Katie Ellison #4 Talking about books and trying on clothes. As exciting as Katie’s content goes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her weight loss is so noticeable when she turns to the side. Literally nothing of her at all and actually looking quite frail. Not great and a bit worried for her to be honest. Hope she has people close to her who are able to let know how unhealthy this is.

Reactions: 5
Her new hair looks awful it’s too dark and the cut looks like she’s done it herself
It looks like a wig! Looks too far forward on her face and just odd! Her hair used to be lovely! Not sure if it looks worse because of her skeletal face though!

Reactions: 5
She has ADHD??
I’m really shocked! She’s one of the most well turned out, organised and consistent people on social media. Kids and home generally look immaculate and she creates amazing content whilst managing her home and family.
She does seem anxious but she appears to have good friendships and a very stable, wholesome life.
i know we only see a curated side and you can mask ADHD but this is so at odds with the image she projects.

Reactions: 6
She has ADHD??
I’m really shocked! She’s one of the most well turned out, organised and consistent people on social media. Kids and home generally look immaculate and she creates amazing content whilst managing her home and family.
She does seem anxious but she appears to have good friendships and a very stable, wholesome life.
i know we only see a curated side and you can mask ADHD but this is so at odds with the image she projects.
🤔 indeed

She has ADHD??
She has probably watched a few tiktoks that make adhd look quirky by doing things like having a song stuck in your head all the time or forgetting names and swlf diagnosed herself. Whereas adhd is actually a debilitating condition

Reactions: 11
Sadly so many influencers have jumped on this bandwagon when they have run out of content. Wasn’t her bestie Louise also making the same claim. 🤔

Reactions: 11
That’s what I thought. I’m not trying to gatekeep ADHD diagnoses but it’s a debilitating neurological condition that can make life unbearable if left untreated.
Social media can convince people that they are ADHDers. Perhaps she will address it. She’s just so incredibly wholesome, perfect, high achieving kids and has a life full of rich experiences which need organising and executing. She pulls it all off with aplomb and then tells us she has ADHD.
I hope she realises sharing ADHD memes isn’t cute or quirky…
She wouldn’t share memes about diabetes or other conditions so why ADHD.

Reactions: 10
That’s what I thought. I’m not trying to gatekeep ADHD diagnoses but it’s a debilitating neurological condition that can make life unbearable if left untreated.
Social media can convince people that they are ADHDers. Perhaps she will address it. She’s just so incredibly wholesome, perfect, high achieving kids and has a life full of rich experiences which need organising and executing. She pulls it all off with aplomb and then tells us she has ADHD.
I agree. Same when people say they are “a little bit OCD.” I get it but actually having OCD is crippling.
I’m fairly convinced I have ADD or similar and my life is what feels like an unmitigated disaster. And the worst bit is the crippling guilt around things not done.

Reactions: 10
This, I have ADD, diagnosed years ago and it has significantly impacted my life. I’m unmedicated at the moment, so it feels like everything is a struggle. (But I don’t feel the need to bleat about it for content on social media, in fact I’m quite ashamed of my diagnosis, so not many people actually know about it)

Reactions: 2
This, I have ADD, diagnosed years ago and it has significantly impacted my life. I’m unmedicated at the moment, so it feels like everything is a struggle. (But I don’t feel the need to bleat about it for content on social media, in fact I’m quite ashamed of my diagnosis, so not many people actually know about it)
Oh please don’t be ashamed! Embrace it. From one neurodivergent to another, we have our own special ways of viewing the world and it should be embraced. We’re not wrong. A neurotypical isn’t right. I’m AuADHD and after learning about it I have an increased level of self awareness as to why I feel and think the way they do that others can only dream of. Please please please don’t be embarrassed or ashamed

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure I also have ADD. Do you mind me asking what you mean by everything is a struggle? For me everything is a struggle, I’m currently quitting a job as a lawyer after many years because all the pressure of the way it has affected my performance has built up. I am doing the world’s longest handover note because all the anxiety has built up. My house is to put it bluntly filthy, think bathrooms, overflowing laundry basket. The kitchen is fairly clean but that’s about it. I have lots of reminder letters about the same thing on my hall table!! Lots!!
I’m considering seeking a diagnosis so I can get medication but then I read that it wears off/becomes less effective.

