Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After what keelin said about her relationship with her mam, the girls brains seem to make more sense. Like I understand her longing to have stability with Jason in getting engaged so quickly and falling pregnant and sympathise with her to some degree. And for Saoirse I wonder if her mothers emotional instability took the biggest tole on her, as she’s the one who primarily lived with their mam. I reckon her constant self doubt in her videos in what she’s saying is because of her being the only one there with the mother who seems not to have stable ideals for the girls? Like the constant not supporting them? So the girls don’t even know what or who they should be themselves. For their dad, their dad posts so many very private articles about his children and on his show so no wonder they lack when to stop and keep things private. Overall the girls are victims of circumstances from their parents bad relationship and narcissistic tendencies (from what we can see), family cycles like this will continue and I think that’s why most of us have a hard time understanding keelin and Saoirse

Reactions: 6
After what keelin said about her relationship with her mam, the girls brains seem to make more sense. Like I understand her longing to have stability with Jason in getting engaged so quickly and falling pregnant and sympathise with her to some degree. And for Saoirse I wonder if her mothers emotional instability took the biggest tole on her, as she’s the one who primarily lived with their mam. I reckon her constant self doubt in her videos in what she’s saying is because of her being the only one there with the mother who seems not to have stable ideals for the girls? Like the constant not supporting them? So the girls don’t even know what or who they should be themselves. For their dad, their dad posts so many very private articles about his children and on his show so no wonder they lack when to stop and keep things private. Overall the girls are victims of circumstances from their parents bad relationship and narcissistic tendencies (from what we can see), family cycles like this will continue and I think that’s why most of us have a hard time understanding keelin and Saoirse
Where can I find the articles from their dad?

Where can I find the articles from their dad?
He writes for the irish times

For their dad, their dad posts so many very private articles about his children and on his show so no wonder they lack when to stop and keep things private.
In fairness, the dads articles aren't overly personal. He never mentions anyone by name, so if you weren't familiar with his kids etc. you wouldn't know who they are. (Screenshot of one of his latest ones attached).

I've noticed that, on this thread there is (generally) a strong dislike for their dad. Is that just based off of him separating from their mom or did something else happen? (Sorry if I'm totally out of the loop here 😅).

Attachments

Last edited:
Probably is mean to say but I just don't see how she thinks she's breaking the cycle of abuse or healing her inner child by having a baby herself when she had 0 stability and knew it.

She speaks as if having the child her and Jason will be together forever yet obviously a huge part of her life that she struggles with is her parents divorce and they had 4 kids to think about. Life just doesn't go that way.

Saying that I do wish her the best and im glad she does have support from her family etc who are pulling things together to help her with the baby.

Reactions: 8
He writes for the irish times

In fairness, the dads articles aren't overly personal. He never mentions anyone by name, so if you weren't familiar with his kids etc. you wouldn't know who they are. (Screenshot of one of his latest ones attached).

I've noticed that, on this thread there is (generally) a strong dislike for their dad. Is that just based off of him separating from their mom or did something else happen? (Sorry if I'm totally out of the loop here 😅).
im in no way hating on her dad, I’m just saying for the girls it just must be hard to navigate social media when your dad also has a broadcasting presence :) like talking about Saoirses struggles in a little snippet still can’t be nice to hear ya know?

Reactions: 5
im watching keelin talk about her mum now and my heart goes out to her but if she is earning what she claims she is she needs a therapist, this is not something you air online and especially to an audience where they know who your mum is
her youtube audience are not her friends, they’re random people she has never met and they cannot provide her with the validation she is searching for because airing this seems to be a constant theme in their lives (see her sister talk about her dad in the previous video), and i think the lack of mention of her dad is quite odd? i don’t dismiss her feelings about her mum, but i always am concerned when there are huge glaring parenting mistakes the anger is directed at the mother when the plate should be shared

Reactions: 9
im in no way hating on her dad, I’m just saying for the girls it just must be hard to navigate social media when your dad also has a broadcasting presence :) like talking about Saoirses struggles in a little snippet still can’t be nice to hear ya know?
I didn't mean that you were hating on her dad, and even if you were its the perfect place for it 🤣. I meant generally on this thread, whenever her dad is mentioned it's always in negative way, I was just curious as to why

