Kerry Conway #6 New kitchen, new specs, please let Sienna’s room be next!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus, i know they are tiling, but would u not get the walls skimmed? That is a messy messy job to be doing on your new floor and kitchen units.
I thought the same. I was sure she had said ages ago she was getting it done so not sure why it never happened. I also would have put a few base coats of paint on the chimney breast bit since it’s newly plastered, and then just left the main colour for after all the work.

Reactions: 2
Yeah you are supposed to put a "mist" coat on first and then ur chisen colour. Stops paint peeling. They may be tiling all in there though? Cos its quite enclosed, there will be a lot of cooking splashes.

Reactions: 4
Yeah you are supposed to put a "mist" coat on first and then ur chisen colour. Stops paint peeling. They may be tiling all in there though? Cos its quite enclosed, there will be a lot of cooking splashes.
Oh yes good point! That’s most likely. If so, it’ll be super dark with those navy tiles. And would also explain why it’s a big, expensive job.

Reactions: 3
Cream cupboards
Gold handles.... non matching/different shade
Silver accesories....kettle etc
White worktop
Black/silver cooker
Navy tiles?
Different shade of gold for electric switches
Different shade of golf for taps
Different shade of gold light fittings
Dark grey sink
Sludge coloured flooring
Blue door to ‘pantry’

And they haven’t started in the painting yet!
Just watched it! The work tops are just awful with gone cupboards, they are different shades and just look so odd. It’s all so miss matched but then it doesn’t surprise me when you see how she dresses herself and her kids.

I think some of the bits are nice on their own but together it just doesn’t go.
From some of her ideas she showed I actually had hopes for it it’s truly really badly designed

Well just watched the latest vlog and while I think it's nice to spend time as a family and me and hubby do try to have as much family time at weekends as we can mostly because he doesnt really see much of us all during the week he leaves early in the morning for work and doesnt get home til after 8 on evening.
However for us most of the time on weekends if the children are in the garden one of us are there while the other is doing jobs especially if we have been out as a family in the morning.
I cant understand with all the house stuff needing doing how they can go out for the morning then when home Kerry and Warren are both in the garden with the children at least Kerry was playing with Roma Warren seemed to spend his time lounging in a chair, why not do things around the house start Siennas bedroom for godsake.
Saying that all the children in the garden is also a great time for Kerry to leave Roma with Warren and do somethings around the house or just go and have a little time to herself it would do both her and Roma good to have some time apart.

Reactions: 7
Agree about the worktops, they don’t look marble at all and just like they have a huge crack down the middle, my daughters toy kitchen has a sticky back plastic marble worktop and looks better 😂

Reactions: 6
My in laws recently had their kitchen redone and got very similar white quartz, however the lines (if that’s the right word) in theirs are really delicate, so it’s very tasteful. The ones in Kerry’s are huge. Definitely not my cup of tea. She seems to love it though

Roma in a cot, sleeping well 👍🏻 Great to see Kerry making positive changes in that respect, and I was very glad to see her mentioning more than once (Facebook/Instagram and in her vlog) about keeping the cot clear for sleeping, really responsible of her sharing that. Credit where it’s due from me today!

Reactions: 12
Same. But i did wonder why she couldn't have just took the stuff out before she took the picture. She could have still spoke about having an empty cot with it actually being empty.

I wonder if we will see an update of Siennas room next? I think Romas and Arias room will be done next because that needs the least work but it would be nice to see Siennas room done first i think.

Has she done a kitchen tour video yet or is she waiting for it to be fully complete?

Same. But i did wonder why she couldn't have just took the stuff out before she took the picture. She could have still spoke about having an empty cot with it actually being empty.

I wonder if we will see an update of Siennas room next? I think Romas and Arias room will be done next because that needs the least work but it would be nice to see Siennas room done first i think.

Has she done a kitchen tour video yet or is she waiting for it to be fully complete?
shes only mentioning the cot so much because it was gifted so technically a ad considering they choose to co sleep apparetly im surprised she took one which makes me think cosleeping was just down to finances and poor money managment.

siennas room would need to be done first so sienna could move out of aria & romas room in order for that to be inished but thats to straight forward for them and they will probs do it backwards as usual 🙈

Why is it these stupid insta mums can not just follow the rules ok Kerry we can see the gifted that's good well done and I mean that at least your declaring it and in big bright letters but the post still need to have AD on them!!!!!!!

I think organised motherhood said it in a great easily way to understand so here you go Kerry and any other insta mum who reads here..........if you gain anything from it it should be labelled AD!!!!!!!!

So if your paid money, gifted, get commision (this includes Affiliate links as you are advertising a product to get something in return) etc If you gain anything even if its just a pencilcase it's needs to be labelled AD even if it was sent to you and your under no obligation to show it its an AD!!!!!!!!!!

This is to any insta mum out there if you really think companies are sending you things just cos they like you you are deluded and really need to seek help. Everything you havent paid for yourself or been given by close friends/family as a gift for a birthday or occasion is an AD and needs to be labelled as such.

I haven’t a clue, but agree that the technical language sounds like she has lifted it from elsewhere so probably is correct. At least she has come back with a decent answer explaining things. Lots of times in the past she’d have been rude.

Is she correct?
  • Written posts must include:
    • A line at the top of the post declaring that the product or service was gifted by the brand, but all opinions are independent
    • This must be at the TOP of the post
    • Clear identification of any affiliate links used.
  • Social posts should include:
    • The hashtag ‘#ad’ in the caption

From my understanding Kerry is wrong it should have #AD but maybe someone more knowledgeable will come and tell us.

Last edited:
I agree and from what @eyespy has wrote, it was a Social Post and should have had #ad in the caption somewhere.
Written posts, to me, mean blog posts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.