Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sp20191

VIP Member
So...what are your opinions on the bathroom? I like the style, but I'm surprised by the overall lack of practicality. There's no storage whatsoever. I'm like gurl, you have three tiny people who need to use this space. And those tiny people will inevitably get bigger. You can't all share the on suit forever.
We have one basket in our bathroom which is storage, it's way to small for anything else in there...no en suite either ?

Reactions: 1
Same, I'm disappointed in her too.
I haven't unfollowed, but depending on how she responds to people who tell her why they've unfollowed I might well do too.

She has never said where the cooker is going or if they are having a extractor fan hood?

I expect a induction hob on the island as there is literally no where else for it to go.

Personally I would have preferred a sink on the island and cooker In alcove for splash back of cooking etc especially if kids are sitting at the island? But looks like all the plumbing is on the wall for the washing machine and dishwasher.

I hate the pink! Can’t believe her husband agreed to it. But I have enjoyed watching the renovation blogs even with her repeating herself, but then I always was a big fan of property ladder with Sarah Beeny. 🙈
I wonder if she’s putting the hob on the island with a rising extractor fan as these are really popular at the moment as they hide when not in use and provide a barrier between hob and anyone sitting opposite.
I also don’t love the pink but I’m sure she said they can paint it later if need be

Veronica

Chatty Member
Ahh my dad has a boiling water tap, he says it's the bain of his existence and always is on the blink. He's given up with it and just used the kettle 😂

I think maybe she's going to have appliances hidden away? She seems the sort who keep their toaster in a cupboard if you know what I mean!
I've just watched this week's update, maybe they will go in the alcove.

JessaP

Ha ha!! I’m glad I’m not the only one who wondered if this was Katie!!!!! 🤣
Originally I wondered this, but I think she has quite a solid fanbase within Tattle. Which means not thinking the sun shines out of her behind is an unpopular opinion 😂🙈

Thanks for posting that swatch photo @Lucyinthesky88 , the island looks more interesting with the Barbie pink filter over it. The dusky pink is so safe and will look odd with the tiles she's selected for the utility room. Way too much pink.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
As expected Katie has been 'influenced' kitchen wise just as she was with the lounge and bathroom by At_lucys_house

Tothemoonandback

Her house isn’t as big as it looks, she lives in a very affordable area of the country and did get the house at an amazing price. I like Jon, I think he always looks embarrassed but I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything he didn’t want to, but he does support Katie.
House looks big to me but I guess it’s subjective.

I like Katie and Jon too (minus his constant smirk 🥴 😏 that in fairness he has stopped doing in the last couple of photos).

When you say “amazing price” what kind of ballpark are we talking do you think x

Mabelrose

VIP Member
Pedophiles everywhere not just online and most tend to be someone that the person knows with the child. I don't agree with it but the world is starting to get more crazier.
BIG difference filming your 7yr old daughter in just her knickers in her own home rather than at the beach, you are talking of thousands of people having access to watch. I agree with you in that , pedalo’s are certainly everywhere, historically though they would be at the beach/swimming pools, parks etc, now they can sit and watch whilst these kids are in the privacy of their own homes. It’s also very very easy to work out where these floggers live, where their kids go to school. Why would any parent think that’s ok?
I actually like Katie, I think she would do well on her own without showing her kids, I love her interior stuff and she’s funny.

Satsuke

I swear she’s said before their town was on like a top 10 worst towns in England list or something 😂 couldn’t find it on any but I doubt it’s that bad, probably just boring.
Weird they chose to live there when really they could live anywhere.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
They're getting a snug? Do they really need another room downstairs!
She even said herself they don’t, and it looks very small (hard to tell though I know). I know she said it would have been a huge job but imo it would have been better sense to move the downstairs toilet, open up more of the kitchen and have the toilet where the snug is

It’s all got rather boring. She’s looking twiggy too. I feel sorry for the kids a lot of the time she seems to highlight the oldest. Who is extra gifted. I forgot they even had a boy.

Queenie

VIP Member
I dislike the fact she gets so many back to back free holidays while other families may never have been able to afford a family holiday. Not her fault that she’s offered them but it’s just a very unfair system.

Queenie30

I agree the snug is small, personally would have had a bigger utility/cloakroom or something. Or a downstairs toilet, I can't recall if they have a downstairs bathroom atm.

I don't like the island at all, it seems a waste of space. Don't get me wrong I would love one, but I think you need a very wide big kitchen for them to sit right, otherwise they seem to just look odd to me. Her kitchen looks more long than wide. I hate the pink too, it's very sickly. I am sure when it's done it will be very quirky and her taste.

Very random, but I always think with Katie that she puts on that voice for the camera. Like, does she really talk like that when it's just her and John?!
I’ve always thought this about her voice too! It’s like she’s presenting something?! I find it really irritating

meetmeinthemiddle

I know this woman. Although not somebody I choose to spend time with any longer she is someone I have known well for a number of years. It’s not shyness. She’s spiteful, calculating and incredibly cold. She uses her blogging peers to boost her follower counts while telling people how much she despises the ones she pretends to be friends with (brummy in particular) and that she would never hang out with them if they couldn’t boost her career. She is a true mean girl in every sense.
She has the “nice” act down pat, I’ll give her that but an act is exactly what it is.
Do you know her in a professional capacity?

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
She seems like a nice enough person and I do think her vlogs are beautifully edited especially her travel ones, but is it just me or does she extremely baby her youngest? I know all children develop at different rates but he's 3 and will be about to start school this time next year won't he? Yet I wouldn't say his speech and language skills are particularly great (his words are fairly clear but he doesn't seem to string too many words together or hold much of a conversation), he's still in nappies and it seems to be a massive deal that he's gone to sleep in his bed for a few nights without anybody being there. By that age things like staying in their own bed and going to sleep by themselves are just behavioural. I know we don't see everything so we don't know if there has been unsuccessful potty training attempts or she has more conversations with him, but I just get the feeling she doesn't want to accept that he's not a baby or even a toddler anymore and is starting to become a little boy.
This seems to be a massive theme for a lot of these women. Trying to keep one or all of their kids “toddler like” for as long as possible.

Mrs Meldrum treats all her kids like babies - the 2 year old, 4 year old and 8 year old all have the exact same portion of dinner to eat/same 7.30pm bedtime. She sends the 4 & 8 year old to the same activities- all suitable for the younger one.

CuckooLand

I think she's probably counting on a big inheritance from her folks one day. Doesn't look like they are shy of a bob or two.
Of course she is. Grandparents have a big farm don’t they.... 🤔 Sadly there are people like this out there. I’ve experienced this. 😞

I really like the kitchen (although not that shade of pink) and I think will look nice once done, but agree that the island is far too big for the space- and I like an island. Will be interesting to see what it’s like once the worktops are on...