Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KINGAA

VIP Member
I’ve watched it all, no interruptions and I have no idea either.... here’s what I do know - SPOILERS, if you could even call them that below:::

Villanelle got married and left her wife at the wedding, guess she’s still married?! She found her family that she knew nothing about in past series and the episode before yet somehow she remembered everything when she was there - villanelle has been full of plot holes. Oh she also doesn’t want to be a killer anymore.

Kenny died and his old workmates are figuring out what he was working on while Carolyn is trying to figure out what happened.

Geraldine arrived and has been annoying af the whole time, Konstantin gave her a magnet to spy on Carolyn.

Carolyn, same old same old. Her assistant was killed by Rhian after he uncovered something to do with Kenny.

Konstantin stole money from the 12, using Villanelle to help him escape to Cuba. Carolyns colleague is his handler and wants to know where the money is. His daughter killed her stepdad and is in prison and the whole season he’s been holding his chest which led to a heart attack.

Two people from 12 have been revealed, Helene who is something, we don’t know - we know she loves Villanelle being a killer and a new assassin Rhian.

Carolyn, same old same old. Her assistant was killed by Rhian after he uncovered something to do with Kenny.

Dasha arrived, took Villanelle from her wedding to be her handler... that’s about it. Oh and she tried to kill Nico.

Nico is still alive?!

and finally, the titular character Eve... nothing has happened still the same old Eve - hating / loving Villanelle and still doesn’t know what she wants barely any screen time really.

Reactions: 6

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I agree.
Spoiler coming up if you’ve nit yet watched it...

Also for the first time ever (I think) Villanelle showed some empathy by ensuring her brother and half brother were not in the house when she burnt it down.
True - she also showed empathy for the boy in the hospital at the beginning of series 2 (sort of 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow

Horatio

VIP Member
EDIT Haha we’ve basically posted the same at same time

- just an update half way through , wtf was that Elton John singalong scene?!

Did anyone else find it so contrived . It’s trying way to hard to make this iconic hilarious ment and it’s embarrassing

• Heart

CynicalV

In a show filled with psychopathic assassins, I've never hated a character more than I hate Geraldine.

• Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
I’ve never seen her in anything else but she just annoys me in this. She comes across so spineless and like a lovestruck teenager over Villanelle, despite having a lovely husband and knowing that Villanelle is a total psychopath.
Same, she led Villanelle on, played her then was like, naaahhh I don’t like you like that... even read an interview with Sandra and she was like there’s nothing sexual between them... but there is in Villanelles eyes and that’s so obvious. How can she not see that as an actor?!

I just don’t get what she wants from Villanelle - id enjoy just Villanelle without her.

hrh89

VIP Member
why is Jodie Comer so damn gorgeous though 😭😭

Im quite behind and only just starting series 3!

Konstantins laugh fills me with joy 😂

Last edited:

hrh89

VIP Member
This weeks was okay but still feels like it’s going nowhere. I really don’t think there’s much life left in this show. What even happened this week to move the plot along?? nothing. the stuff with Dasha is boring Caroline’s daughter is boring (is she actually as boring as she seems or will there be some big reveal???) eve is boring dare I say even villanelle is boring now. I cannot watch much more of eve just chasing after her. WHAT IS THE POINT

Reactions: 5
The bitter pill office was filmed in the old art school round the corner from me. I actually walked past the day they were filming a stuntman/kenny falling off the roof, although I didnt know that at the time. There was a huge inflatable thing to land on and tons of ambulance people on standby. And then when I watched episode one it all made sense!

Seaghweld

I'm loving the characters and the music and atmosphere, but it feels like this series isn't going anywhere. In the first series you're literally biting your knuckles when Eve and Villanelle meet. Now they meet, have a fight, then go their separate ways until the next fight.

Horatio

VIP Member
Awful episode. Not the character enriching celebration of writing they probably thought it was. I learnt nothing more about villanelle...“I want to feel like a child” we get it. Contrived and boring.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Read this potentially show changing spoiler on twitter, may not be true but rumour is
Konstantin is going to die
Honestly I bloody loved the series (well the first one and a bit at least) and if you’d told me that spoiler before the third series I’d be like fuck no

But at this point I don’t give a shit what happens to anyone and I hope that happens to the whole cast!

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
Just finished S3. Thought it was very poor, even Villanelle's clothes were a disappointment. Best episode for me was the one where all the stories came together, ending with Niko getting pitchforked. Not a popular one on here but I enjoy fractured time lines. Didn't like the back story one in Russia, but thought the casting of her elder brother was spot on.
He looked a lot like Jodie.

Hate the running jokes, Tangfastics, dung throwing etc. Konstantin's shout-laugh pisses me off. I don't buy into the Eve/Villanelle's relationship, very cringe at times. What happened to Villanelle's wife? And yes it was very contrived that Niko, Dasha and Konstantin all seemed to miraculously recover from their seemingly fatal incidents.

