Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sabbie

VIP Member
John looks like the type of guy who has a box of Walker’s cheese and onion and a box of chunky Kit Kats stashed in his garden office. Now we know why. :sneaky:

Somebody please gift her some cooking utensils!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Clare

VIP Member
It’s clearly aimed at incredibly wealthy people, with no offence to Katie and her family, they wouldn’t be the type of family to go there unless it was free. If that was a week’s camp then it’s maybe more for her audience but 3 days (inclusive) NOT A CHANCE. Families would be sacrificing their family holiday for it. She banged on about it being “a great fit” for her family but it’s not consistent with her brand of being somewhat down to Earth normal people. It definitely jars.

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
My child has been in a football camp for the three days of half term. £20 a day for a full day of training, not by ex premiership players mind and not at a luxury hotel and I didn't stand around watching all day because I was working. Would I pay that eye-watering amount even if it includes bed and breakfast and the coaches remember your kids name? Absolutely not. I am sure it was lovely if it is a freebie or if you are mega rich but that is an insane amount of money to spend on your child's hobby. I likewise would have more respect for these brands if they were offered free places to disadvantaged children or children of key workers maybe.
Wouldn't you be livid if you had paid all that money and found out an influencer and her family had been given it for free. Katie isn't a high end holiday influencer. I don't see her audience being the target market.
I expect the £20 a day holiday camps are better for children than £3500 for 3 days. Children don’t need so much indulging. Don’t get me wrong, mine don’t go without but treats are only treats if they’re out of the ordinary. There’s nothing wrong with mucking in with other ordinary kids at a football camp whilst your parents are working. Katie’s children are very fortunate, if not a little spoilt.

clapacake

To be honest I really like Katie although I don’t follow her as closely as I used to. I don’t care for the running content though, I think it’s clear that whilst she once enjoyed running she doesn’t really enjoy it anymore. And I hope she gives herself permission to give it up because her content really reflected this and seeing someone spending time doing something they don’t enjoy is a bit pointless really.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I was shocked at their pizzas for four of them.

I think John & Maddie were sharing a medium and Katie & lottie were sharing a small.

I’m no greedy cow, in fact I consider my portion sizes quite reasonable, but there’s no way that would do for us.

I can have a medium for myself at a push and my husband will have a medium/large…

Also they had no sides & no desserts to go alongside their tiny pizzas.

they eat like sparrows.

• Wow

Clare

VIP Member
With her eldest heading to high school, she really ought to stop putting her online completely. However, the eldest is the one with most Insta potential for Katie as she has the football talent & passion so it’ll be hard for her to take a step back.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
I am only 2 minutes into her video and I just can't stand the slow motion making of the bed, slow motion putting clothes away to harp music 😖 do you guys like this and consider it effort? I'm confused as to whether I'm in the minority at finding it cringe, fake, boring and unrealistic. I am a mum of 3 and I watch mum vloggers for 'real life' content, I know its all fake with them all but hers is just portrayed as so perfect. Why can't I make my bed to harp music in the mornings? I am running around looking for a shoe or the car keys or signing a reading record! Maybe her channel just isn't for me. Maybe her channel is seen as 'aspirational' pre-kids or when kids are grown to look back on and reminisce about life with children but with children of a similar age she just makes me eye roll. Its so fake.

Castle212

I actually like Katie. I know her vids are a big boring and she does say random a lot as pointed out above hilariously 😂
But I do like her.
I do agree though with some comments. I mean what kid wants a white tree. Mine is full or preschool ornaments and Kevin the carrots and multi coloured lights. But who cares the kids love it and surely that’s what it is all about right?!
I will say her house is nice. It’s done up very nicely and to a high standard but it is very overlooked which isn’t great. That glass conservatory and the door son the kitchen but your neighbours can all see right jn. I wouldn’t feel comfortable sitting in either of those rooms tbh. Shame as it’s nicely done.

Petapee

Has Katie mentioned a summer holiday this year? I can't recall if she has or hasn't. But no doubt they'll just pop up somewhere exotic over the coming weeks 🤣

• Haha

Clare

VIP Member
was

yes!!! Every time!! But then she did this when she moved house too. No mention they were even selling/looking and just one day got back from holiday and they’ve moved into a new home!!
This!! It’s exactly what started turning me off her page - “We’re just a *normal* family guys, oh, surprise! here we are on a month road trip in the US, how did that happen!” 🙄

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
No need for the crying video at all. She’s about to start secondary school. The kids in her school seeing her crying on instagram- easy target

• Wow