Reactions: 1
Here are some snippets of Sean Moncrieff’s articles. Honestly, I see a lot of similarities between these and the letters Keelin writes to her daughter or the way she talks about her family in general. It’s pretty similar to Keelin that he’s not scared to talk about family issues either. Idk, I didn’t think any of the articles were particularly mean, honestly the way he spoke reminded me of a Keelin “introspective” vlog. I think it just gives insight to why Keelin shares the way she does tbh.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I didn't mean that you were hating on her dad, and even if you were its the perfect place for it 🤣. I meant generally on this thread, whenever her dad is mentioned it's always in negative way, I was just curious as to why
Sorry I just didn’t want people to think I’m hating on him :) and i think people generally dislike him because the narrative that keelin spreads is of him leaving them and starting a family with someone new seemed like abandonment or maybe unfair on their mother? Not really sure

Reactions: 3
I really find her dad inappropriate with the articles he writes. I’m the same age as Ellie and I remember he wrote an article basically saying she’s doing her leaving cert and studying well, but what’s the point because climate change will make the world as she knows it unliveable and there’s no point following a career. I just feel I can understand why keelin may overshare because her dad clearly has no respect for their families boundaries or (literally) broadcasting his cynical opinions about them everywhere. I really like Keelin and her content, I’ve been following her for about four years now and honestly I don’t watch a lot of YouTube but her honesty and also how transparent she can be is her strength. I really think she will make a good mother, and I think her latest video resonated with a lot of people. Sure, it’s not nice to put things like that about her mam online but I think everyone has a complex relationship with their parents but just don’t speak about it. I think the whole boundary crossing thing may have been why Ellie sort of removed her presence from online, I can’t say I blame her but I also don’t blame keelin for posting so much when their dad frames them in such bad light. Like, even if keelin wasn’t an influencer one quick Google would tell you their names and he basically had free reign to paint them however he wanted.

Reactions: 4
Her dad wrote that’s saoirse has had problems her whole life or something along those lines? Has keelin ever mentioned that I thought saoirse just abused drugs and became a bit chaotic

Reactions: 3
I just think the crying about her mother is another excuse to not hold herself accountable. Also seems like she's having a child now to do better than her own mum....so almost in a way to say...I told you so, you were terrible to me and I'll never be like that? As much as a child may be an extension of a parent they are very much their own person I don't think she understands that. She just has this fantasy of "my daughter".

As for Saoirse...she's the youngest child that started to act out probably due to her parents divorce. Doing things to try and get attention to see if they still care about her. Maybe she never got that attention and continues to act out.

Reactions: 9
I just think the crying about her mother is another excuse to not hold herself accountable. Also seems like she's having a child now to do better than her own mum....so almost in a way to say...I told you so, you were terrible to me and I'll never be like that? As much as a child may be an extension of a parent they are very much their own person I don't think she understands that. She just has this fantasy of "my daughter".
agreed. she thinks shes already an amazing parent when she hasnt even given birth yet and seems in denial about what her daughter will actually need and want.

Reactions: 6
Obviously I don't know but I'd imagine it's hard for keelins mom to watch the dad help out keelin now and have keelin praise him so much when it was her that raised them. He left. Anyway I honestly can't imagine how heartbreaking it must have been or is that he started a new family. Keelin probably shouldn't have said that on her vid but people say things when they are hurt.
Anyway I do think keelin will be a great mother

Reactions: 5
Is Saoirse at school or employed? Does anyone know? I get the impression that she’s not really doing much - I think I remember her saying she’s an artist, so is that her proper job?

Reactions: 1
Is Saoirse at school or employed? Does anyone know? I get the impression that she’s not really doing much - I think I remember her saying she’s an artist, so is that her proper job?
I seen her working in urban outfitters one day

not her wearing a brandy melville top in her latest insta and ignoring everyone when they ask where its from

Reactions: 8
Obviously I don't know but I'd imagine it's hard for keelins mom to watch the dad help out keelin now and have keelin praise him so much when it was her that raised them. He left. Anyway I honestly can't imagine how heartbreaking it must have been or is that he started a new family. Keelin probably shouldn't have said that on her vid but people say things when they are hurt.
Anyway I do think keelin will be a great mother
What age were they all when their dad split from their mum? I feel like he's painted as such a bad character because he started another family but there's a decent age gap between saoirse and cora? So I'm wondering was it immediately he had another child or had they been separated for a while? I also don't think its such a terrible thing of him to do. Obviously it will be painful for children from the previous relationship. But the man is allowed to live his life and have more children if he wants.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.