Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she stopped taking pride in there appearance when they decided they didn’t want to wear dresses and have girly hair styles. When they were little and she could dress them how she liked, they did look quite nice, but then maddie started saying she didn’t want to wear dresses ect and then lottie copied and now she just lets them wear football tops and tracksuits half the time with their hair not brushed.

Reactions: 4
I think it’s really refreshing to see someone actually letting their kids be themselves and dress as they want. Not having to be preened to pose for an IG photos. Her kids are very active and have thick curly hair which is likely to be wild and all over the place so I don’t think it’s that she doesn’t bother, just that it’s hard to maintain!

Reactions: 30
I don't really think we should be talking about anyone's children's appearance on here. But just wanted to say that it's one of the things I actually really like about Katie and family. Her girls remind me of what I was like as a child. Let kids be kids, etc. Not styled for the internet or with perfect hair all the time. Also something to be said for not teaching your daughters that their appearance is in any way important. I'd rather my kids were happy and kind than thought I cared whether they looked smart or not.

Reactions: 22
I think it’s really refreshing to see someone actually letting their kids be themselves and dress as they want. Not having to be preened to pose for an IG photos. Her kids are very active and have thick curly hair which is likely to be wild and all over the place so I don’t think it’s that she doesn’t bother, just that it’s hard to maintain!
I disagree, i think she's too busy choosing her own outfits and doing her own hair and makeup to have time for her 3 kids wardrobes clothes and hair. Pitiful parenting,. She should take a long hard look at herself.

I do feel for Jon a bit. He's clearly a private person, perhaps a little introverted, which I can relate to.

If my husband was constantly sticking a camera in my face and posting our children, I would bleeping hate it.

I would love to know what the insta partners think of their influencer spouses' choices. I know it's easy money but to give up your privacy is a big trade off. People know all about you, your kids and home and you didn't ask for it. Jon must take a bit of ribbing from his friends.
I think Katie likes to think she's the glamorous wife to ugly ginger Jon Jon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Exactly, for me I feel like the novelty of treating them like dolls wore off when they got older and when they wouldn’t wear what she wanted them to and now she focuses on her hair, makeup and outfits. She always has loads of lovely clothes and things, but you don’t really see her doing children’s clothes hauls or anything.

Reactions: 2
I only think she doesn't preen them these days because they just won't let her. She used to be the biggest culprit for staging photos for Instagram!!

Reactions: 3
Just my 2 cents but my middle daughter has hair like her daughters and its impossible to keep tidy. She just has wild hair. I also think its a good thing to just keep them as young children. Clean and tidy ie brushed and maybe a bobble is all they need.

I only think she doesn't preen them these days because they just won't let her. She used to be the biggest culprit for staging photos for Instagram!!
I agree. If she could have them presented perfectly coordinating for a great insta shot she absolutely would do!

Yeh they are an incredibly- ironically - not a very insta worthy family so she's had to go down the whole "my girls just love football" route instead.

I cannot believe people are criticizing her parenting because her kids are not picture perfect clean and tidy? Go over to Louise’s thread where she’s being criticized for picture perfect Darcy. 😆 I am sure they are choosing themselves what to wear on a muddy walk with the dog. I am glad she’s not forcing her girls to look or act a certain way that’s deemed acceptable by this damaging insta-ready society. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t think anyone is criticising her because her children aren’t picture perfect or at least I certainly wasn’t. As I said before, the main things I find weird are that since she discovered they won’t wear dresses and frills, she’s become totally uninterested in what they wear or how they look. I don’t see anything wrong with what they were wearing on the dog walk, but I have seen pictures and videos before were they just looked totally unkempt, as though they haven’t had a wash or their hair brushed in a while... nothing wrong with not being girly, but personal hygiene is at least important.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t think anyone is criticising her because her children aren’t picture perfect or at least I certainly wasn’t. As I said before, the main things I find weird are that since she discovered they won’t wear dresses and frills, she’s become totally uninterested in what they wear or how they look. I don’t see anything wrong with what they were wearing on the dog walk, but I have seen pictures and videos before were they just looked totally unkempt, as though they haven’t had a wash or their hair brushed in a while... nothing wrong with not being girly, but personal hygiene is at least important.
There are definitely comments above criticising her parenting! Heres one;

I disagree, i think she's too busy choosing her own outfits and doing her own hair and makeup to have time for her 3 kids wardrobes clothes and hair. Pitiful parenting,. She should take a long hard look at herself.
Totally uncalled for TBH. Katie likes to do her hair and makeup, the girls want to be tomboys. Should she force them to dress in pretty clothes? Or should she not do her own hair and makeup if the girls refuse to do theirs 😂😂

Sometimes posts on here just want to complain regardless. Too picture perfect, not real enough; not picture perfect, doesn't care.

Come on.

Reactions: 12
I'd hardly call her children unkempt. They play a lot of sport so comfy clothes and wind swept hair is the norm. Nothing wrong with girls in football shirts and tracksuit bottoms.

Reactions: 14
if people don’t agree that’s fair enough, but we are allowed our opinions, that’s the point of this site! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think she doesn't have anything to say or show now that the house has been completely refurbished, they can't travel and the kids have grown past the 'baby/toddler updates' phase. Her content is unbelievably boring (as most of our lives are but we're not selling them as entertainment on youtube!!). She's very obviously struggling with content and doesn't know where to go from here.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.