Kerry Conway #5 Rude to the core, vlogs are a bore, house is an eye sore, show us the door!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha I didn’t notice that 🙄🙄🤦‍♀️

Thought they were gifted the tiles!????
B5A1915D-CF47-4B37-8DB7-C65EA0490978.jpeg

Or is this for someone to fit them!??

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Probably to have the kitchen tiled. Wonder how many tilers hate the herringbone trend. I suppose it wastes a lot of tiles.

Reactions: 6
Probably to have the kitchen tiled. Wonder how many tilers hate the herringbone trend. I suppose it wastes a lot of tiles.
Lots 😂 my uncle says it's a bastard to do, and he can't wait until the trend dies!

Rather than asking people how much they paid, maybe say what you've been quoted then people can say if it sounds about right?
Why are YouTubers always so shady about money?!

We called it on the white units. Agree it doesn't look like a breakfast bar though? Maybe the cupboards on the other side are half cut so stools can go under? Or maybe they couldn't afford that so have bodged it?

Reactions: 3
Bet you they have kitchen stools sitting out all the time and the kids have to sit sideways.

Reactions: 9
She probably thought it was little kallax unit for kitchens somewhere to stuff loads of crap🤣🤣🤣🤣
Shame she didn't have it built bigger to fit the robot hoover in 😂😂

Personal taste, but wine racks are a bit out dated now. Much posher to have a wine fridge! 💁

Reactions: 8
Shame she didn't have it built bigger to fit the robot hoover in 😂😂

Personal taste, but wine racks are a bit out dated now. Much posher to have a wine fridge! 💁
Agreed magnet do a slim line one.
I only like white and sparkling so best served chilled.
Wine rack I would only use for reds
My kids stress me out so wide doesnt last long enough to sit In the rack.
Bar carts are more trendy these days.

She said in her stories the units are cream but she has a filter on so hard to tell...

So cream units,gold handles,grey fridge and sink,black range,navy tiles and door? What colour is the countertop?

Reactions: 4
She's asking "if anyone's husband/partner lays tiles", so much for strong girls club eh?! She doesn't even believe women can lay tiles!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The "breakfast bar" is in fact just the worktop with the cupboards underneath so no chance of 5 of them fitting there, also very minimal worktop for food prep etc if the girls are doing homework or colouring whilst dinner is being prepared. I think it will actually look nice....just not practical for a family of 5.

Can’t believe she’s asking followers about the price for tiling. Doesn’t she know there’s this thing called a phone (you know the one that’s glued to your hand) and you just ring local trades people and ask their prices? Still, it’s good for engagement I suppose 🤷‍♀️🙄😂

Reactions: 4
At our last house rented the kitchen was fairly big so decided be great idea get 2 stools and create little breakfast area in my head as kitchen floor was vinyl and the adjoining dining room was carpeted.
In reality it never worked as there was no where to put your feet like someone said it's feet to the side. Also it bugged me every time I had to go into the cupboards that side I had to move the stools so we got rid stools and declared as fail.
I would love a breakfast island or nook but as our kitchen and diner is all open plan we have huge table so we don't really need one.
I imagine to seat 3 or 5 comfortable it would have to be big island .
Emily and Charlie(mummy in the know have it.)
Maybe there's space underneath we can't see from other side that the stools are on the outside but then that's close to the door.

Also husband uses to work wickes so know how much it all costs.
We also looked when we brought house at wren, magnet independents and Ikea kitchens
Ikea came out best value and think look equally as good as wickes ones but cheaper.
I will reserve judgement until done but not feeling a wow factor from what I see so far.
I like shaker style kitchens with cup handles.
I got quotes herringbone tiles and came out 300 to 400 quid per square metre.
Tiles by themselves can be cheap there's were free as gifted it's the fit.
We decided maybe try and paint our tiles as well as painting existing kitchen cupboard doors as can't justify a new kitchen. £20 zinser primer and £50 farrow and ball paint.
We do want new worktop sink and tap but that's 500 to fit so 1000 all In to just change that.

Like I said cost kitchen Ikea reasonable it's the fitting which I imagine be more costly for Conways as they had to move pipes and had all new appliance.
We had rough quite 8k from wren including fit don't think that included worktop .
Fits usually 1500 upwards.
She will need gas safe engineer for range.
Quartz work tops least 1500 to 2000 so I dread to think final net cost of kitchen that mostly been brought on credit.
Hazard a guess 10k maybe more
That's a lot if debt as well as mortgage and paying for car on finance.

Why don’t they ask a few local tradesmen for quotes? It’s pointless asking on Instagram, tiles and pattern may affect cost, as will the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Why don’t they ask a few local tradesmen for quotes? It’s pointless asking on Instagram, tiles and pattern may affect cost, as will the area.

Agreed varies depending which area of UK trade people Wales cheaper than South West.
Always get 3 quotes.
I worry I guess they overspend.
Clearly they not done their research and costed out the kitchen works properly.
As they dident factor in the cost of tiling.
We costed up prices of kitchen
Different types work top
Cost tiles and someone tiling
New dishwasher oven sink tap handles
Then concluded we couldent afford a new kitchen and plan be how do we spend a little to make current kitchen better.
They may not get the look they want.
They possibly could run out of money to complete.
It's too late now.
A laminate work top and upstand would have been cheaper than tiles.
Sometimes you have to make compromises something has to give.
But no they had to have the American fridge freezer the range and new dishwasher.
This could be loads if money spent and in big debt for kitchen that doesn't quite work.

Reactions: 5
Maybe it will be...just looks about half that size. Plus, being bit mean here, its the conways....they will duck it up somehow 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Feathering the empty nest is doing an extension and kitchen at the moment and it’s stunning! Definitely my dream 👌🏼👌🏼

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.