KeepingKate #5 Begging for help so the baby naps, still running despite a prolapse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope the artist does Swfeebs next. It will genuinely make my year! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My god that picture. My husband is a graphic designer and he’s constantly asked by people to make tacky shite like that and his answer is always NO.
The crap people make and sell through Instagram 😂

Reactions: 5
Why is she sending Dave into nursery??? It’s a pandemic, and she’s at home on mat leave. Surely childcare right now is so people can go to work only?

You’d like to think she would keep Dave at home rather than send her to nursery (to limit the risk to early years workers) but it’s easier to send her especially when the government are allowing them to stay open to all. Each to their own but I wouldn’t be sending my LO to nursery at the moment if I didn’t need to!

Reactions: 3
Why is she sending Dave into nursery??? It’s a pandemic, and she’s at home on mat leave. Surely childcare right now is so people can go to work only?
Nursery isn't seen the same as schools in all this and a lot are refusing to stop charging regardless of if the child goes in. While I don't agree, if you've paid for it I can see why you would.

They'll still be taking the money out though so why not ?
Because of the risks, to herself and her family, and also the nursery staff. The only reason nurseries have stayed open is so people can go to work-but she’s not at work? She won’t be paying for it as Evelyn gets free hours now. I’m a key worker, working from home, homeschooling my 5 year old. Technically I could send my 3 year old into preschool, but there’s no way I would put anyone at unnecessary risk when I’m at home.

Reactions: 4
Because of the risks, to herself and her family, and also the nursery staff. The only reason nurseries have stayed open is so people can go to work-but she’s not at work? She won’t be paying for it as Evelyn gets free hours now. I’m a key worker, working from home, homeschooling my 5 year old. Technically I could send my 3 year old into preschool, but there’s no way I would put anyone at unnecessary risk when I’m at home.
If she's using free hours then no she shouldn't be at all.

She likely won't be entitled to free hours? Evelyn is two and they are both employed/likely to not be in receipt of income based support etc. Not trying to argue that she should be taking her to nursery, because I agree that people should be staying at home where possible.

She won’t get free hours yet, her birthday is May so won’t get them until September.

I’m a bit mixed on this one, I think if you’re still having to pay for it and it’s open it’s hard not to send them. My daughter is still going (but myself and my husband are both working so don’t have an option really). If the risk was as high at nursery as schools they would be closed too like the first lockdown.
However I’m sure she will still be seeing her parents who used to look after Dave certain days so if she really needed childcare I probably would do that rather than sending her to mix with so many others.
I just feel like this is a really tricky one. I understand why people are not sending them to nursery but I also don’t blame anyone who is.

Reactions: 2
Not to defend as not keen, but a lot of the nurseries in my local area have been advertising on local groups/Facebook etc. to encourage children to attend as much as possible otherwise they lose their funding if chn aren't actually in the building. I don't know if that applies here but certainly seen a lot being said about it around here

They kept the nurseries open because they believe the risk is low and it is so important for their development. Can't blame her for sending her in, probably nice to have a little break with only one child

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.