Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
shes not exactly unproblematic herself either with her past comments about environmentalism, the pic of her with dreads etc. she just loves an opportunity to put her two cents in. She also never has a remotely unique/well researched take she just looks at infographics. Obviously her overall point is correct (that it is transphobic to not allow trans athletes to participate) but she really needs to leave it to people who are more knowledgable rather than scribbling shite on her notes page for some heart reacts

Reactions: 4
shes not exactly unproblematic herself either with her past comments about environmentalism, the pic of her with dreads etc. she just loves an opportunity to put her two cents in. She also never has a remotely unique/well researched take she just looks at infographics. Obviously her overall point is correct (that it is transphobic to not allow trans athletes to participate) but she really needs to leave it to people who are more knowledgable rather than scribbling shite on her notes page for some heart reacts
Can someone tell what was in the shampaine highlight she deleted ? I remember someone mentioned it a while ago

shes not vegan , just vegetarian
very much depends on your personal stance on cross contamination as well, I’ve been veggie for 5 years and i will eat the plant based whopper because it’s not contributing to any animal dying🤷🏽‍♀️ and i know lots of vegans who eat it too! but then again on the other hand one of my good friends is veggie and won’t eat it because of the cross contamination issue

Reactions: 6
Yeah sure she eats butter not too as well as the eggs.
Tbh the way she went on in the past about things it’s ridiculous that she hasn’t cut all animal products out all together and anything unsustainable, I think she’s stopped talking about them topics because she doesn’t even follow them herself.

Reactions: 2
yeah pretty sure she's given up on sustainability now tbf all her clothes are from urban or brandy melville, she's vegetarian not vegan, she flew from london to dublin back and forth (and moved during a pandemic and didnt follow the rules may i add), she shows no interest in environmentalism anymore, she orders from amazon, she made merch, wanted to buy a van to drive all around france, she uses stuff in plastic constantly including beauty products

she's come a long way from this lol

Reactions: 3
yeah pretty sure she's given up on sustainability now tbf all her clothes are from urban or brandy melville, she's vegetarian not vegan, she flew from london to dublin back and forth (and moved during a pandemic and didnt follow the rules may i add), she shows no interest in environmentalism anymore, she orders from amazon, she made merch, wanted to buy a van to drive all around france, she uses stuff in plastic constantly including beauty products

she's come a long way from this lol
Honestly that is like a completely different person. Even her voice sounds different now.

Reactions: 5
Sorry I really hope I wasn't offensive or stupid with my last comment. My daughters are always correcting me on things, I hope I haven't upset or offended anyone.

I am surprised by how generic girly she's going for this baby, I would have expected more neutral.

Sorry I really hope I wasn't offensive or stupid with my last comment. My daughters are always correcting me on things, I hope I haven't upset or offended anyone.

I am surprised by how generic girly she's going for this baby, I would have expected more neutral.
I don’t wanna be rude but what did you say in the last comment I can’t see it 🤣🤣

I don’t wanna be rude but what did you say in the last comment I can’t see it 🤣🤣
Am I missing something glaringly obvious here, I thought the IRFU made the obvious decision for the safety of their players?
My sister used to play and they get separated qt a certain stage because of the very clear discrepancies between males and females?

I genuinely don't mean to ae offensive I'm a woman if the 70s learning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Am I missing something glaringly obvious here, I thought the IRFU made the obvious decision for the safety of their players?
My sister used to play and they get separated qt a certain stage because of the very clear discrepancies between males and females?

No I don’t think you’re being offensive although some people now a days would attack you for saying something like this 🤣 I think when transgender women take hormones it makes them the same strength as other women? I think? I really don’t know if someone else wants to elaborate 😂

No I don’t think you’re being offensive although some people now a days would attack you for saying something like this 🤣 I think when transgender women take hormones it makes them the same strength as other women? I think? I really don’t know if someone else wants to elaborate 😂
Ahhhh that makes a lot of sense thank you so much. I presumed it was just in relation to people assuming the identity of, as in anyone could say "I'm female" yes of course hormones impact things. Though, controversially, I wouks still think it a good decision but sad if it makes any trans trabs person feel excluded.

Thanks so much for replying, I worry about being a Karen sometimes in my ignorance!

there’s basically two main arguments: one is that people who are AMAB (assigned male at birth) are inherently better at sports because they tend to be bigger, can put on muscle easier, run faster etc. due to genetic predisposition, and therefore its unfair to put them in the same league as cisgender/AFAB (assigned female at birth) women in sporting events. on the other hand, there’s also the argument that most people of keelin’s age (and most medical journals may i add) have which is that once someone who is AMAB starts taking estrogen or puberty blockers, this actually inhibits any advantage they may have.

the argument at the end of the day seems to be whether or not this inhibition through taking HRT (hormone replacement therapy) is enough to place them on an equal footing with cisgender women. of course, this throws up further difficulties, like the question of if there is genetic predisposition to a certain sport, you shouldn’t be allowed to play; in which case the swimmer michael phelps, who has size 14 feet which acted like flippers and also his body produced half the lactic acid of his competitors, meaning he could recover from high octane activity faster and thus train more without injury, surely also should have been excluded from the sport. if it becomes an issue of women who have more testosterone than their competitors, there are plenty cis women (myself included) who have hormonal conditions which mean they have more testosterone in their body than other women, meaning they technically also have this supposed predisposition to sport and advantage over their competitors. and there is also the issue of people who are born intersex, who would not presumably be on form sports-wise with cisgender men, but would perhaps be genetically predisposed to be more talented at sports than cisgender female competitors. see caster semenya, for example, who is an intersex woman who has been told by the international athletics committee that she must take HRT to have more estrogen in her body which will then make it more difficult for her to train and compete. its up to you whether you think this is fair or not: caster semenya herself says it puts her at an unfair advantage, and is taking legal action against the committee. and remember that michael phelps was never made to take any medication which made his body produce more lactic acid, and thus inhibit his performance.

another thing is in this case, rugby is an extremely physical sport, and you’re right, having certain players who are much more physically large and stronger than their competitors could make it dangerous for cisgender women to play. however, that is assuming that AMAB players are indeed bigger, stronger, and simply better at rugby in every single case, which is what seems to be the debate.

hope that helps! and yeah, some folk on the internet would certainly take asking questions as an immediate cause for attack, but thats no way of making progress!! there’s no harm in having informed discussion, as long as everyone’s polite to each other :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Isn’t her due date very soon, like in a week or so? I’m guessing she’s going to go with Banbha (unsure of spelling sorry) now instead of Saorlaith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.