Kerry Conway #8 finally moved the sofas, oh the grime! Come on Pais, it’s phonics time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she was happy to spend £100 on a bed, but then got one for £10 (but no guarantee if it breaks etc but anyway), I hope she spends some of that money on clothes

it’s horrible when money is tight, but like I’ve said before, bundles on Facebook, ask friends & family if they’ve got any to pass on, cheap basics you can mix and match
I just find it hard when she splashes money on ‘renovations’, fancy car, buying shoes to sell on(profits must be slim) etc etc but not her kid’s clothing?
she has zero pride in her home or her children and it’s really starting to show

Reactions: 6
If she was happy to spend £100 on a bed, but then got one for £10 (but no guarantee if it breaks etc but anyway), I hope she spends some of that money on clothes

it’s horrible when money is tight, but like I’ve said before, bundles on Facebook, ask friends & family if they’ve got any to pass on, cheap basics you can mix and match
I just find it hard when she splashes money on ‘renovations’, fancy car, buying shoes to sell on(profits must be slim) etc etc but not her kid’s clothing?
she has zero pride in her home or her children and it’s really starting to show
Sainsburys is 25% off at the moment she could easily get some cheap basics that fit the girls.

Reactions: 5
Realistically if you were in a tough place money wise you would scour eBay, marketplace, charity shops and get a few really good bits that would mix and match.

Plus for Roma and Aria there must be lots of hand me downs. Again just keep the best bits to mix and match.

I hate those pineapple dresses. Hated them since She bought them - they are so impractical for little ones playing.

Reactions: 7
She did a video after her 'renno' and fairly sure she said they had £1k surplus after paying out all their outgoings.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She did a video after her 'renno' and fairly sure she said they had £1k surplus after paying out all their outgoings.
yeah right how the hell only one of them works and I don’t reckon he makes that much!! She can’t make much from her ‘work’!!! 😂😂 Think she lied 😂😂

Reactions: 2
They surely can't have a grand of disposable income left a month and dress their kids like they do? Everything is cheap and fast fashion that she does dress them in, and she makes them wear the stuff to death!
There's nothing wrong with supermarket and Primark clothes for kids, but if you're well off you'd buy a good mix surely? I spend a bit more on stuff I can size up on for my kids on things they can get the wear from or hand down like coats, jumpers etc. Like you never here her say "got this from next/Zara/Boden"

She used to try to dress S & A like the meldrum girls in clashing colours and prints but never quite pulled it off.

She used to buy stuff from next all the time, I used to enjoy her next hauls even though we have different styles. But the way she dresses them now is just 🤯 and their hair is always a mess

Reactions: 3
Not only that I'm sure if you had 1k disposable income you would almost certainly get a bigger house and use that money towards higher mortgage payments

She could have saved money by buying boxes for the kallax, as much as it's hated it would have tidied it up for the time being and wouldn't have costs £200+ like that new set of drawers has so she could have spent the rest on clothes for her children

She could have saved money by buying boxes for the kallax, as much as it's hated it would have tidied it up for the time being and wouldn't have costs £200+ like that new set of drawers has so she could have spent the rest on clothes for her children
I keep thinking, why didn't she just get rid of the 16 space kallax and get one of the 8 ones with nice boxes! Would have been sturdier, cheaper and the TV would have fit on! Hell, any TV stand in Ikea would have been better than that cheap Argos shite that's already broken 😳

She used to buy stuff from next all the time, I used to enjoy her next hauls even though we have different styles. But the way she dresses them now is just 🤯 and their hair is always a mess
Oh god, I'm always itching to put a brush through their hair and give them a good trim 🙈I'm going to search and see if I can find any next hauls now out of interest 😂

Regarding the clothes I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, she could buy a few bits per month whilst buying her groceries so she doesn’t have to fork a lump sum of money out. Even buy in the next half price sale sizing up for the next year - i do this and have saved loads of money.

I honestly think they can’t see that the kids need new stuff. They think we’re being trolls by saying this! I can’t believe that the grandparents don’t buy a couple of bits for the girls if they are that hard up to buy them stuff themselves.

Regarding the clothes I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, she could buy a few bits per month whilst buying her groceries so she doesn’t have to fork a lump sum of money out. Even buy in the next half price sale sizing up for the next year - i do this and have saved loads of money.

I honestly think they can’t see that the kids need new stuff. They think we’re being trolls by saying this! I can’t believe that the grandparents don’t buy a couple of bits for the girls if they are that hard up to buy them stuff themselves.
Ive always gotten the impression her parents aren't that well off themselves. Not sure about Warren's (and they certainly buy a stack of presents for the girls for birthdays etc).

Let's be honest, you can get very cheap clothes in primark, and relatively cheap clothes in H&M (£2 summer dresses!) so there is no excuse.

I am sure she has said £1k left over after outgoings, does anyone else remember??!

I remember when she used to copy Mrs Meldrums style for her girls, but never got it right. To be fair, I'm no fan of Mrs M at all, but I do love how she dresses the girls and how their hair is always out of their faces.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If I were her I’d ask relatives for less toys & crap for the girls’ birthdays & Xmas (god knows they have far too much plastic tat!) & instead buy them some new clothes.

Part of me doesn’t believe this bed story. Genuinely just think she bought one of Facebook but didn’t want to admit that when people saw that it obviously wasn’t a new one, enter story about it being the exact same as they ordered blah blah

Part of me doesn’t believe this bed story. Genuinely just think she bought one of Facebook but didn’t want to admit that when people saw that it obviously wasn’t a new one, enter story about it being the exact same as they ordered blah blah
It’s like she wants to keep up with everyone else, I hadn’t even thought of that possibility, very convenient
Why not just admit money is a bit tight, we would rather sienna have a second hand but safe bed than the one she currently has. I feel like lots of people have been in that situation at some point? More relatable than lies

I'm not buying that £1k leftover story. Surely they'd have a house bigger than that? The layout and condition of that house screams compromise to me. I don't think they'd have bought it if they could have afforded better.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.