Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sheleg

VIP Member
I’m so sick of being told to calm down and be mindful by influencers who sit on their arses all day with no job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
He did have a stable job pre-pandemic. It's been a tough year and a half for many people for many reasons and that 'sterilise the poor' attitude isn't helpful.
Please. Kiera isn't poor. She isn't trapped by low education or access to jobs. She just can't be assed to work and never has been.

Reactions: 17

Lemonz

VIP Member
She, in the nicest possible way, needs to get a job out if the house to interact with other people more. Like even 5 hours a week in a small shop would do her the world of good.

Reactions: 17

marisol

I hope she doesn't homeschool. I was homeschooled kid so I feel like I have the right to critique it. Can it be done correctly? Sure. In some cases, it can be great for certain children's intellectual needs, but you have to ensure the person teaching is qualified for that. Now I know it's a bit easier because often parents who homeschool can do it on the computer (I know a few people who homeschool their children, but really there's some state learning program and the kids do essentially online school) though I'm not exactly sure how beneficial that is. But one huge drawback of homeschooling is not getting properly socialized. I'm well aware that schools can have their own drawbacks because they can often breed conformity, and not allow children to express themselves. But as a homeschooled kid whose parents made no effort to ensure I got to interact with children my own age, I can say that it is an intensely lonely experience. I used to cry constantly that I wanted friends, and I was absolutely miserable. When I did end up going to a proper public high school I had absolutely no idea how to interact with people my own age. I cringe looking back and how awkward and weird I was. It took me years to learn how to function and be a normal human being around others. And I just fear Kiera will isolate her child. Honestly, I just don't think homeschooling is ever the best option. And I admit I'm biased against it and have prejudices towards it because of my own awful experiences with it (and because I have worked as a language instructor at an elementary school, so I have bias there as well). No parent is ever going to be knowledgeable enough in every subject to properly teach their child either I believe, and no offense but Kiera doesn't seem to be particularly intellectual. It might be fine when Lana is young, but when she gets to middle or high school?

I also acknowledge I don't know Kiera personally. But from what I've seen of her on youtube, I just think homeschooling would be terrible, and she will end up isolating Lana, and passing down many of her own social anxieties. Of course, I could be projecting. But she seems to coddle Lana so much, and is never apart from her. That can't be healthy for either of them, especially as Lana grows older. What kind of separation anxiety might she face? If Kiera attempts to socialize her, will Kiera be there watching her the entire time so Lana never has the opportunity to form independence from her parents? I think Kiera once mentioned having a scary, threatening experience at school. And I can understand why then she might fear her child going to one. But realistically it won't happen to Lana, and she can't stop her child from living because of her paranoia and fear.

Oof. Sorry. That was long. I'm clearly very passionate about the subject.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Erebus

Does anyone really miss her old videos? I randomly decided to rewatch some of her older videos, like before she got pregnant, and remembered why she used to be one of my favourite youtubers. Her videos were always so aesthetically pleasing and she seemed down to earth and genuine

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I found the new video quite strange, she seems very lost in several aspects of her life atm. Without meaning to minimise the hospital experience with Lana, I’ve noticed that over the years a lot of common experiences are ‘traumatising’ for Kiera or affect her a lot more than they would most people. Not sure if they have much contact with friends/other parents and children but they seem incredibly anxious and isolated from the wider world. Hope Lana gets to interact with other children in some way!

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I've unfollowed and unsubscribed. I've been a subscriber since the Scarlet Saint days, but I just can't relate to her any more.

Breast feeding isn't a personality trait. I agree that we should normalise it and that people shouldn't be ashamed of breast feeding, but it seems to be all she talks about, 'baby' and 'boobie'.

I know a lot of things have changed due to covid etc and it's such bad timing for Alex to have lost his job, I can't imagine the pressure of being the only person in the household bringing an income in. But the way they've handled it also seems a bit odd. It isn't for me to say whether she is able to work in a 'normal' job due to her mental health issues and I understand that a lot of people can't, and that's fine. However she could have been working on content, or Little Doe or promoting her Patreon while Alex is out of work and able to help with their daughter, surely?

I remember several years ago when she setup a gofundme, or something similar, to get a new laptop or something because her old one broke. Around that time they both went to get new tattoos. I'm not someone to ever think that less well off people shouldn't have nice things, but it just seemed very strange to splurge on something so non essential then say they can't afford a laptop for her to essentially do her job. They always go to decent artists and good tattoos can be a few hundred quid. So to also ask subscribers to donate for a laptop just seemed really off.....

fishbowl

I miss Kiera I loved her very natural style of vlogging. It felt like spending a day with a friend.

