Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eastspendy

Chatty Member
I've watched her fairly appalling attempts at content with bemusement up until now but this is the first thing that has upset me. Exploiting your child for content is absolutely horrendous. It is unkind and will have repercussions. When these kids are older and their peers have access to social media they are going to get DESTROYED at school.
I have been feeling increasingly more uncomfortable with the way she is using her daughters - Abi in particular. The night nappies being shared with all at a sensitive age with her at school, the constant shaming over fussiness/meltdowns/picky eating etc. Yes, this may resonate with other parents, but is it fair to put all this out there on social media where it will be accessible forever. I have already heard that school kids will scroll through parents feeds to find embarrassing material on their classmates.
The constant disinterested face/raised eyebrow etc reels are now just tedious and just makes her look like a grump who loathes her kids. I don't doubt that she loves them but what she is doing isn't demonstrating love. It is using them for content to try and boost number for her own selfish means. The career pivot is weird. Butlins, pasties, Maom? Really Kelly? Really worth selling your daughter's childhood and privacy?

Reactions: 7

Justcyrious

VIP Member
What worries me more is the amount of people commenting on the reel saying they’re the same and they feel seen 😳

• Wow

Aab41

VIP Member
My kids would eat crap and snacks etc all day if I let them. But I have developed this technique, its a bit 'out there' so she may not want to try it, but I do this:
Step 1: open your mouth
Step 2: say no
Ta da!!

• Haha

Flipflopdrop

My kids are similar ages to Kelly’s. I’ve kept them off social media. The other day I checked the profile of a family friend and realised that she had photos of her kids when they were little on there so I showed them to mine. The shock on my eldest’s face when he realised his friend’s photos were on the internet and the dread when he asked if his own photos were online too tell me all I need to know about how influencers’ kids might feel.
This! My eldest is now at secondary school and the kids dig deep in social media to find embarrassing pictures of their mates when they were younger. They then get shared around all the snap chat groups.

On a local Facebook page with over 5000 people on there's a group of women discussing there daughter's periods and how they leaked through at school and all sort of personal stuff, those kids must be so embarrassed. I guarantee someone at school will see it and share it round. We've got a duty to protect our kids and not put their personal lives out there.

• Wow
  • Heart

Flipflopdrop

Just watched those stories and there is no way her and Kelly are real life friends, they are pretend internet friends. They are both very annoying but in very different ways.

To give her credit though, I have no idea what her kids looks like, what school they go to, whether they wear bedtime pull-ups or their names so at least she is affording them privacy that Kelly doesn't with her girls.

ooh scandalous

Newbie here but I just had to say I see Kelly quite often out and about and oh my goodnessss she's miserable. Never smiles, never enjoys being around the kids. I live in a "mumfluencer" bubble and they're all quite insufferable really - nice and chatty and jovial to the camera, happy to advertise all the brands and do anything to increase their online engagement, but in reality they are all painfully disconnected and stressed out mums with zero personality.

• Wow

Bumble2019

VIP Member
She treats them like toddlers in so many ways then holds them accountable for stuff like this. She has such a weird dynamic with them. She seems to live for time on her own with her friends or indulging in self care but doesn't seem to treasure any of the stuff that goes with being a Mum.

Eastspendy

Chatty Member
Their eating habits are so messed up. She clearly doesn’t give them a proper packed lunch, then gives them sugary cr@p after school so they’re probably having massive sugar highs then lows. Which will also be behind their tantrums. I thought she was oven dinners only, probably super noodles on the hob! 😂
It is incredibly disordered feeding. I am sure that reel is her stirring water with nothing in it, so we can be sure oven ready stuff is still being served with the massive bottle of ketchup on the sofa.
---
Kelly is meant to be a clever woman. How is she not seeing the link between behaviour, food, activity levels etc?! That said, it is always easy to have a pop at the mother but Ian is their dad - he is allowing their daughter's privacy to be sold online and whilst he ogles muscles in Men's Fitness, he is complicit in all this too.

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Girls still in pyjama, at home as today they're chilling! How many days of chilling do these kids have? But Kelly managed to go out for a run! Why not take the girls on their bikes?
I just can’t get over this. I think just about everyone I know or have seen online has been out with their kids for some kind of walk or fresh air today. Myself included. Just why would you keep them indoors all day like this. It’s SO unhealthy day after day. We’re not exactly outdoorsy but for gods sake it’s New Year’s Day everyone’s been eating and indulging for the last few days - surely today is a perfect day to get them out for a walk, a scoot, a bike ride - anything. But Kelly goes for a jog and leaves the poor girls stuck in the house.

• Sad

CaroWatkinson

I don’t understand why she can’t come up with other content, rather than the boring stuff with the kids. It does feel like she is taking advantage of them :(
---
The lack of effort that goes into even trying to make dinner look appetising - it just looks like shit.

Justcyrious

VIP Member
I love how so many influencers only post about themselves on Mother’s Day. As if they have no mothers of their own 😅

CaroWatkinson

The side on filming yourself is so embarrassing.
Also, try actual parenting rather than sitting there going “come on guys”.

Absolute prat.

Bad_karma

Don't want to brag but I have two boys, 6 and 9, and this morning I made porridge from scratch for them, pasta for their hot lunches, dishwasher on, got them to school and started my full time job at 9am. My house does not look like hers, it never does and I am holding a job which Kelly doesn't.

How is she not able to parent those girls properly is beyond me.!

Justcyrious

VIP Member
My kids are similar ages to Kelly’s. I’ve kept them off social media. The other day I checked the profile of a family friend and realised that she had photos of her kids when they were little on there so I showed them to mine. The shock on my eldest’s face when he realised his friend’s photos were on the internet and the dread when he asked if his own photos were online too tell me all I need to know about how influencers’ kids might feel.

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Taking the time to prepare and give herself elaborate meals and nutrition but then gives her young girls frozen oven dinners, chocolate and sugar day after day, meal after meal. Shameful.

• Sad

ooh scandalous

Are her kids actually behaving like toddlers or is she just leading us on for content's sake? My children are younger than hers but even they aren't fussed about pasta types or having tantrums over breakfast. Her kids are wayyyy too old for the challenges she faces with them. Unless they're special needs?!