Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recall that someone did ask her, that's how we know they were rehomed.
I don't think that people would be more forgiving of her rehoming her cats over her dog. It's that her audience is bigger now and she's made more of a song and dance over purchasing/adopting Rolo. I think there would be a very harsh backlash if she were to rehome him because of these factors.
It was me that asked her on a Q&A quite a while back! She just said sadly we no longer have them or Something along those lines!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve only ever really followed her on Instagram. I am astounded the number of YouTube followers she has given to that her videos are pretty dull. And so smug! “Oh I just have so much space I don’t know what to do with it... we made sure the boiler wasn’t on show because it doesn’t look very nice does it”

Well we don’t all have the luxury of that.

You know you have too much space in your kitchen when there’s a drawer for the bin 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yeah, thanks Katie, my kitchen does look rubbish with my boiler on show. Oh and my bin. And my washing machine. I'm doing my best!!;

Now I think about it, isn't it really stupid to post a video online showing precisely where you keep all your valuables & tech equipment? Seems like that might even invalidate contents insurance?

Reactions: 11
Why have they blocked the boiler in like that, there is no room if they need to have it serviced etc.
her kitchen organisation is strange there is like 3 items in each draw 🙄everything out in Ikea storage boxes. Waste of money

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The more she shows if the kitchen the more I really dont like it 😬 the lighting at night time looks awfully dark and dingy

Reactions: 3
Why have they blocked the boiler in like that, there is no room if they need to have it serviced etc.
her kitchen organisation is strange there is like 3 items in each draw 🙄everything out in Ikea storage boxes. Waste of money
“Here’s our four metal straws because we are doing our bit for the environment... and here are all our herbs and spices, which we have taken out of their original, perfectly good, packaging and put in other plastic pots 👍🏻

Does anyone else get absolutely enraged that she continually says “we have got” instead of just “we have”???

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah, thanks Katie, my kitchen does look rubbish with my boiler on show. Oh and my bin. And my washing machine. I'm doing my best!!;

Now I think about it, isn't it really stupid to post a video online showing precisely where you keep all your valuables & tech equipment? Seems like that might even invalidate contents insurance?
I thought the same. I watched the video this morning, if I was to brake in I’d head straight to the kitchen cupboards for the camera stuff lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven't watched Katie's videos for while - her voice is so monotone it sends me to sleep. Any way I thought I'd watch the kitchen organisation one as we're in the middle of juggling around our kitchen, so thought it might be useful. There were loads of things that stood out and didn't sit right with me.

#1 Katie came across as very smug and rather than giving useful tips about organising her kitchen she simple kept repeating how much space she had. It's very simple to organise a kitchen when you have empty cupboards. She pretty much spent the whole video showing off her stuff.

#2 when explaining where her kitchen came from she said they company were similar in price to Howdens and that they were more expensive than b&q etc and then proceeded to say "oh but we didn't get a quote from them". Now it's absolutely fine if she wants to buy a high end kitchen but surely it would have been better to say "they were similar in price to Howdens, but I'm not sure how that compares to other companies". Or simply don't mention the 'cheap' companies you didn't use because you're going to make people who can only afford those companies feel awful. I guess what I mean is the way she came across was very stuck up.

#3 everything in her kitchen was new, she examined about getting the pans free but all the trays etc all look new too. Also, had already had everyday cutlery and special cutlery but went out and bought another set simply because it was pink. What's the point in buying metal straws to save the world when you're buying things you don't actually need.

#4 she puts her laptops directly under her boiler! If that leaks or anything her laptops will be ruined. With all the empty cupboard space she was talking about surely there was a better place to put them.

#5 Katie and other influencers are totally out of touch with reality and the financial struggle most people face every day. She paid £10 each for storage baskets to put fruit and veg in. There was 4 or 5 baskets in that cupboard. £40/50 on storage for fruit and veg! That's the equivalent if not more than a lot of families weekly food shop. She called them slightly expensive! Bit of an under statement Katie!

#6 Katie claimed that the cook books in the kitchen were the ones they used all the time?? We all know they have fajitas multiple times a week. And ready made kits at that. We're meant to believe that she uses those regularly and there's more in the garage. I don't think so.