Reactions: 13

paris

Gag me with a spoon.. baby’s birthday is apparently her golden boob day. (Did you know she breastfeeds?)

• Haha

boopthatnose

Chatty Member
She does give mixed messages though. It's as though on the one hand she wants everyone to know they aren't well off or really want to move say, and seemingly can't, Alex never seems to have a stable income ,nor does she and she's always made a point of telling the public so in her videos.

At the same time she got a cat (not cheap to keep), has since had a baby (a huge expense even with govt help), new camera equipment and seemingly good computer set up (that I know I couldn't afford despite working full time) and drops comments about the fact she's doing stalls at fairs but doesn't need the money and isn't bothered if she makes any because her business already 'does very well' online. I'm sure there are also a lot of mum's who would like to defer work until their child is old enough that they can be left, but who don't have the choice of that, let alone the choice of working in their passion.

I do like Keira and used to enjoy watching her videos but the cynic in me wonders if a lot of what she purposefully shows or implies is to drum up sympathy and keep the Patreon support going because she knows she has an audience of loyal viewers who worry about her situation, because otherwise I'm not sure it entirely makes sense, finances wise.

CapnPancakes

Chatty Member
I know it’s been said before, but if she’s struggling for money then why doesn’t she get a job? Lana is in nursery now and from what you guys have said about Alex, she’s not home with him much anyway. Makes absolutely no sense to me. It’s the obvious solution to her financial problems- even a part time job would help.

I often wonder how an interview with one of these influencers would go, if they went back to work.
“I see you have a gap here of… 7 years… what were you doing in that time?”
“Oh, I was making a couple of videos a year and had an online shop that sold a few bits here and there. I also had 1 kid, which took up all my time- I might aswell have had 5 kids! I was very busy!”
I had an interview during covid and they questioned my 3 month employment gap that was due to the pandemic. Some interviewers are ridiculous!

• Haha

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I've just seen she has a new video up saying 'burnt myself out'. HOW. YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT BREAST FEED.

• Haha

epicmature

Chatty Member
My partners friend still uses a baby monitor camera on their 4 year old... why do I see this as something she will do
No need, she’ll still be sharing her double bed with Lana. Alex will be downgraded to the cot in the tiny box room

• Haha
Reactions: 12

CapnPancakes

Chatty Member
I reeeally think you’re reading too much into this, she put up a post to say Happy Father’s Day to her husband. That’s all. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as deep as you’re seeing it…

Tanne1999

VIP Member
I pay £10 a month for a small band I loves Patreon.
For that, I received a one off thank you of a tshirt, signed poster, and a handwritten thank you from the band.

They regularly post unheard music, Q&As, do giveaways for video calls and tickets, behind the scenes on video shoots/rehearsals.
To some people its a waste of money, but I don’t mind paying as that £10 a month goes towards their studio hire, covering fuel for gigs, etc. It’s an investmentin one of my favourite bands.

How Kiera has anyone paying for hers, I really don’t know. There’s minimal incentive to.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
It was the story about how they’re gonna try for a baby next year that made me finally say no more. I can’t deal with looking at the back of two of her children’s heads..

• Haha
  • Wow

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Thing is Alex isn't safe to be left with the child or to work or to drive... I think it's time for Keira to pack it in, accept that she is alone in this parenting game and move back to her parents house so she can provide for her child and have help.
People with disabilities and health conditions can be amazing parents. There can be limitations, but that doesn't mean Kiera is alone or should move in with her mum. Alex is still a parent and he's also able to work. He just needs a suitable workplace that actually respect their employees and follow the equality act (just like we all do). Having said that, even if he wasn't able to work because of a long term condition or disability, that also wouldn't make him any less of a parent.

Last edited:

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I think it's just a fathers day post about Alex, who is a father. Celebrating him being a dad doesn't devalue any family where the child doesn't have a father. I know she says that all the dads out there are needed but I don't think that equates to saying every child needs a dad?

Reactions: 11

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Kiera is just one of those youtubers who I can't dislike, she feels genuine and normal.

The video made me sad that she's been going through a lot but she must be in a better place to make such a visually beautiful video. I do wonder why they haven't really moved house yet? The landlord is raising rent and there's a dispute with the neighbours, it might do wonders for her to move elsewhere.

Reactions: 11