I’m pretty sure I also have ADD. Do you mind me asking what you mean by everything is a struggle? For me everything is a struggle, I’m currently quitting a job as a lawyer after many years because all the pressure of the way it has affected my performance has built up. I am doing the world’s longest handover note because all the anxiety has built up. My house is to put it bluntly filthy, think bathrooms, overflowing laundry basket. The kitchen is fairly clean but that’s about it. I have lots of reminder letters about the same thing on my hall table!! Lots!!
I’m considering seeking a diagnosis so I can get medication but then I read that it wears off/becomes less effective.
I have a diagnosis and take Elvanse which has been life-changing for me! A diagnosis can help you to make peace with yourself ❤

Hello
For me it has impacted pretty much every area of my life. School was a struggle to keep focussed and organised, ditto uni. My executive function is awful, I struggle to retain things (even struggle to take them in the first place). I can’t read text, my mind won’t focus, I have to highlight and re- read many times.
I have not progressed as far in my career as my uni peers, family life can be tough. Just attending to paying bills, car maintenance and general admin is almost impossible. OH used to get very frustrated with me, he didn’t get that I literally cannot do some stuff, but now he gets it
My house is either super organised (when I’m hyper focussed) or a tip.
I also find it hard to plan and track time. Like I know something needs doing at a certain point in the future, but suddenly that day is here. I forget to send birthday cards,etc.
Work is hard, I’ve stepped up a level and this role is quite frangemnted, which my brain struggles with. I feel like an imposter, as I mask a lot
I get very overwhelmed quickly and I live in a constant state of anxiety
(Reading that makes me wonder why I’m currently unmedicated)
On the plus side, when I’m hyper focussed I’m incredibly productive! .

Reactions: 1
I have worked with many neurodivergent individuals as well as having a husband who has ADHD. I have no idea if this is a condition Katie thinks she may have or a condition she has sought an assessment for & one for which she has met the criteria? What I would say is, I think it would be hard to tell from short snippets of her life one way or the other.

Struggles with aspects of executive functioning are within the make-up of many (most) of us to a greater or lesser extent as our strengths & weaknesses sit on a continuum or within a spectrum. If this is an official diagnosis sought using NICE guidelines I have every sympathy for Katie but if she is self-diagnosing I would urge her to stop since she could be presenting with other conditions seperate from or co-morbid with a diagnosis of ADHD. If she believes this is a possibility then it would be advanteous for her to request a referral from her GP to a properly qualified individual or group of individuals for an assessment to ascertain if she fulfills the diagnostic criteria. Referral, of course, doesn't mean acceptance for assessment.

Reactions: 3
I have worked with many neurodivergent individuals as well as having a husband who has ADHD. I have no idea if this is a condition Katie thinks she may have or a condition she has sought an assessment for & one for which she has met the criteria? What I would say is, I think it would be hard to tell from short snippets of her life one way or the other.

Struggles with aspects of executive functioning are within the make-up of many (most) of us to a greater or lesser extent as our strengths & weaknesses sit on a continuum or within a spectrum. If this is an official diagnosis sought using NICE guidelines I have every sympathy for Katie but if she is self-diagnosing I would urge her to stop since she could be presenting with other conditions seperate from or co-morbid with a diagnosis of ADHD. If she believes this is a possibility then it would be advanteous for her to request a referral from her GP to a properly qualified individual or group of individuals for an assessment to ascertain if she fulfills the diagnostic criteria. Referral, of course, doesn't mean acceptance for assessment.

She just posted an ADHD meme and said ‘this is me’. So who knows if it’s a proper diagnosis 🤷‍♀️
It’s just odd as she’s never mentioned her diagnosis before. Memes make it look cute and quirky when it’s a very difficult and debilitating condition.

She just posted a quirky ADHD meme and said ‘that’s me’. The memes make it look like a cute personality trait rather than a debilitating lifelong condition.
And she’s never mentioned it again. Waiting lists for NHS adult assessments are years and years in most areas so perhaps she’s had a private diagnosis.
It’s true that we can’t tell from her posts and don’t really know her at all. But it would be good if she addressed it as otherwise she looks like someone that’s jumped on a social media trend

She just posted an ADHD meme and said ‘this is me’. So who knows if it’s a proper diagnosis 🤷‍♀️
It’s just odd as she’s never mentioned her diagnosis before. Memes make it look cute and quirky when it’s a very difficult and debilitating condition.

She just posted a quirky ADHD meme and said ‘that’s me’. The memes make it look like a cute personality trait rather than a debilitating lifelong condition.
And she’s never mentioned it again. Waiting lists for NHS adult assessments are years and years in most areas so perhaps she’s had a private diagnosis.
It’s true that we can’t tell from her posts and don’t really know her at all. But it would be good if she addressed it as otherwise she looks like someone that’s jumped on a social media trend
The jumping on a bandwagon or making a meme is my worry. It lessens this diagnosis for others who truly experience the challenges ADHD brings to their door. I suppose, I always feel Katie, is a sort of trend hopper so I hope this isn't the case. If it is & there's no ADHD or ADD I hope she feels some shame.