Katie Ellison #4 Talking about books and trying on clothes. As exciting as Katie’s content goes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me she’s just trying too hard to be something she is not.
For me too! I also have no interest anymore. I don’t think she knows who she is outside of her kids. I think because of that she tries to keep up with the trends, but that doesn’t work for a woman of her age, it’s not legitimate and it comes across as cringe. Definitely not aspirational!

Reactions: 6
For me too! I also have no interest anymore. I don’t think she knows who she is outside of her kids. I think because of that she tries to keep up with the trends, but that doesn’t work for a woman of her age, it’s not legitimate and it comes across as cringe. Definitely not aspirational!
Yes all these clothes reels are pure cringe. Obviously she can monetise the kids less and less now they’re older (rightly so) and travel, which she is really good at, has to fit round school terms. I think covid really f***ed her up, her travel content was on a real high and then it all just disappeared overnight. She’s struggled to build it back up again because she doesn’t have the flexibility of other travel bloggers because of kids again so she’s flailing around for some kind of USP but never hitting the mark. She ought to push hard on the travel at all opportunities and try and build some momentum as that’s her talent niche, if she wants to survive online

Reactions: 7
She does travel well, I agree, but I get that she can’t just do travel stuff. She doesn’t work apart from her YouTube stuff?, so I’m sure she could do more out and about stuff. Didn’t she get gifted a cricut? I’d love to see her do some crafty bits with that. I don’t mean sticking labels on stuff, but there’s so much you can do with those machines, they’re ace!
If I didn’t have to work FT, I could do sooooo much.

Reactions: 4
For me she’s just trying too hard to be something she is not.
It’s the fake humble gratitude and smugness
Making out like having a pizza infront of the tv is a real luxury when in reality they jet around the globe multiple times a year, live in an expensive area in a large house, have wealthy parents and spend god knows how much on clothes every week
I don’t begrudge this at all by the way - but it’s her insincerity. Own that you’re a wealthy family, don’t try to pretend like you know how hard life can be for most

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All these stories about not sleeping... I'm going to take a wild guess and say its because you are starving and your body needs fuel to do basic tasks. Just eat katie.

When I was at my smallest ie. Starving myself too I could barely sleep as my stomach was in pain. So j know from experience

Reactions: 11
Just watched her latest vlog and had a random thought .. can you imagine her son when he's older .. "Hi, I'm Wren..." just such an odd name .. sorry not to offend anyone!!

Reactions: 7
Just watched her latest vlog and had a random thought .. can you imagine her son when he's older .. "Hi, I'm Wren..." just such an odd name .. sorry not to offend anyone!!
Or "I'm Wrenny" lol!!

Reactions: 3
It's an odd choice when they all have pretty standard names. I'm guessing she was sucked up in the influencer life that it impacted the name choice.

Reactions: 6
It's an odd choice when they all have pretty standard names. I'm guessing she was sucked up in the influencer life that it impacted the name choice.
He’s named after a character in Pretty Little Liars, which I remember thinking was an odd choice at the time! Now I just think of Wren kitchens 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I actually think she's got more going on in her head than most of the other influencers in her category, but she's so vanilla. How does she have a following? Does she actually make enough money from it? There's nothing interesting happing apart from her travel blogs. The travel stuff is lovely, so artistic and well thought out. But everything else, is just blah. In the words of Joey, it's just moo! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Don't shot me but I actually like the name Wren. I know an adult man called Renny. He pulls it off well.

She does a lot of ADs but does put the work into them. I am suprised she is still going through. I worry especially about Maddie now she is at senior school. So much of her life shared online. With just a few clicks on the Internet I have worked out what school she goes to and what football club she now plays for.

I go through phases with Katie, but I’m definitely feeling a little jealous of their lives at the moment. I love all of the family things they do together. They are so lucky to have all of the holidays they have, as well as such a privileged life at home too.

I wonder where they will travel in the summer…

Reactions: 3
I go through phases with Katie, but I’m definitely feeling a little jealous of their lives at the moment. I love all of the family things they do together. They are so lucky to have all of the holidays they have, as well as such a privileged life at home too.

I wonder where they will travel in the summer…
Very lucky indeed and I think that’s the hard line she treads because she tries to acknowledge they’re wealthy but somehow comes across as embarrassed by it but then drops out that they all fly premium economy “because it was only a little bit extra” That little bit extra for 5 of them is likely to be £500+ 🙄

• Wow
Jon is finally embracing his follicle challenges. Full egg head for Easter
😂 I saw that! He’s really not a looker is he.
---
Very lucky indeed and I think that’s the hard line she treads because she tries to acknowledge they’re wealthy but somehow comes across as embarrassed by it but then drops out that they all fly premium economy “because it was only a little bit extra” That little bit extra for 5 of them is likely to be £500+ 🙄
Yeah I agree. In fairness, it’s a no win situation really as there isn’t really a good way to acknowledge it without either being called a brag if she is straight up, or a liar if she plays it down. It’s probably impossible to get right.

While they are privileged, their kids seem to be well mannered and ‘normal’, and I like that they do things like share treats and go for bike rides to balance up the £££££ trips to Disney.