Sorry this has turned into a right moan. I'm just really fed up with "influencers" at the moment.

Ignore all the typos trying to type whilst carrying a toddler, trying to do uni work and housework is very tricky! 😂
100% This!!!!
I’ve not watched the video.... not sure if I want to see & hear the smugness that is Katie!
She is certainly not the only one who makes the rest of us feel crap! A lot of us would be very grateful for a new kitchen, wherever it comes from. She is a pure snob, just remember her from the charity shop visit.

I did see her post of all those herb jars. Now, I know a lot of people do this but I just don’t get it. Decant from a decently good jar to another. Firstly that’s certainly not sustainable, especially when there’s a lot of environmental issues going on with wastage, secondly it does actually change the quality of herb & spice. Thirdly, who believes she actually uses these spices? Not sure even super JonJon would? 🤔😂
And why are all her chocolate spread, jam etc jars laying on their sides? I’d be worried about spillage. But maybe that’s just me.

Does she really place her lap tops under the boiler?? 🤪

Cookbooks?? Where?? I cannot imagine she has one, let alone open one!! Think of the mess it would look when out of place!!

And more importantly, has she shown her wonderful utility room off in the video? She did seem very proud of that at one point! 😂

I seriously hope none of her children or anyone else leave some toast in that toaster and forget about it, the whole cupboard would be going up in flames!

• Wow
Let’s hope 😵 They do use the toaster a lot. Mainly crumpets so they’re a little hardier.
Exactly, it only takes one of them to get distracted and wander away for a bit...it’s a very enclosed space for a toaster. I have mine on a worktop that has no wall cupboards, so if it sets on fire there’s nothing for it to catch on to for a while...

Reactions: 1
She has no clue what it’s like for people in the real world. Her stories today, moaning about the weather dampening her creativity which makes it hard to work. She works from home, around her children, and gets paid a lot for very little hard word. I work in a school at lunchtimes for very little money, I didn’t have the luxury of not working today because the rain was making me feel lethargic.

Not only is she paid a lot of money for doing very little (e.g. playing Pig Goes POP with her children 🙄), but she also gets gifted things people like me can’t afford but she, on her wage, COULD. We don’t have a car at the moment, can’t afford one, and it would really be useful in getting myself or my husband to work as neither of us work from home. But no, it’s influencers like Katie that get given a car to test out for several months. I’m sick of influencers too.
Finally had a chance to comment on the car thing myself.
It does wind me up that influencers keep getting lent these cars to #ad too. Where does their current car go while they get to ride around in these flashy vehicles?
I did watch her video showing off the car and she was all ‘we’ve never had a car with all these gadgets’ blah blah. Of course not love, not many of us ‘normal’ folk could either unless you’re inviting us to debt.
‘This car boot fits so much in’. The dog won’t fit in that box for long. Good job they won’t have the car by then. They’ll probably be given the next size up to #ad which will be in tiny little letters & no hashtag 🤔🙄
I also notice that someone asked if the wireless phone charge was only for iPhone and typical Katie had no idea. Why does she not know this info? That car company is using the wrong sales lady. I’m sure she’s still laughing all the way to the bank though.

Reactions: 2
her marathon venture might end up being cancelled...with covid 19 all those sweaty crowds from numerous countries.....can't see it going ahead tbh

her marathon venture might end up being cancelled...with covid 19 all those sweaty crowds from numerous countries.....can't see it going ahead tbh
She’s probably praying it will. Typically though that’ll be her excuse & she’ll stick to that won’t she. 🙄

Since when did she start shopping with Sainsbury’s? I only ever see she shops with tesco.
Oh silly me, they offered her a deal she’d never say no to.
Don’t get me wrong, I shop everywhere, I have my favourite things from each so I’m not hugely loyal to just one supermarket but I just find it uncomfortable that Katie is now a sales person for Sainsbury’s when she’s always so clearly been a tesco girl & it’s only because she’s doing an ad (with no #). 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
She has no clue what it’s like for people in the real world. Her stories today, moaning about the weather dampening her creativity which makes it hard to work.
I was baffled by her statement! What creativity?! All mummy vloggers rip off one another, none of her videos have been particularly creative of late.
Doesn't take much creativity to film a tour of a kitchen you copied off someone else.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.