KeepingKate #5 Begging for help so the baby naps, still running despite a prolapse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Kate you can’t do a mixture of purées and BLW 🙄🙄
Why not? I did... sometimes I spoon fed purées, other times just gave him some soft veg or fruit to chew on while we ate dinner. I’m not a Kate fan (the title of this thread was my suggestion!) but I don’t see what she’s doing wrong here.

Reactions: 10
Why not? I did... sometimes I spoon fed purées, other times just gave him some soft veg or fruit to chew on while we ate dinner. I’m not a Kate fan (the title of this thread was my suggestion!) but I don’t see what she’s doing wrong here.
If you do BLW you are following their lead and giving them everything how you have it. If you do purées and then give them veg and fruit that’s just finger foods with the meal. Xx

Reactions: 4
If my baby genuinely had choked more than once, presumably requiring back blows to get the object out, I would be speaking to a medical professional for advice and to check my child was ok rather than asking insta.

Reactions: 5
At its core BLW is about trust. Trusting that they can feed themselves (which if all the signs of readiness are there then they tend to pick up fairly quickly), trusting them to have how much they need and join in with the family meals with a few small adaptations in terms of making some things finger shape.

When you spoon feed you are in charge.

Using purées and finger food is a valid choice, it’s just not what baby led weaning is about.

Reactions: 2
Give her the pieces to eat herself one by one instead of obviously leaving her too it and then realising after she’s turning a shade of blue. 😥😥

Reactions: 1
I agree - my little one is nearly 1 and since she was 6 months we’ve done a mix - I don’t get the problem? Sometimes I give her an entire meal that she eats herself and sometimes I give her a spoon fed meal (e.g shepherds pie). She’s always ate with the family/the same as everyone else it’s just that some meals aren’t appropriate to let her feed herself. Tattle loses and credibility it has when people get petty about things influencers say 🙄

Reactions: 6
The previous comment wasn’t stating that there was a problem with it (I don’t think), just that you can’t call it Baby Led Weaning if you’re doing a mixture. Baby led is literally letting the baby do everything. If you feed them anything, it isn’t baby led weaning

I agree - my little one is nearly 1 and since she was 6 months we’ve done a mix - I don’t get the problem? Sometimes I give her an entire meal that she eats herself and sometimes I give her a spoon fed meal (e.g shepherds pie). She’s always ate with the family/the same as everyone else it’s just that some meals aren’t appropriate to let her feed herself. Tattle loses and credibility it has when people get petty about things influencers say 🙄

Reactions: 6
The previous comment wasn’t stating that there was a problem with it (I don’t think), just that you can’t call it Baby Led Weaning if you’re doing a mixture. Baby led is literally letting the baby do everything. If you feed them anything, it isn’t baby led weaning
There’s some really strict baby led weaning people out there. My friend got absolutely harassed on a BLW Facebook group for asking a question about purée.

Reactions: 2
There isn’t a problem with the way that you done it at all it’s just not called BLW, that was the point I was trying to make xx

Weaning is such a tetchy subject. It really doesn’t matter how she does it or what she calls it.

Can’t believe she took that kid to the supermarket though 😕 I’ve heard some really horrible stories about this new strain in the past few days that have really scared me about going into a supermarket myself never mind taking a child!

I take my baby to the supermarket and it doesn’t mean I’m a bad mum. I really hate how covid has made people so judgemental. If you don’t want to take your child then don’t - but if she feels safe enough to do so then please do not judge. She isn’t breaking any rules.

Reactions: 12
I take my baby to the supermarket and it doesn’t mean I’m a bad mum. I really hate how covid has made people so judgemental. If you don’t want to take your child then don’t - but if she feels safe enough to do so then please do not judge. She isn’t breaking any rules.
Sorry, I meant she just took her to the supermarket to have a stroll around with her toy trolley. It’s a bit different taking your baby I’m assuming the baby would be in a pram and not touching anything.

It just seems like a bit of an unnecessary risk, but yeah I guess her kid, her family.

Not going to the supermarket with anyone who you don’t need to take with you seems like a fair precaution to take to stop the increase in case and protect the nhs. She could have left the little one at home, did her shop, then took her out later for a walk outside.

Anyway, my local supermarket has a bad rep for people catching COVID/being told to isolate after visiting so maybe that’s why I’m a bit more cautious. I just want to protect my family and my little girls nursery teachers.

Reactions: 7
Sorry, I meant she just took her to the supermarket to have a stroll around with her toy trolley. It’s a bit different taking your baby I’m assuming the baby would be in a pram and not touching anything.

It just seems like a bit of an unnecessary risk, but yeah I guess her kid, her family.
I wasn’t having a go at you - but some people saying they don’t take their child out etc. I get it and it’s fine but just because one person doesn’t do that, doesn’t mean Kate shouldn’t. Tbf covid or no covid, a kid pushing its pram round the supermarket would just annoy me anyway and get in the way!

Reactions: 3
I wasn’t having a go at you - but some people saying they don’t take their child out etc. I get it and it’s fine but just because one person doesn’t do that, doesn’t mean Kate shouldn’t. Tbf covid or no covid, a kid pushing its pram round the supermarket would just annoy me anyway and get in the way!
😂 especially on a bloody Saturday 🙈

No she isn’t breaking any rules taking her baby or child to the supermarket but she can’t do that, and then in the next breath complain about going to work (which she did do prior to her maternity leave). She wasn’t forced to take her child with her like some parents are, I’m sure some would appreciate the choice to leave their child at home if possible. I don’t see how it’s appropriate though to have your child running around pushing her pram, no doubt getting in people’s way and making social distancing impossible. People aren’t going to the shops for a jolly or to mooch around. Nobody has said she’s a bad mum for taking her child to the shop but she’s a hypocrite and that’s what is irritating.

Which bit of ‘STAY AT HOME’ does she not understand?
Saying how she’s been out for a couple of hours this morning- we are struggling Kate. We all want to be out. But the sooner people stay at home, the sooner normality will resume. Go for a brisk walk by all means, a run even but to aimlessly meander for a couple of hours is not ok.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.