanelle with the lady running around, can’t wait for her ep next week!
The chase game in the garden was my favourite bit

Horatio

VIP Member
I wish I could share the enthusiasm. The first series was such an amazing watch. So wonderfully unique but at the same time with many of the tropes that make all the best spy stories enjoyable.
I am struggling to find this any better than the last series. The characters are becoming cliches of themselves. Carolyn in the bath?! A baby in the bin?! I dont even understand where that baby came from, can't have been paying attention.
The fight on the bus was stupid in so many ways...

The teddy bear recording scene was good, though a Brighton Rock rip off / homage however you want to look at it.
And does no one else see how Jodie Comer is overacting in a way she didnt use to ? Wide eyes and camp evil grin is approaching ridicilous

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Haha all the Konstantin appreciation 😂 his laugh is so good - loved how they used it at the end.
ah... this episode was .. meh. Keep looking back with wistfulness to the first season and how at the end of episode 7 I couldn’t wait to see what happened in the finale, now I’m like let’s just get it over with.
and why do Villanelle’s outfits get more ludicrous?! Her clothes were mostly amazing to begin with but that green outfit was off the chart.
and if they don’t do something clever with the blandness of Geraldine - what a pointless character if not!

PurpleRox

I hate to say this as I love the show but I’m bored
Episode 2 and I’m playing my phone alongside it rather than the usual everyone leave me alone for the duration.

I’m bored 😩😩😩😩😩