Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s better seeing them stay at home than other influencers who seem to take their kids out 2/3 times a day during this bloody pandemic - even ones in tier 3!!
I mean more in general though, even before covid she never took them out. I remember when they lived in their old house they used to take the girls on city breaks and days out to the city, but even that stopped when they moved into their current house.

Maybe they save their money to have holidays? Because they do a lot of activities and experiences on holiday which is arguably going to be more memorable for the kids. I’m sure they do do more at weekends than they have this year usually as well.
They don’t do more at weekends usually than what they have done this year. Since they moved into that house a few years ago they haven’t really done anything with them at all at the weekend. Covid has nothing to do with it.

I get what you’re saying, but at the same time, I think the holidays are more for her enjoyment. They go to California and San Fran ect, all the kids would want is a haven holiday to be honest. For me I can’t see why you would keep your children in all weekend and all through the summer holidays (or just go on local walks) so that you could have more money for a big America holiday. Not to mention a lot of stuff on their holidays is gifted or discounted, plus they go on loads. If they were struggling for money to pay for their holiday, then they could just do less big holidays...

Reactions: 4
She's definitely talked recently about drawing with the kids, particularly Lottie I think.

Maybe the kids aren't into panto, theatre. I certainly didn't go to them when I was growing up 🤷

Reactions: 3
We all have different priorities. We don't waste £50 each weekend on cinema or crap farms but we do have big holidays that are amazing memories and experiences. I think they have similar priorities to us. My girls don't want to look through photos at them at a local petting zoo but they do love to look at the big holidays we have done. Also we have done haven and butlins holidays and it is not the same as travelling.

Reactions: 12
She's definitely talked recently about drawing with the kids, particularly Lottie I think.

Maybe the kids aren't into panto, theatre. I certainly didn't go to them when I was growing up 🤷
How they would know if they weren’t into it when she has never taken them? And I just used that as an example, I listed a few places, including the park...

Not sure why everyone is shooting me down, I’m entitled to my opinion and personally I don’t see the point of them spending every weekend in the house or on local walk, it’s my opinion. I don’t think the holidays are always child focused (apart from Florida). She just chucks in the occasional thing that her children will enjoy too.

I went to haven as a child and I loved it (basically the only place I went because my grandparents took me), the adults might not, but the children do.

Reactions: 4
How they would know if they weren’t into it when she has never taken them? And I just used that as an example, I listed a few places, including the park...

Not sure why everyone is shooting me down, I’m entitled to my opinion and personally I don’t see the point of them spending every weekend in the house or on local walk, it’s my opinion. I don’t think the holidays are always child focused (apart from Florida). She just chucks in the occasional thing that her children will enjoy too.

I went to haven as a child and I loved it (basically the only place I went because my grandparents took me), the adults might not, but the children do.
Hang on 'everyone shooting you down'?

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

I didn't realise you knew all the days out they had ever taken

Reactions: 1
Hang on 'everyone shooting you down'?

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

I didn't realise you knew all the days out they had ever taken
Well there are multiple posts basically backing her up, if people don’t agree with my opinion, then they could just scroll on and ignore🙄 nothing anyone says will change my mind, so there’s not point in anyone trying.

And she posts every day. There isn’t a day she doesn’t post? So I don’t see how she could have been to anywhere without anyone anyone knowing?

the only time she went for quiet for a weekend was when she did a secret trip to DLP for an AD.

Well there are multiple posts basically backing her up, if people don’t agree with my opinion, then they could just scroll on and ignore🙄 nothing anyone says will change my mind, so there’s not point in anyone trying.

And she posts every day. There isn’t a day she doesn’t post? So I don’t see how she could have been to anywhere without anyone anyone knowing?

the only time she went for quiet for a weekend was when she did a secret trip to DLP for an AD.
I'm really not trying to change your opinion love.

Everyone is different and wants to experience different things. You loved Haven as a child, but I know, that for me personally, I would have hated it and preferred our trips walking in the Alps(yes I may be fortunate to have been able to do that). So not all children want to go to holiday parks.

I'm really not trying to change your opinion love.

Everyone is different and wants to experience different things. You loved Haven as a child, but I know, that for me personally, I would have hated it and preferred our trips walking in the Alps(yes I may be fortunate to have been able to do that). So not all children want to go to holiday parks.
You don’t need to be rude, calm down, it’s only a difference of opinion, you seem determined to sway me to one way.

