Kiera-Rose

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve followed Kiera for a while and wasn’t sure what to expect from her when she became a mummy.
I became a first time mum 3 months before her and tbh I’ve enjoyed her content consistently. Attachment parenting may seem new and kinda extreme to some but in all honesty a baby getting a secure attachment and loving devoted childhood experience is nothing to be mad about.
Attachment parenting is not the same as the theory of attachment...

Reactions: 2
I’m not a mum but she seems to be breastfeeding a lot still considering how old Lana is? I could be wrong don’t attack me haha I just mean like when Lana is crying or tired etc surely she shouldn’t always resort to breastfeeding her?

Reactions: 1
My partners friend still uses a baby monitor camera on their 4 year old... why do I see this as something she will do

My partners friend still uses a baby monitor camera on their 4 year old... why do I see this as something she will do
No need, she’ll still be sharing her double bed with Lana. Alex will be downgraded to the cot in the tiny box room

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If Alex isn't working can she not give the baby to him for 10 minutes to film a video instead of her being loud and distracting in the background? And if he isn't earning surely that would give her more time and incentive to produce more videos or open up the shop again...

Reactions: 3
If Alex isn't working can she not give the baby to him for 10 minutes to film a video instead of her being loud and distracting in the background? And if he isn't earning surely that would give her more time and incentive to produce more videos or open up the shop again...
I thought this.. As awful as it is, use Alex whilst he's at home to get that extra income. Make jewellery, do those doorstep family portraits (she could even do with Lana).
I appreciate the way she wants to parent and the bond she wants to form with her daughter but if they need the money, she needs to be the one that does it. Take sponsors, do Ads, and do it without Lana on the background for an hour or something when you have her dad probably sitting in the next room.

I've followed Kiera for years and I honestly wish the best for her but she doesn't seem to be helping herself in this situation.

(Ironic coming from me being too depressed to get out of bed 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her bond with Lana is not going to be affected by her spending time with her Dad. She is also entitled to a childcare bubble. My son spent 30 mins today playing with his Uncle. He is still bonded to me 🤷

Reactions: 7
Did she say they have two rooms they cant use because they are full of stuff? I wonder if she's working herself up to sell some of it.
Also the way she kept saying 'we' when she was talking about Alex applying for jobs made me wonder... girl, concentrate on your own work and then you'd have more money coming in? Dont get me wrong i understand helping your partner with job apps but the way she repeatedly said 'we' made me think hmmm how much is she doing

Reactions: 4
If Alex isn't working can she not give the baby to him for 10 minutes to film a video instead of her being loud and distracting in the background?
Yeah I had to turn it off when she sat down to talk and the baby started making noise in the background

With the attachment parenting thing, I don't know anything about it but surely spending that much time with the baby could lead to problems when she's older? Like lack of personal space, wanting to distance herself from her mum and also not really having developed a relationship with her dad because she's always glued to Kiera? Also when happens when Lana is older and wants to stay round a friends house, or go places by herself, I just feel like she's setting herself up to no be able to be separated from her and worry when she is etc. Again, I have no idea about anything just my uneducated thoughts on it all

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When she was talking about having rooms full of stuff she couldn’t use but not all of it is hers, it sounded like her and Alex were separated but just living together imo

Reactions: 2
I've unfollowed and unsubscribed. I've been a subscriber since the Scarlet Saint days, but I just can't relate to her any more.

Breast feeding isn't a personality trait. I agree that we should normalise it and that people shouldn't be ashamed of breast feeding, but it seems to be all she talks about, 'baby' and 'boobie'.

I know a lot of things have changed due to covid etc and it's such bad timing for Alex to have lost his job, I can't imagine the pressure of being the only person in the household bringing an income in. But the way they've handled it also seems a bit odd. It isn't for me to say whether she is able to work in a 'normal' job due to her mental health issues and I understand that a lot of people can't, and that's fine. However she could have been working on content, or Little Doe or promoting her Patreon while Alex is out of work and able to help with their daughter, surely?

I remember several years ago when she setup a gofundme, or something similar, to get a new laptop or something because her old one broke. Around that time they both went to get new tattoos. I'm not someone to ever think that less well off people shouldn't have nice things, but it just seemed very strange to splurge on something so non essential then say they can't afford a laptop for her to essentially do her job. They always go to decent artists and good tattoos can be a few hundred quid. So to also ask subscribers to donate for a laptop just seemed really off.....

Reactions: 15
I've unfollowed and unsubscribed. I've been a subscriber since the Scarlet Saint days, but I just can't relate to her any more.

Breast feeding isn't a personality trait. I agree that we should normalise it and that people shouldn't be ashamed of breast feeding, but it seems to be all she talks about, 'baby' and 'boobie'.

I know a lot of things have changed due to covid etc and it's such bad timing for Alex to have lost his job, I can't imagine the pressure of being the only person in the household bringing an income in. But the way they've handled it also seems a bit odd. It isn't for me to say whether she is able to work in a 'normal' job due to her mental health issues and I understand that a lot of people can't, and that's fine. However she could have been working on content, or Little Doe or promoting her Patreon while Alex is out of work and able to help with their daughter, surely?

