Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gawd. She’s really embracing the whole cringey reel thing isn’t she. The latest one isn’t quite as much of a cringefest as the ones a la Sarah this mama’s boring life. But it’s not far off, especially as Louise Pentland makes a gurning appearance in it.

Unpopular opinion….I’ll confess that, personally, I don’t really dig the Insta reels thing. I find 90% of the ones I’ve seen utterly cringey - I’m nearly itching with goosebumps and secondhand embarrassment watching them. But Katie’s recent ones look like she’s taking lessons from Sarah in cringeness, which is a shame because Katie does, IMO, have some talent in videography and photography. But if she continues with the cringe reels I’ll be unsubscribing like a shot.

Also, slight aside, but the Homesense reel feels to me like either a hidden ad or a begging ‘give me brand work’ effort, especially with the (also cringe, blatantly obvious engagement-seeking) ‘what’s your favourite item that you saw in this little cringefest? I mean this little snippet?’ GIVE ME STRENGTH!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her mum has just had a mini stroke, from her stories. She might have already put off the marathon but I’d assume she definitely would be now, and I don’t judge her for it

Reactions: 1
I think also she documented that she just wasn't able to run for any significant length of time. She started couch to 5K and struggled with that. She said her fitness levels weren't good. To be fair she was v honest about it. She didn't directly mention pulling out of the marathon.

To be honest I really like Katie although I don’t follow her as closely as I used to. I don’t care for the running content though, I think it’s clear that whilst she once enjoyed running she doesn’t really enjoy it anymore. And I hope she gives herself permission to give it up because her content really reflected this and seeing someone spending time doing something they don’t enjoy is a bit pointless really.

Reactions: 8
Didn't she do it last year? I know the actual marathon was cancelled but a lot of runners did the same distance over several runs locally.

Fair enough to her for not doing it. It’s not something you can do half-heartedly. Her mum and grandparents are poorly plus 3 busy kids. I think she should have done another post on it today though as lots of her followers will have missed the previous one and the silence just looks a bit shady. It was for charity after all not just a personal goal.

Reactions: 6
To be honest though, I wonder if she is going to be able to do it by then…I know it has been a hard year but she just doesn’t really seem to be into it, and like somebody said, it can’t be done half-heartedly. Maybe she should own it and find a different way to raise money for charity…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.