Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm surprised the kids still let them continuously take photos and film. Must be a bit boring for them? I know my kids definitely don't like me snapping away all the time!

Babel

Thanks, and dont worry - I just assumed from a few things she was somewhere near me and you've confirmed it.

I mean the area isn’t cheap but I do think they could’ve got more for their money than that, especially considering the amount of changes they’ve also spent money on now
They must have spent LOADS of money on all the work already so far. I know she said they had some equity but surely not enough to upgrade that much to such an expensive house and do everything they’ve done? Definitely some family money there somewhere I’m sure!

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
The house might be looking nice but you couldn’t pay me to live in that area! They overpaid for that house and the amount they’ve spent on it far exceeds the ceiling price of the house. No problem if it’s your forever home but I very much doubt this is.
Do they live in a rough area? I'm surprised! They seem very la de dah 👒 and like they'd have no idea that crime and poverty exists

JessaP

Well fancy that! Also, if this turns out to be their “forever home” I’ll eat my hat. 🙄🙄
Totally agree! They'll get a massive house at some point. I think it would be refreshing if she didn't, as her home is lovely, even though some of her decor is questionable (teeny tiny bathroom sink).

Oh I agree that she is only 6 and she does seem very sweet, and I completely understand that we don't see everything. And you are correct that Katie has mentioned before about her being shy so maybe this is a reason why she doesn't appear as old with her speech and it may be a confidence thing. Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh, and there are things I really like about the way she's bringing up her children (like not making them conform to gender stereotypes) and I think you can see how much she loves and adores her children and the long trips with Maddie for football, something she loves, show this. I definitely don't think they are way behind, and they do all seem happy and loved from what we see. However, I do stand by my point that she does seem to still do a LOT of baby talk and she does baby Wren. In my opinion, and it is just that, at nearly 3 and a half and going to school in a year, a child should be able to hold a fairly decent conversation and doesn't really need to be in nappies in the day unless there are underlying medical reasons for these. Obviously to a certain extent choices are up to parents on how they raise their children but whether they want to be or not, due to the position these influencers have put themselves in (especially with being a part of CM) they are seen as people to "look up to" in regards to parenting, and when they choose to share certain things with thousands of people they are opening themselves up to criticism, like for example, the sleeping in his own bed posts.

I do agree with Betty that this seems to be a theme with a lot of these influencers that they baby their children a lot, so it's definitely not just Katie, and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, however choose to put your whole life online, then these things are open to debate 🤷‍♀️
This ☝🏻 I do think they’re loving parents but I still do think the girls are treated differently and maybe that’s what I meant when I said Lottie (and Wren) seemed ‘behind’. Maybe not in the overall scheme of things and other children but with how they treat Maddie in comparison. People feature their children so open to scrutiny I’m afraid 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sabbie

VIP Member
I hate the pink! But at least she said they can paint it when they get sick of it. I can't even imagine how much that build costs. I do like the look of it so far, though.

Cao97x

Chatty Member
They must have spent LOADS of money on all the work already so far. I know she said they had some equity but surely not enough to upgrade that much to such an expensive house and do everything they’ve done? Definitely some family money there somewhere I’m sure!
Their previous house sold for £276k

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
@Onthefence and that is the purpose of influencers, to make you feel that you would be happier if you brought all the stuff and went on all the holidays these pretend average mums 'just like us' have. It's because of them (not singling Katie out) that people are getting into debt for Disney holidays, bifold doors and f&b paint.
You just have to remember it is all make believe. They are basically actors in the Trueman show.
Brilliantly put!

Instawanker

I just think she's clever with money. They use brand work wisely. She never accepts shit AD after shit AD like others. She puts lots of work into one big AD rather than lots of little ones!
The sofas there are the first brand new sofas they ever had. You don't see her doing cleaning product hauls or home bargains crap hauls! She seems to invest in good pieces that last. They don't go OTT at Christmas or Birthdays etc.

They don't even seem to have takeaways or meals out for no reason. It's an occasion. I just don't think she wastes money!
You need to get your facts right. The sofas in their old house were bought by them from next!

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
On insta stories recently, she said she left school 18 years ago so that would make her 34. She then on another stories said that she was 'just' in her early 30s.. so I thought 33 as 34 is mid 30s but she I think she must be 34 and still classes that as earlies 30s.
[automerge]1543084348[/automerge]I think she looks young and mostly dresses young.. her glasses age her I think and the granny cardigans.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I really like her in most aspects, the only thing I would say is she really needs to grow her hair out again, she’s aged massively since she’s cut it short, combined with the sun damaged skin, she looks a lot older than she is.