But really, the main thing I took from this series was how much I wanted to reach into the screen and slap Gemma Whelan's simpering character (Carolyn's daughter) round the face with a bag of Tangfastics.
Agree with every word here. And I think the failure of the fashion is a good metaphor for what’s gone wrong with the series in general.
Just like s1 was a surprise phenomenon , so too were the clothes. I must have read about five articles just focused on them at the time. You could buy certain pieces, people dressed up as villanelle for various things.
By the second series I already found it too knowing. Those pyjamas she wore at the start sold out of primark in an instant or so I heard. It wasn’t quite so on the nose though.
S3 was so painful because it was trying way too hard to recreate the things that made the first so good - the offbeat humour and cultural references (tangfastics- was never funny but good lord they kept at it ) Same thing with the clothes. She started to look like a fashion week catwalk (but a bad one) rather than a chic stylish woman with a good eye. Some of the outfits screamed ‘shout me out in a vogue style column I demand it !’
but they looked awful on her. Her entire wedding look was dreadful and it didn’t get better. Also why on earth did she need to get married ?! What did that bring ? Oh she’s moving on ...? Except that didn’t last five minutes. I guess it was meant to be funny and show her cold heart(which suddenly became warm for no apparent reason half way through) . Oh dear. What a mess

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
Hated this morning’s one, felt like such a filler episode and added nothing to the series?

Is Villianelle supposed to be the way she is because her mum left her as a child? Because that happens to a lot of people and they don’t all become assassins 🤨😂
A lot this season has been filler - don’t think they know where to take them.

I do think Jodie is one of the best actresses from this country at the moment - I wish they just had a better storyline. There’s only 3 episodes left, there’s been no overall story. Maybe Eve and Villanelle will meet again over Niko or something!’

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Last episode was fucking awful. I would’ve preferred Villanelle’s family remaining a mystery. Pure pointless filler and not even entertaining filler at that. I considered turning it off for the first time ever

I don’t think the series can be saved now it’s become plotless drivel which is such a shame as the first series was amazing (the second good but started the decline imo)

Calmyourtitsdown

Chatty Member
Big fan of Killing Eve, was initially intrigued to watch as I didn’t think much of Jodie Comer, after seeing her in Dr Foster (hadn’t seen her in anything else).... How wrong was I?! She’s amazing and so so talented.
Season one was definitely better than season two. I didn’t particularly like the ending in Rome, and detouring away from ‘The 12’ storyline. But episode one of season three, suggests we’re back on track, and may finally find out who they are!
It’s all got to come to end somewhere though? I can’t see this being something that continue for years to come? I haven’t heard as yet if season four has been commissioned, or indeed if season three is the last... so we wait!

KINGAA

VIP Member
I know the baby was there but why? What the hell was that? Was she supposed to be seeing this girl with a baby...and a maid ? It was very odd. And I'm sure we never saw her do so many random kills before. I know she did strangle that boyfriend, right? In s1. That was shocking . This stuff feels a bit sensationalised.
No, it was her “mission” from the 12 to kill the woman, once she killed her then baby cried on the monitor and the crept through the house and she found the maid and baby. Killed the maid, was going to kill the baby but kept the baby to use as a cover story.

Most of them aren’t random they’re orders from the 12. the only random ones that she did with no order from the 12 were the kid in hospital as he had no family and was a state. Bill, eves boss for following her. Niko’s girlfriend, Gemma when Niko says he loves eve. Her new handler when she got out of prison. Julian who kept her captive in his house she sort of acted in self defence with that one.

The boyfriend, wasn’t strangled - he went into her flat when Konstantine was there angry at her for killing the lady with purfume after she stole the mission card from his pocket. anyway when the boyfriend goes to leave he steals villanelles purfume (one she had just used to kill someone which was poisoned) as he wanted to smell It (she had told him earlier she was making purfume and he asked about it) he sprayed it on himself and killed himself.

think that’s all correct, did a bit of googling there haha!

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Right so. I was OBSESSED with the first two seasons so I started re watching them a couple of weeks ago.. I didn’t even know that Season 3 had started until I saw this thread!?

I had to scroll extremely fast so as not to see spoilers LOL.

I’ve just finished the last episode of Season 2. I’m about to watch first ep of S3 now ... so excited.
I shall be back with my thoughts 🤣

also, I too fancy the 💩 out of Konstantin 😍 and Villanelle also.

I’m backkkk. LOL

S3E1 was a little disappointing for me .. I wasn’t as gripped as I thought I’d be. Was surprised to see V get married! Never thought I’d see that day .. I agree with above post about Villanelle outfits! She had some amazing looks in S1 and S2.

wasnt expecting that ending AT ALL! I’m a little sad!

Last edited: