Kelly...Kids and the Commute #2 Can't cope with her kids, doesn't commute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really thinks she's winning but it really is piss poor parenting. Don't get me wrong we all have pj days but it's every weekend! She's just ignoring that poor girl. Take her out for some fresh air, practice her bike, just do something with her!

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She really thinks she's winning but it really is piss poor parenting. Don't get me wrong we all have pj days but it's every weekend! She's just ignoring that poor girl. Take her out for some fresh air, practice her bike, just do something with her!
That picture is so depressing. Palm your kid off with snacks, tv and making a mess whilst you sit on the sofa watching an adult themed programme. She really is the worst. Sarah who’s actual birthday and party it was has managed to get out with both her boys abc be present for them today - so why can’t Kelly!

Reactions: 4
Anyone else think Kelly’s marriage is in trouble? So he’s going to Italy with his mate and their daughter and Kelly went to her friends 40th on her own. She also spent New Year’s Eve on her own.

Really weird set up. Why wouldn’t you go to Rome as a family? Beyond weird especially as Kelly doesn’t have a job and could take holiday anytime she wanted. She could even do different activities with Abi whilst they were out there but to not go at all?

Reactions: 3
I really hope Abi is getting a trip at another time because a Pj day does not compare to a trip to Rome! She should have at the very least taken her out somewhere special for a treat day.

Reactions: 6
A PJ day with just one kid should be doing stuff together. Films and baking and or crafts and movies together… not watching bloody Suits while your kid does her own stuff!! Watch that when she’s in bed.. unreal.

Reactions: 8
Blimey she really is scared of her 5 year old isn't she? But luckily she gets 1:1 time with her while the eldest and husband are away. (The 1:1 time being watching Suits on her ipad while Abi plays and eats snacks on her own!) She's just getting worse, and I do think she might need to talk to someone as I'm seeing clear signs of depression there 😕

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I can’t imagine my child going to Italy, Rome of all places and experiencing the sights without wanting to see her face and reaction to it all. How could she want to miss it to stay at home in her living room on her knackered sofa looking at her stained carpet. I can only think they must be struggling financially (couldn’t afford hotel and flights for Kelly and Abi too), her marriage is on the rocks or she is depressed. Perhaps all three.

Maybe going to Rome would have meant she’d have to miss Sarah’s party and we all know she’d rather do something for internet clout than for her family. I mean, she’d probably have to go a few days without making any of her cringy “poor mum” reels 🙄

Wow! How bad can it be with a five year old that 2 parents cannot handle? My guess is their marriage is in trouble, why did she go to the party alone on Saturday, Sarah had her kids there so she could have made that a family affair if wanted. We have taken our kids to parties when there are other kids there and had no childcare available. Yesterday's picture I believe is now the lowest of the low even for Kelly! Watching Suits on the laptop and poor Abi in a cage with food for entertainment, sad really!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
She'd have probably had ear phones in too so even less interaction with her 5 year old

Reactions: 2
They could have gone all together and only taken the eldest to the tours. There’s plenty to do with a 5 year old and, even it requires a little bit of effort, totally worth it for them. Maybe not worth the price of flights and the extra room / bigger Airbnb but also fair to say that in her reply if it was the case.

However, if your 5 year old is spending all their free time indoors roaming free, watching questionable TV and eating snacks after snacks, they might be completely unmanageable on a trip abroad. It’s not the 5 year old’s fault though. They’re all missing out because of poor parenting (from both parents most likely).

I wish she gets help if she needs it.

I am not sure how much sympathy I have left for Kelly. I previously started feeling quite sorry for her but now she is just truly awful. Seeing her beached on the sofa watching Suits, while Abi is sitting on her own with a box of snacks (I mean, seriously, a box of snacks!) If it is all for the Gram, that is one thing, but this is potentially influencing her clown followers (and bots) that it is ok to be a thoroughly disengaged parent and feed your children boxes of sugar. This clearly isn't a first time - that child spends most of her life in the living room eating. If Kelly is depressed, she needs help but I suspect this is exaggerated for content and what she perceives her followers will find funny. If you are reading here, Kelly, it isn't in the least bit entertaining or relatable.

Reactions: 5
A lovely sunny day and bright blue sky and Kelly has gone to…soft play. She’s not 3 for gods sake she’s 5 and more than capable of being outside. Another lazy activity for Kelly. I’d be so ashamed to tell anyone this whilst my husband had to take Grace alone to Rome. What a mess.

Starting to wonder if Abi has behavioural problems and this is why Kelly doesn't like taking her out often?

Starting to wonder if Abi has behavioural problems and this is why Kelly doesn't like taking her out often?
If she does we know who's fault is it, don't we? What can you expect from a child that is constantly being bed snacks, kept indoors and not stimulated in any way?

Sarah by contrast yesterday took her boys to McDonalds as she was hungover but then managed to get them all out for a walk in the afternoon. And today she said she's working and been to the gym but again is getting them out for a walk today.

It's all about balance - and Kelly's girls have none.

Hi Kelly 👋 Where did you take the photo of Abi and the stick - outside soft play? or picking up your Mr Turtle chinese takeaway?!

• Haha
Hi Kelly 👋 Where did you take the photo of Abi and the stick - outside soft play? or picking up your Mr Turtle chinese takeaway?!
There's fake grass under her feet and I haven't seen that în any parks around the UK so yes, I'll go with outside the softplay!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.