Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mechanicmum

Well I just spotted her in another instamum's photo at a Mark Warner holidays event, so I guess it's more free holidays all round!

Reactions: 1

Ktpeterson

I am disappointed also, there does look to be a lot of ass kissing for personal gain and this shows a persons true colours

Cao97x

Chatty Member
I’m a bit late but the area she lives in isn’t THAT bad. I worked there for a while whilst at uni, I worked 6 days a week during the holidays (20 weeks a year) to get experience in my field of study and stayed in the accommodation provided by my employer. One of my best friends lives just outside of the area too and they’ve worked in that area since they were 16- so around 6/7 years ago and he grew up around there. I guess it depends where you’ve grown up or lived yourself as that tends to be where you compare places to. They definitely overpaid for their house though, especially considering the money they must have put into it to do all of the renovating!

People saying the snug is small... it’s bigger than my childhood bedroom lol. Considering it’s not a main room in their house I don’t think it’s small at all

Last edited:

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
Too much to go into but essentially she’s a money grabbing, narcissistic little toad who deliberately flouts the rules, plays the victim constantly, turns on the emotional blackmail/mental health card to suit her own agenda. Causes shit storm after shit storm all of her own making but places blame everywhere else. Used a trip to get a breast lump checked as an excuse to do an advert for Next. Lied repeatedly about a gifted holiday to Disney. Lies about EVERYTHING. Misleading followers daily. Racist content in her videos and a massive shit storm that followed. Husband is a tosser, he thinks his shit don’t stink.

You’d have to skim the threads to go more in depth. 🤪
Thanks!! Quite glad shes not someone I've followed!

Whatyadoin’

Yes, she won't take them out of school and she is very clear in what she's financed and what's been gifted. Jon has a good job and she clearly does ok with her work too. She has talked about the BA sales, so maybe she's a bit canny with flight finding!
Yes, she won't take them out of school and she is very clear in what she's financed and what's been gifted. Jon has a good job and she clearly does ok with her work too. She has talked about the BA sales, so maybe she's a bit canny with flight finding!

BA have some good sales on and I know she has booked flights at these times before. British Airways Exec Club have a points scheme called Avios and you can actually convert your Tesco Clubcard points to avios points and get money off flights which helps.

CuckooLand

Really annoys me when these instagramers do the whole “I don’t think insta is working properly today, have you seen my latest post” on their stories, just such a boring and obvious way to get people liking your posts!
Oh gosh, that really is annoying!!!! Oh diddums!! Maybe people are realising they’re all way too attention seeking and not quite as unique and inspiring as they make out!! 😉

Is her latest post a Ad? Kids come on uses your card to buy the shopping at M&S mummy needs her fajitas
Yes, it is an ad if you look carefully at the first word she’s put ad but it’s like she’s trying to blend it in with everything else so you don’t necessarily see it straight away. Not very transparent is it? Tut tut Katie!!
Kids used aswell to make it all so cutesy and saintly!!!!!
And whatcha reckon... Is she trying to get in with M&S now?? Is a tesco fajita not good enough anymore for your unoriginal kitchen???

Last edited:

Alightened

VIP Member
I've just watched the IKEA video.
I'm not sure if I'm being petty, but are her eyebrows always that bad? The beauty therapist in me is dying to get my hands on them and sort them out. Maybe I could offer her a gifted treatment 😂

Also, she was buying baskets and jars maybe spent £60 on them!!! So they look nice in the cupboard.
Eh????
I can remember her once saying that she hated her eyebrows and warning people not to pluck from the top of your brows like she'd done when she was younger, she said she really regretted it.

I suspect they will look into scholarships for Maddie - certainly she could get a sports one.
don’t some big football clubs pay school fees if a child is talented enough? Or am I imagining that?

Surprised too they’re not in America again but I guess the kitchen is costing a bomb. You'd think they’d get bored of the states though now and do something else, they’ve been so many times...

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Yes, this is why I stopped following. The 'just like you' act doesn't wash with me. Admit that you got a great Ad deal or that a video got so many views you were able to pay for such and such but they can't do that because viewers would work out that they are being used.

When I followed she was fabulous at replying and really quickly sometimes too. I did wonder how she did this when she has three children to look after. Mrs Meldrum has implied that a lot of influencers don't actually reply themselves and I wonder if Katie is one of them? Emily Norris is another who always replied. Again I now suspect it is actually someone else from Channel Mum or an assistant replying on their behalf.

meetmeinthemiddle

One thing that always bugs me about her travels is 'omg this is the most amazing place ever' or 'this is somewhere we've always wanted to go'. She literally says that about every single bloody place! I mean how long is your bucket list?! I also feel like she could be standing in front of a brick wall and call it the best place ever. 🤣 Considering they love travel she's hardly been to any countries tbh, she needs to try venturing to new places other than America every time. What about Asia? Africa? I'd love to see her reaction if she were to visit some of the world's wonders if she gets that excited about a beach!
This is true. Also, her edits are amazing and her footage stunning, but I find myself fast forwarded the speaking bits to get to the other, I feel her narrative does become repetitive and she needs to mix that up. But otherwise, I love her travel stuff.

Tothemoonandback

Is Chanel mum even that big thoug? 70k Instagram subscribers, 150k YouTube ? Is that really worth marking YouTube vids to remain part of?
(Genuine question- I don’t know much about Chanel mum or how it works you see- not trying to be rude)

JessaP

Greed and wanting everything and NOW
Exactly this!
I totally understand the desire to show your kids the world (carbon footprint aside). I would love to take these trips but never at the expense of slapping £75k+ to my mortgage. She'll have to pay for it all eventually. Influencers have a shelf life!

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Think this is referring to her "welcome back" comment on Rebecca Meldrums insta. Meldrum had posted a story which had a racist comment made by someone. She went off insta for a while but when she came back Katie welcomed her back.
Ah sorry, i get it now, thank you x

Bumble2019

VIP Member
did i hear someone say she i sponsored by some fajita company?!

I'm 3 minutes into the Q&A video and am having to turn off. She's just so awful.

• Haha

Lexi_58836

I'm all about family too but I haven't seen my mother in law for 7 years. I told my husband before we had kids that I'd never let her near them and he was in agreement.

I don't think it's fair to make a very sweeping statement without knowing the ins and outs of someone's life.
Omg wow!! Whats wrong with one from B&M?! Haha. Where does she get her money from? Her channel is small and she isn't ad heavy. I understand Jon has a good job but how good??
she does work for other brands. She’s mentioned she’s created a lot of content for visit Orlando I think it was.