I remember several years ago when she setup a gofundme, or something similar, to get a new laptop or something because her old one broke. Around that time they both went to get new tattoos. I'm not someone to ever think that less well off people shouldn't have nice things, but it just seemed very strange to splurge on something so non essential then say they can't afford a laptop for her to essentially do her job. They always go to decent artists and good tattoos can be a few hundred quid. So to also ask subscribers to donate for a laptop just seemed really off.....
Agree - the breastfeeding stuff seems to be in part due to her trying to justify why she cant possibly get a minute away from her or why she cant possibly do anything else. Look we get it, its hard to be away from your baby and everyone does things at their own pace. But he's the babies dad!
And yes, the way they handle money/work etc is very odd, like it must be ghard but it seems mad to me that she wouldnt open Little Doe up because she was worried she couldnt keep up with the demand when Alex was unemployed and at home - he could have been working on Little Doe, or taking the baby whilst she did! There are so many hours in the day and if you're staring down the no money route you kinda just crack on.

I do wonder if they have been propped up a bit by family etc in the past, hence the lack of motivation towards work, but this time round they've found it a lot harder because of baby - when she spoke about it in the video she seemed like she was panicking a bit but not enough for her to actually do any work herself, i've seen it with certain people before, they realise its not good and do a bit of panicking but in the back of their mind they think well we've always got xxx money to lean on... so talk the talk of worrying (so to appease those around them who probably get frustrated) but dont really put any more effort in than they'd normally do anyway....

Reactions: 9
I originally followed Kiera rose when she had the baby as she was being reshared and she intrigued me. I had to unfollow soon after as she was driving me crazy and seeing here other people feel the same I’m not surprised. I’m still breastfeeding my 19 month old and completely agree it should be celebrated and normalised but I think she took it a bit too far. Perhaps she wants people to follow her because of her normalising it? There seems to be quite a lot of accounts who post about it and have lots of followers so maybe she was trying to copy.

I find it crazy she says she has no time for her and she gets resentful of the fact she can’t have a shower. Both me and my husband did things from the start to make my life easier. He’d cut my food up so I could eat one handed and make my lunch before he left for work. He’d leave snacks and bottles of water out so I could just grab them when I needed. He’s always got our daughter up so I’ve had time in the morning just to myself. Then he started a routine of running me an evening bath and entertaining baby while I relaxed. It’s our routine and our daughter knows it so it’s easy for us. She isn’t helping herself and can’t complain if she won’t let people help her or offer to give her a break.

Reactions: 11
Guys, I think she breastfeeds.

I don't understand the normalise breastfeeding thing. Breastfeeding IS normal. So you got a few weird comments online or a few curious looks? No more than anyone else for literally any other reason. Normalise telling people to mind their own bleeping business.

Reactions: 6
I used to love her content it was so relaxing ans chill now it's all baby. But at this point I dont even know what I'd like to see from her anymore.

Reactions: 5
I used to love her content it was so relaxing ans chill now it's all baby. But at this point I dont even know what I'd like to see from her anymore.
I’m so with you there! She doesn’t want to be a mummy ‘blogger’ yet what else has she got going on in her life? She won’t even let Alex help with the baby.. I’m glad they’re doing well, I’m confused how though seeing as neither of them are working.. Sorry I know that’s rude..

I really don't mind her baby content and find it really inspiring for when I plan to get pregnant in 2 years or so. "Everything baby", yeah, but I guess that is reality and as am mum of a new born, you're supposed to be there mainly for the baby. Other interests are on hold for the moment. I think this is quite natural. Ofc there are mums out clubbing again shortly after giving birth, and that's perfectly fine if they like to. But I think it's also completely normal to get absorbed for the moment by your baby. Just thinking about keeping the baby alive, not thinking about your SM-career or your online-shop.

• Heart
In her newest What I Ate video she says Lana doesn't want her nappy changing ... so she's come up with a way to pacify her. She lays baby on the floor, leans over her, sticks her boob in Lana's mouth while Alex is behind her changing the nappy.
Is it me, or is that bonkers? She says she can't change a nappy without Alex there! I'm sure most parents just persevere through their kid's tantrum, not give in so it means two people have to change a nappy and the mother looks like a cow (her words!)

• Wow
In her newest What I Ate video she says Lana doesn't want her nappy changing ... so she's come up with a way to pacify her. She lays baby on the floor, leans over her, sticks her boob in Lana's mouth while Alex is behind her changing the nappy.
Is it me, or is that bonkers? She says she can't change a nappy without Alex there! I'm sure most parents just persevere through their kid's tantrum, not give in so it means two people have to change a nappy and the mother looks like a cow (her words!)
Im all for not judging people on what they need to do to get by, but Alex is looking for a job and Lana will be in nappies another couple of years... babies dont tend to love getting their nappies changed, its just something you learn to live with... you arent going to have a 100% happy baby all of the time and thats fine!