I grew up in poverty, I didn’t do anything at the weekends or in the holidays (apart from the caravan holiday that my grandparents took me on sometimes), so yeah to me I do see kids staying in every weekend as dire. And I do see caravan parks as fun for kids, I’ve never known a kid to complain about one, in fact I’ve seen many kids crying when their parents have told them they are going to florida, because they wanted to go to butlins or Spain...

She doesn’t need to do anything expensive, a park, a beach, the seaside or a walk somewhere different, just different experiences, that’s all, other than the same four walls and the same fields...

I don’t think anyone is trying to change your mind, just offering a different viewpoint. Unlike some influencers, the children take part in clubs, including Maddie having to be driven to Arsenal to train and play weekly, they actually get outside on dog walks daily, they do family picnics and paddle boarding etc and maybe with 3 kids it’s nicer to just do that at weekends rather than trying to find expensive days out that suit all ages (my 10 year old wouldn’t be interested in the same days out as a 4 year old now) 🤷🏼‍♀️

I also don’t think that she posts everything they do. Yes she’s posts daily but I think she is quite careful about what she shows her kids doing these days.

Reactions: 5
You don’t need to be rude, calm down, it’s only a difference of opinion, you seem determined to sway me to one way.

as dire. And I do see caravan parks as fun for kids, I’ve never known a kid to complain about one, in fact I’ve seen many kids crying when their parents have told them they are going to florida, because they wanted to go to butlins or Spain...

She doesn’t need to do anything expensive, a park, a beach, the seaside or a walk somewhere different, just different experiences, that’s all, other than the same four walls and the same fields...
Me calm down 😂 you started it

It’s fair enough offering a different viewpoint, but I just don’t agree sorry. I can’t totally explain what it is, but katie always comes across quite unorganised and a bit in a rut to me. She doesn’t stray from the usual and she seems like she can’t be bothered half the time with most things, just basic things that most parents love to do, I don’t know, maybe she’s just different.

yes she tries to be careful now, but she certainly wasn’t in the beginning, most of her children’s lives are out there, including their school and where they live and how they behave. I don’t agree with the whole flogging your kids thing, I know she has a lot of worshippers, even on here, but I’m just not on board.

Me calm down 😂 you started it
Are you five years old? 😂

• Haha
Totally fair point of view and they’re all just opinions as none of us really know Katie so it’s all good.

Reactions: 2
Katie is one of the few influencers who haven't pissed me off with this desperate need to be out doing stuff during a pandemic. She hasn't had days out just for the sake of content. As someone with a sporty child even before Covid it is quite difficult to plan activities other than sport because the matches aren't always on at the sametime each week. They seem very comitted to Maddie's football so don't think they would miss a game for a trip to a farm, theatre show etc..

Reactions: 16
Also at petting farms at the moment you can’t pet animals for obvious reasons, so what’s the point?
Some kids are quieter as well, my sister would prefer to just sit and draw or play by herself then go to the zoo, or a park, or for a walk (she is 5, nearly 6). My niece likes trains, so my other sister takes to a train park sometimes, but not to the zoo or petting farm. All kids are different, it could be that they don’t want to go, so what’s the point of forcing them?

Katie is one of the few influencers who haven't pissed me off with this desperate need to be out doing stuff during a pandemic. She hasn't had days out just for the sake of content. As someone with a sporty child even before Covid it is quite difficult to plan activities other than sport because the matches aren't always on at the sametime each week. They seem very comitted to Maddie's football so don't think they would miss a game for a trip to a farm, theatre show etc..
This!!

I do agree she doesnt take them to zoos, parks, theme parks etc.
Our life is very similar in that we do go on local walks a lot, and we like a nice holiday, but we also do the holiday park trip and one theme park/zoo trip a year.
She does randomly post that they're in a city for a night or weekend but never does the children's activities, maybe she didnt as a child and so this is normal to her? Her holidays are very adult based but they are making amazing memories as a family I suppose

It seems sickly sweet, perfect life, Saint Katie is back. Talking about looking at her children and crying because she loves them so much today 🙄 Katies perfect day and perfect sunset. She really needs to read the room. I think for the most.. people are struggling right now and most mums in real life are feeling extremely pressured with having to work and home school. Not perfect Katie though. She is either chatting tit or extremely lucky. I honestly don't know why I don't unfollow her.

Reactions: 7
I don't drink tea or coffee so when I say I'm going for a coffee (pre Covid!) I actually have a diet coke

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I actually feel she is reading the room by not complaining about things. She realises she’s very privileged in this pandemic. She must be hating the fact they can’t travel but yet hasn’t moaned and whines like other influencers. She is sickly sweet, too much for me but I prefer this to the likes of the others whinging on when actually their life is pretty jammy right now

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.